the Rift

Where The Wild Things Are

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Atka was the name of the kind-eyed stallion, and Apollo's gaze lingered on the jovial smile that rested upon his lips. He seemed like a nice enough fellow, this Atka... Perhaps he would be of a good use to the Grey. While the band of mercenaries oftentimes relied upon brute strength, and Apollo had fought for his family before, he no longer had the urge to resort to violence. That is why he had become a medic; to help those in need. Offering Atka a boyish grin in response, the Earth Medic shifted slightly, changing his stance to one of utmost relaxation.

Before he could answer Atka's inquiry, Apollo's ears turned at the sound of Accalia's voice. He did not miss the scathing tone to her words, nor the implications that they held. Instead of answering the would-be Assassin with a snippit of attitude, the overo merely smiled warmly. Kill them with kindness, as Andreas had always said.

"Yes, Accalia; as I stated, I am a medic. I do not enjoy causing pain or suffering on others, and that is why I live the life of a healer... And, your band of Assassins do not live in a stable enviornment. While, perhaps, they can offer Atka here a family, if you would call your group this, they lack the means to offer him a home." With that said, Apollo turned his head back to Atka, his dark lips twitching slightly as a warmer smile graced his features.

"My duty to the Foothills is to take care of those who simply cannot help themselves. Mare, stallion, or foal; I don't care. If one is injured, I do my best to help them... I'm not gifted in the art of mixing herbs as some doctors across Helovia might be, but I am gifted with magic from the God of the Earth himself. It is my duty to my home, my family, and my patron God." Here, he paused as if contemplating his words. While the monochromatic stallion didn't particularly care about Accalia's presence, he wouldn't disregard her entirely. After all, he had been raised better than that.

Still, when he continued, he smiled. "I serve the Foothills, yes, but we are so much more than just a herd. Those who reside in the borders of the Windtossed Foothills are members of a family known as the Grey." Apollo's voice, when mentioning his beloved family, swelled with pride. After all, why shouldn't he feel proud to be a part of such a magnificent family? "The Grey is a band of mercenaries, but don't be alarmed, Atka. Not everyone in the Grey lives the path of violence. I, for example, do not. Our family relies on one another, and the only thing we ask is that you remain loyal to our cause; to help those who cannot help themselves. Should you decide to join me in the Foothills, the Grey will have your back in everything you wish to accomplish."

Soft, honey-brown eyes watched both Atka and Accalia as he trailed off. Would this interest the heavily muscled stag? Or would he chose to join Accalia and their make-shift band of 'assassins'? Around him then, a breeze of cool air ruffled the black tresses of his mane, causing the three blue beads that were tied in the strands to clank against one another. The sound caused Apollo to chuckle.

"Winter is fast approaching, Atka, and life in the wilds can be dangerous. Even if you don't wish to join the Grey, I should hope that you do find somewhere to call home. It's a nice feeling."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Where The Wild Things Are - by Atka - 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Accalia - 05-30-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Apollo - 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Atka - 05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Accalia - 05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Apollo - 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Atka - 06-03-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Where The Wild Things Are - by Apollo - 06-08-2013, 12:05 AM