Kiss the Rain [Open!]

Janus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I do it for the love
I do it for the rain
I do it for the passion,
do it for the pain

Ice-blue eyes remained locked on Fence's form, simply soaking in his appearance and trying to gauge just what, exactly, he wanted. Did he want anything from her? Or was he simply being a kind gentleman? Her last year in slavery had caused the Andalusian to become jaded and untrustworthy of those around her, but... There was something rather chivalrous about how Fence spoke to her; regarding her as an equal, not speaking to her as though she was inferior.

Her eyes soaked in the way that Fence's muscles rippled as he dared move closer, his caution not missed by the war-mare's experienced eye. He was moving slow as not to cause her alarm or unnecessary stress, and the blatant care and respect that he showed for her simply strengthened the decision that he did not mean her any harm. Fence's neck then stretched forward, his muzzle reaching outwards to her, and of it's own accord Janus felt her own move out to greet him. She was hesitant, pausing only a moment before allowing their noses to brush. It was a simple, faint contact before Janus pulled away, but it was enough to solidify the fact that she was no longer alone.

Meeting Fence, here in this strange forest of the land called Helovia, was a step in repairing the life that she had lost. While the idea of living in the wilds, alone, was still unappealing, the snow-colored mare knew she had no other choice. It was either make a life for herself here, or return to servitude. A pale ear flicked forward as Fence pulled away, his warm vocals causing a pleasant tune for her ears. He spoke of a land, the Windtossed Foothills, and the group that occupied it. The Grey... What a strange band, yet they sounded honorable, and Janus was nothing if not that. Would it do her good to have a steady force to back her? Would it help her wounded spirit to have a family...? Would she even be welcomed into this "Grey"?

"Fence," Janus responded after a few moments of deliberation, her voice soft and subdued, "Your offer is kind... And I think that perhaps you're right. It's been a very long time since I could trust those around me, rely on others to watch my back in vulnerable times. Perhaps, by having that, I'll regain who I am." The barest of smiles crossed the Andalusian's lips, but it did not meet her eyes. No, those ice-blue orbs were still glazed and dull with bitter pain. It would be a long time until those wounds would begin to heal.

Glancing down at herself and the mud that was caked to her frame, Janus let out a small breath. She truly was exhausted, and lacked any true desire to make herself presentable for this warrior before her. If she hadn't been so exhausted, the thought would have made her chuckle. Surely he must think she was quite the heinous creature, gallivanting through the wilds like a uneducated beast. Beast... The thought snapped her to a time, a very long time ago, when she had called a certain black Friesian a 'wild beast'. Oh, she would do nearly anything to return to that time... With a snap of her head, Janus ripped her mind from those thoughts. No. If she dwelled on that time right then and there, the war-mount was certain that she would lose her mind.

Instead, she refocused on Fence, gazing at him as though he were her lifeline. In a way, she supposed, he was, for he was offering her salvation. Did he understand the meaning of his own words? "If you and your band will have me, Fence, I will gladly follow you to the Windtossed Foothills. I am a soldier at heart, no matter how pathetic I may seem, so perhaps my strength and abilities will be to some use of you and your kin."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Janus - 05-29-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Lev Fence - 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Janus - 05-31-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Lev Fence - 06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Janus - 06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: Kiss the Rain [Open!] - by Lev Fence - 06-04-2013, 09:04 PM