the Rift

[PRIVATE] And who are you? {Zdravilo}

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Faelon looked over the Frost breath Steppe again, and it stung of familiarity. Crven was the pitiful mare that he had met here so long before, a maneless beauty that doubted herself terribly until she was fighting a battle against herself. The stallion could have never felt worse for her, and thought it was his duty to reassure her and make her feel better, for he couldn't stand to see any horse in such shape. But now, alone and scared he walked the place again belonging to the racist unicorns. Faelon is what could be described as the perfect unicorn, with an elegant white pelt and a lush golden mane, set with a golden horn protruding from the middle of his head. But there was not a racist bone in his body, and he was far to kind to join the Basin. It was true he wanted to stay with unicorns, since he had grown up with them his whole life, but he was afraid that they might mock him, or treat him miserably for caring about others that had wings, or had no sort of appendages.

Shrewdly trotting, he nervously shifted his emerald eyes looking out for someone, and kept himself at a fast pace. The cold weather started to come back, and ice started to cover the plain once again, making it difficult to keep a good footing. He didn't walk too far until he heard footsteps behind him, as he turned around to see who was approaching him. He silently begged it was someone not looking for a fight.

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
She had pranced far and wide over the expanse called helovia. Mystifying, yet piercingly dangerous, this land was. It was haunted with vulgar sites and scenes, and not only that, but this place also held many dangerous landscapes and formations. Yet, this mare ignores the dangers and pressed on. She had not a single hard time ignoring the obvious dangers that lurked. She was a simple girl, easily pleased and easy on the eyes. She was impressionable and noble, but soft and subtle. Yes, she was Zdravilo.

I trotted with a hearty pace, yet no sweet beaded on my body. I was just lingering after my talk with Descaro. That damned horse was so alluring, but I knew my boundaries. We were strictly friends with not a single loophole. No one had gotten farther than close friend yet. Nothing had even tried hard to go farther.

So I trotted, slowly and cautiously. That was until I saw the glimpse of a stallion. I let my strides lengthen into even beats of the subtle canter. My banner following me like a cloud of mist. I caught up to the boy, and lowered my pace a few notches to a lope. We were close, yet still a ways away. Twenty comfortable yards between us. Though that space was closing.

Finally I caught up to him as he skittishly turned around, my friendliness taking over as always. "Hi there! I'm Zdrav-- you have a horn!" I smiled enjoying it's beauty. It was white. It was straight. It was proud. The horn looked like that of a traditional unicorn. I liked that, a lot. Not many had horns like so. For an example, my horn was not really a horn as much as it was a pair of antlers, though I was still fond of them. Letting out a soft nicker I slowed to a halt. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. As I was saying, I'm Zdravilo!" I smiled softly at him, hoping I hadn't scared the balls off of him.

Unregistered
Almost jumping out of his skin, the strong stallion turned to hear a cheerful, happy voice. The mare was about to introduce herself when she noticed his spiraling horn. Faelon offered a shy smile, and bowed his head, not in a showing off manner though. The stallion just wanted her to see a horn was present on his head. Faelon looked back up and scanned her with curious emerald orbs. A happy soul she was, with bright orange and green eyes.

They were interesting, and multicolored, but he would say nothing out loud. Only silent thoughts of curiosity in his intellectual mind. The mare was attractive, white, like him, but instead of pure silky white, she had orange blotches here and there on her body. Sprouting from her head were two antlers, but despite the type of horns she had, she was still a unicorn.

"Sorry M'lady, you didn't startle me too badly. This is the land of Aurora Basin, fierce unicorns. I was afraid they might pick a fight with me, for I am not racist", Faelon spoke. "I was considering joining the herd, but rumors tell me they are anything but peaceful", he spoke again with carefully chosen words. Despite his peaceful demeanor, Faelon was accustomed to fighting, and in fact was an exceptional warrior. "Where are my manners. My name is Faelon, and it is a pleasure meeting you, Zdravilo", he spoke.

Unregistered
I giggled when the stallion spoke. He said something about not being startled too bad, then something about fierce unicorns. I sighed happily at him. I was an exuberant creature, nestled in the basin. I was not fierce, nor mean. Then he said something else. Something that caught her attention. "I was considering joining the herd, but rumors tell me they are anything but peaceful" I snorted at him. "I'm not fierce, nor am I racist. I am an Aurora Basin unicorn. I'm not war like. Heck, if I sparred I'd be flattened in two seconds. By all means, the Basin has racists and non-racists. There really is not much to it." I chuckled softly, and walked up next to him.

Continuing, I replied. "Faelon. That's an interesting name." I reached my whiskered muzzle towards him. It was a greeting, and it only meant half as much as it did with other horses. I was stuck in a funk. I wasn't really sure of anything, but I was sure I would still recruit. "If you ever join the Aurora Basin, tell them I sent you, and you'll probably get in. Do not cross the borders, for that is trespassing." I giggled for a moment, looking at him. After a moment, I looked around.

All I saw... was white. The Steppe was like a canvas waiting to be painted on. It wanted to feel hooves mold it's body like clay. This land wanted love. It seemed abandoned and so alone. My pleasant expressions never faded, nor dimmed. "Well, Faelon, where do you come from?"

I smiled. No, I continued smiling.

Unregistered
The girl giggled when I spoke, and a shy smile appeared on my face. She seemed like a darling, so cute and sweet. Sighing happily the fae suddenly contorted her face into that of annoyance as she spoke well of her herd. “I’m glad you’re not fierce or racist. With those antlers of yours, you’d surely pierce my hide”, I quietly joked, hoping I didn't sound flirtatious. “You sure do look imposing to me”, I gave a chuckle as I felt her warmth beside me. Turning my head, I saw the piebald girl by my side. The lady started talking again, and I couldn't help but to think about her exuberant personality. Unlike others, she openly spoke to me, and didn't chide like other equines when they saw me accidentally trespassing upon their land.

My best interests were to promote kindness, and being a pacifist, I stood up for what was right in a peaceful way, but yet they had a reason to hate. Zdravilo was a first, being talkative and welcoming with me. “I guess in a way, I’m more interested in joining, M’lady”, I said laughing, actually wanting to be a part of the unicorns.
In the past, as a colt, I had only heard stories of equines and Pegasus, and knowing how rudely my herd mates talked about them, I made a vow to never hate them for lacking a horn. But throughout the course of life, being surrounded by unicorns, I felt it was better to live with his own kind where I wouldn't be segregated. But… something bad could come out of it.

While I traveled as an outcast, I had heard a lot of hatred towards the Basin, and one thing that I hate more than controlling, abusive horses, was others loathing me. Reaching her whiskered muzzle towards me, it felt like a warm greeting. “Of course, M’lady”, I said with a laugh. “If I even got close, they might find a way to start hating me”, the sentence was accompanied by a laugh. “Although, I will wait at the borders for someone to find me”, I replied, flicking my tail, touching her leg in a playful manner.

One moment, there was just silence as I watched Zdravilo with my emerald eyes. She seemed to be scanning the area, and as she did so, I exhaled a breath and decided to study the dangerous terrain. Snow covered and beautiful, it stretched out for miles, and now looking closer I found a newfound beauty in the place I used to dread. My discovery of the kindness of the Aurora Basin now made me feel more secure walking around the area, and accompanied by the lady belonging to the herd. Even as a Pegasus, wouldn’t it be hard to stretch open your wings and fly all of this area. Surely they would tire? Looking back to Zdravilo, she spoke again, this time asking a question.

“I come from faraway lands, from Deep forests where I was trained to be a knight, a fighter. I was a renowned fighter, but honestly that life didn't really suit me. Soon enough, my home was raided, and I was captured by opponent forces, taking me and enslaving me. Thankfully I escaped and came here to Helovia, where I seek a home”, I said returning her bright smile, looking her in her bi-colored eyes. “Now, M’lady, do you mind me returning that same question to you? It would be interesting to make a friend before joining the Basin”, I spoke, hinting I would most likely reside in the place of the unicorns.

Unregistered
The conversation flowed nicely, and my guard was down. Though that was no shock. I was gifted a trusting nature and a sweet heart. I would love to be able to take him there. He'd fit in nicely and I think he'd like the brindle boy, though the Weaver seemed more sophisticated and job orientated. I was sure he'd like the Aurora Basin. With the chill of Frostfall on the verge, I had to straighten out and get some friends. Though friends shouldn't be forced like they would in this case, I'd try. Incompletion of this task would shame me. I would die if I didn't get my little bird. I really did like talking, and maybe my companion would also!

Her smile faded back rather quickly, though his last question made me cringe inside, I didn't show it. "Why Faelon, histories are tragic and bring forth strange feelings that some are unable to comprehend normally, hence why, histories are a spec of ink on and obsidian stone. Shall we not let our sweet conversation dwindle to oblivion by allowing questions as so forth? It makes my cherubic personality tinge with salt." Basically, I mouthed off words that were intelligent enough, however I was young, and I made mistakes. Easily could I have messed up one of those words.

"I am curious as to why you are so close to the borders of a herd that is not yours. Were you wishing to join, or to marvel at our warm pool?" I winked at him. Though, it was a joke I didn't really know what he thought. My nostrils quivered as the air flew out of them. Slowly I picked up a soft walk. Looking around for a moment I made sure no one was around. Well, at least any wings or bare heads.

I dropped my head to the ground and took in a deep scent of it. It smelt of the Desert and Plains. Damned air heads and bare heads from the Foothills it smelt as. "Faelon, I must go, and this was nice. Aurora Basin is that way. Tell 'em one of their Scourge's sent you, and you'd like to join, but I must be gone." I turned around and started trotting off. "Maybe we can catch up another time!" Lowering my head slightly I took off. There was a slight fog that drifted over the baren landscape so I disappeared without looking back.

Looking back on this, it was much fun.