the Rift

[OPEN] lend me strength and courage

Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic SELENE
so where do we go from here?

The wind was bitter. It bit at her skin with gnarling flurries of frigid air. Selene hated cold weather. Since when was a beach cold? Although she had never set foot on one while winter was blasting its numbing fury. The filly stood before her with widened eyes, and a humble jaw hanging slightly open in awe. Had she never seen another pegasus? Well, thats what it looked like. Selene scarcely shifted her chin upwards in a haughty superior type of manner. She didn't mean anything by it, it was just her. The filly seemed to be cheerful and confident and this calmed selene. At least she didn't have to fake a personality to put the little one at peace. Rubbish. This filly seemed strong and full of adventure which was surprising at her age. Maybe she was younger than selene had thought. In fact, the young filly reminded selene of herself. As soon as i manged to form my simple naive question, the filly didn't hesitate to respond with meek tones that fumbled from her lips. 'Daddeeee. Wifth... perates.'

As soon as the words fell from the young ones lips, a smile followed closely behind, forming at the corners of Selenes velvet chops. The way she attempted to pronounce her speech was rather amusing to her. Who was the sire? She hadn't seen another pegasus among the pirates, nor any of the fillies coloring. Was she adopted, or possibly taken in? Before she could ponder her thoughts anymore, the fillies fragile tones broke the silence. 'Ayeeee. Take. Yooo. Toooo. Mommeeeeee.' It was understandable, but hardly. But the filly was much to charming to ignore. With an encouraging bob of her skull, she followed the filly cautiously with ears erect. She wasn't quite sure of where the filly was taking her, nor did selene care; but she wanted to see who called the little one their daughter. A sudden gust of wind blew a rather putrid stench unto her nostrils. She snorted quite loudly, shuddering her shoudlers. It smelled of death and decaying flesh.

Before she could raise her head to inspect the smell any further, the filly spoke. 'Mommeeeee.' A confused expression crossed her face as she studied the fillies features before her eyes revealed a rather unpleasant surprise. There rested a horse, crumbling in decomposition. Selene was sent flying backwards in fright. More surprise than fear was shown in her face. It appeared to have once been a pegasus, the majority of the wings were consumed as only a few feathers and tendons remained. Despite the ugly site, the mare seemed as though she has passed away peacefully. Her body was basically untouched, even the gulls hadn't bothered to pick at her remains. This is what she called mother? A rotting skeleton lying on the shore? Outrageous! Had she died while birthing? The filly didn't seem to be phased by the site nor was she mournful.

Selene tucked her massive wings tightly against her sides, as a knot formed in her throat that couldn't be swallowed. The little one broke the terrifying silence with her meek voice. 'Ayee. Ammmaraaa.' Amara? The name fit her appearance and her fearless strong willed attitude. She seemed to be taking this situation better than herself. That was obvious. She wasn't quite sure what to say. What was there to say? Already she had seen alot. A breathless carcass of a horse disintegrating on the sand? With a wince of her eyes, her crimson gaze wearily returned to Amara's. The inside of her mouth became dry as she tried to speak. "It's lovely to meet you Amara, I-I am Selene." She forced a grin across her lips as her gaze traced over the body once again. "What happened to her..?..." What? She is probably grieving enough for her! Don't return those memories to her little mind! Although the filly didn't seem to mind the sight of her deceased mother. That didn't matter, it was time to change the subject. She fiddled her hooves uncomfortably, auburn locks dancing across her muscular nape. "It looks like we are going to be seeing eachother quite often, now. I have joined the Pirates not long ago." She outstretched her neck with a smile bumping the fillies neck with her maw gently. She tried to avoid disturbing the body by walking around it with a respectable distance.

She hoped the filly was following her, thick brawn rippled underneath her pelt as the waves beat the shore somewhat harshly. The filly spoke of flying. She was a natural teacher. So if the filly wanted to learn to fly, than so be it. "Of course! I know the perfect place for learning!" And with that said, she tossed her head playfully, bouncing into a brisk trot. "Come on!" She looked back at Amara with a wide grin. She gazed ahead at the rock shelf ahead, trying to forget the odd encounter with the fillies 'mother.'

"blah blah blah."

Sorry for the wait! I apologize if its long and rambly. c:
Word count- 826 :D

Messages In This Thread
lend me strength and courage - by Amara - 05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-11-2013, 05:05 PM