the Rift

Take me home, maybe?

Slaiter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Slaiter
Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
-H.P. Lovecraft

She does not fear, does not condemn, but instead gazes at the beast before her with kindness, understanding the corpse to be a gift rather than threat. Pleased, his ears prick forward and he dances in place slightly, settling only when she speaks again. Katria, she corrects him, and he accepts the new name without comment. His mind, though childish, knows enough of mythology and stories to easily adapt, shifting his preconceived notions to fit reality. She may be Katria in this world, just as he is Slaiter, for names change easily enough, and the tale stays the same.

She wants to know his name though, and he hesitates, unsure how to answer. Should he tell her Hades, remain true to the legend, or will Slaiter suffice? Or maybe she wants something else, wants to know what others have called him. Ghoul, monster, abomination, zombie, wrong, twisted, killer, undead? He doesn't know the answer, doesn't know which one she wants. No one has ever asked him who he is, just his name. (Is there a difference? Of course there is. For a name may shape you, but it is not all of who you are. Just think of your name, and think of who you are. Different? Do you now understand?).

Finally, he offers his name, hesitantly, hoping his answer is the right one. "Slaiter," he murmurs, and this simple act will shape their entire story, molding it into something new, a tale he has never heard told, and so he will never know the right responses to lead to the happy ending. Nervous now, he again shifts, letting his hooves dance uneasily beneath his large frame. He supposes he could always try to follow a similar script, fall back to what he is familiar with, obey the rules of Hades and Persephone, but what if he can't snatch the girl away? And where is he to find pomegranate, so he can feed her six seeds and guarantee she must stay with him for two seasons? What if he does find one, only to learn she doesn't like pomegranate? Would something else work, an apple perhaps, or will the magic be lost?

No matter. He has made the choice already by telling her his name, and the tale will unfold however it wants to. (Why do you look to me now for answers? I cannot see the future, just the present, and you will have to wait to know what happens next.)

(OOC: Don't worry about it, sometimes stuff happens. And I understand, I'm actually playing around with Slaiter's writing style too, so we can be experiment buddies :) )

Messages In This Thread
Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Slaiter - 05-30-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Slaiter - 06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Lakota - 06-10-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 06-14-2013, 03:29 PM