the Rift

The area (Xira)

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The ear pitching shriek of a whinny struck chills down my spine. I instantly rose my head from eating the green luxious grass. What kind of shriek was that? It was more of an angry one, but it sounded weird. It wasn't a help alert or anything. It sounded very far away also. Giving a snort I ignored the sound and kept on eating the earthy tastful grass that lingered in my mouth. I wondered if it was a male stallion lookeing for a mate? Maybe.

I walk silently through the sand, trees making little shade. My hoove tracks following the pattern of my legs. Where was I? I didn't have a clue. I didn't have a herd, but I usually knew where I was. The sun beated down on me like a steaming oven. Sweat poured down my forhead and neck. The shade couldn't hide the hot rays that were litterally cooking me alive. Parched, I kept on walking. Maybe it would be a good idea to have water now. The thought of water rushed through the thoughts in my head. Oh no, I knew that I needed it now for I was so thirsty. Then all of a sudden, it hit me. I fell to my knees, as everything started to become a blur and before I knew it everything was black

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

The pair stalked through the desert like predators searching for prey, but there was something slightly different. Xira's normally confident and cocky attitude was replaced with one more subdued- her head hung in what appeared to be shame, and Kye's narrow gaze gave off a dark and threatening aura. It was obvious, even from the distance that would separate them from any other living things in this dead land, that they would be best left alone. While Xira struggled with her feelings for Andash, whatever they were, if she could even call them feelings, Kye perched atop her alula and peered down as if she owned the ground her bonded walked upon.

Xira had recently become aware that her falcon's attitude was no longer welcome. There was something strange and distancing about the way the small bird had been acting as of late. It seemed that gaining the ability to speak her mind, no matter how broken her words came out, had brought her a confidence she didn't deserve. Xira found herself blocking out the falcon's insults, and missing the comfort of her appraisal. Then again, what had the bird ever applauded her for but being rough and cruel? Was that really an attitude deserving of a reward?

With a heavy sigh, the chestnut mare picked up her pace and trotted along the oasis' edge, searching for something, or perhaps someone to occupy her mind. She needed a distraction from all of this; a way to forget these complicated feelings. It was strange how suddenly one appeared, really. She saw a body fall to the earth heavily, throwing up sand in its wake, and instantly her intrigue sparked and her melancholy dissipated. With a whistle, Xira sent her falcon ahead, not thinking of Kye's natural instinct as she commanded the bird.

By the time Xira reached the unicorn filly's side, Kye had already landed atop her and started picking curiously at the tight flesh around the ribcage. It was clear that this filly had been wandering for some time, perhaps in search of water. Tourists, Xira thought with disgust before extending a wing to shake Kye off of the body. With confidence, the chestnut roan placed a heavy white hoof on the filly's form and shook, testing whether or not she was alive. If not, well... then one less fool in the world.

Fascinating how quickly the mind can turn to bitterness.

NOTHING I CAN SAY WILL PURIFY MY FOOLISH TONGUE.</style>

image by onigiri-kun @ flickr.com</style>

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I didn’t know how long I collapsed for. The beaming sun still lay on my shimmering sweaty coat surrounded by the muggy air. My rib cage all of a sudden felt numb. A sharp pain formed its self-breaking through the skin that protected my bones throughout my body. I screamed and screamed for the pain to stop, but it seemed like no one or nothing could hear the shriek that came from my parched throat. My throat quested for water.
Slowly I started to hear breathing. A steady beat, but it didn’t match mine. “That’s not my breathing.” I thought. Then if it wasn’t mine then whose was it? The thought of a predator send chills down my spine and terror stuck though my lame body. The pain near my rib cage, that’s it. I was being eaten alive.
Calmly, I opened my eyes which were a cherry brown now. It wasn’t a predator thank god, but it was another horse. Wait it wasn’t a horse it was a Pegasus. An unfamiliar one. I looked up to the unfamiliar Pegasus and tried to talk, but all that came out was a moan. I wanted to scream “Who are you? What do you want with me! I am no harm.” But I couldn’t even barley moan.
The heat still lingered in the air and the burning hot sand, which was like lava, didn’t move since there wasn’t a breeze. I didn’t have feeling in the side that lingered in the dirt anymore. It was too hot, muggy, unbearable weather. The filly twitched when she felt the hot hoof push on her body, shaking it. I breathed hard so the Pegasus knew I was still alive, so she wouldn’t leave me to die.
Death was one of my worst fears. Death. Where do you go? Where would I go? Who would be there? What would be there? My mind was racing a million miles per second with my imaginary thoughts that fantasied pictures through my head. Knowing that my herd was all killed, tears lightly fell down my cheek hitting the hot sand making a drop sound.

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

Beneath her the filly groaned and shifted as her eyes fluttered open, and Xira became aware of the fact that she had truly struck fear into the filly's heart. She took her hoof off of the child's side and planted it firmly in the sand before her before huffing with a disappointed sigh and letting the scene unfold before her. Kye, forced off of her perch, had landed instead in the crook of her master's wings and curled to rest between the weathers contentedly. The day had been long and Kye had little interest in foolish fillies.

Sleep, Xira heard the little falcon murmur sleepily into her thoughts. Likely she'd be awake again soon, but for now she'd poked and prodded the child and thus deemed her boring- an exhausted form of entertainment that she could not eat, and was thus useless. Sleep would be the only thing to stave off the inevitable boredom, and Xira was more than happy to be free of her companion's chittering for a moment.

She turned her attention back down to the filly, who had somehow begun to cry, and whose tears were hitting the sand in soft, pathetic streams. With a soft nicker of displeasure, Xira found herself curling her lip and tossing her head with distaste. Why was the foal so silent, so pathetic? She'd been found and perhaps even saved, now was the time to thank her for the deed and then move along and out of Xira's life.

She didn't want anyone in her life. It was scary enough that she was perhaps making a friend in Andash, though she was at least satisfied that it was nothing more- she did not need a filly trailing after her like a child. Kye already filled that role, and besides, she hated fillies. Hated fillies. They were always foolish and innocent when they needed to be strong; unable to stand up for themselves simply because they're mothers had spent more time loving them and sheltering them than teaching them.

"Get up, stop crying, and tell me your name," the chestnut roan commanded roughly and with impatience lacing her words. No, she had no fondness for fillies.

NOTHING I CAN SAY WILL PURIFY MY FOOLISH TONGUE.</style>

image by onigiri-kun @ flickr.com</style>