Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
Well you don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now I'm a man
Who won't let himself be

The recent meeting with my mother had done wonders to soothe me. Her words acted as a cradle, her voice a silken blanket that wrapped around me and assured me that she had not completely abandoned me as I had been told more times than I wished to remember. I understood that she was busy, doing what I wasn't entirely sure, but I knew it was important. Certainly it wasn't easy toting the moon across the sky every single day of the year...

Departing from the Veins had been somewhat difficult for me, for I was unwilling to leave my mother so suddenly after finally speaking with her again. But I had gone, albeit reluctantly, eager to begin my quest and prove to my beloved mother that I could find these things in record time. I had pondered the location of each item religiously as I carried myself away from the southern parts of Helovia, my main focus on that of the white flower. I couldn't help but wonder, was it the same one I had gifted to her upon my arrival? I knew not it's property of life, nor when it did and din't grow. However, the land that my mother called her own had quickly brought itself to my mind. The World's Edge.

What little I knew about the cliffsided land was mostly negative. I vaguely remembered the Edge myself; I had been brought there by my mother and dumped at my father's feet for him to rear me. I remembered grand trees and the persistent stench of nearby salt water... Perhaps I could gather that while I was here, too? I could only hope that the current inhabitants, while described to me as uncaring monsters, were just the opposite.

The sudden, sharp scent of others caught my nose then, bringing me to a sudden halt. I'd not traveled much in my year of life, but I knew well enough that what had just caught in my nostrils were scent markers, invisible barriers that marked the territory of the World's Edge. I would be a fool to waltz in without an invitation, even if this was my own mother's land. So lifting my head, I called out into the night, hoping that I wouldn't disrupt too many from their sleep.

[Mesec is here for his quest ;D]

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Midnight was no time to be sleeping.

The nights were growing longer, as the season shifted. Mother speaks of her homeland often, the lands where the night never ends, where the sun never rises, the stars never stop glowing and the Moon was forever a celestial partner in the skies. But those lands have fallen into chaos and destruction, unreachable by us and any others - or so we believe. The land we call home is the patron realm of the Moon Goddess of Helovia, and it has satisfied the wandering heart of my mother - at least, I presume as much, for she lingers here still, very rarely venturing past the borders.

Wandering the borders of the land had become an easy habit, though usually I would follow the great footsteps of my father. He is about, not far away, but my child-like attention span has taken me away from the path he has marked, my sensitive nostrils drinking in the great variance of scents that are in the vicinity. It is by chance that as I wander, nose to the ground, eyes peering ahead, that I spy the legs of a winged and horned yearling. My crown tilts, much like a curious cat's does, as it lifts to become level with my chest once more, my footsteps slowly but not stopping until I was within a length from this curiously patterned façade.

The silver that lined him reminded me of her glow. My golden orbs peered up to the celestial body that hung so lovingly above us, staining us both in a silver sheen, muting my golden scales and bringing out the pewter hue that resided upon my fuzzy, wintry, downy pelt. I return my gaze to the young stallion then, tilting my crown at him again, before speaking. My voice is deep and melodic for one so young, carefully presented with purpose behind the words. Ears are pricked forward, ready to capture any response he might voice, as my tail curves upwards, so that it is held in almost a complete circle behind my hocks.

"Who are you?"
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
Well you don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now I'm a man
Who won't let himself be

Much to my eternal happiness, it didn't take long at all for somebody to answer my call. Out of the darkness they had come, a being that was much smaller and younger than I would have imagined to come and greet me; not that I minded, of course, for I myself was still quite young and had yet to grow fully into my lengthy legs.

As the younger filly drew closer and closer, the moonlight spilled out across her body and what I saw had my eyes glowing in curiosity. Although she bore not a horn upon her forehead, she was remarkably different in her own way. Her coat was champagne in color, and blended into her hide was what I could only fathom were scales. Their rich, amber hue glistened beneath my mother's gentle rays, mesmerizing and absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I wasn't suddenly overwhelmed with relief; a part of me had been fearful of wandering into another herd land, where I knew not the creatures who called it home. What if they had treated me with the same hostility of the Basin? In the filly's company, we were both different, both unique, and I was content.

When she spoke, I found myself surprised at the melody that hung on those three words. She was much younger than I, but already she seemed more than capable of holding herself as an adult would; like a leader would. Cupping my own ears forward, I tried to exude even more the fact that I was not here to cause trouble nor be a nuisance to her family. "My name is Mesec," I answered, pausing for a brief moment to collect my thoughts before I went on to explain my reason for being here in the first place.

"These are my mother's lands; she's sent me to find a flower that grows only beneath the moonlight, and, well... I thought this might be a good place to begin my journey." Another pause, and then, "May I ask of your name?"

He held himself with a great manner of poise, I noted with approval, though it was not until he continued to speak that I found out just why. Within our lands, there was the young Israfel. Mother had explained to me the circumstances of her conception, her birth - she had a God's blood running through her veins, and not just any God, but the Lord of the Flame and Light, Lord Solar, God of the Sun - the one who urged the great fiery orb to rise in the East every morning, and set over the western sea in the evenings. As this Mesec spoke, I was sure my eyes might have widened in the realisation that he was the same - only, different - as our young Israfel. In my surprise, I felt something stir within me, something awaken - and suddenly, I was feeling much more complete, as the magic of my soul sparked and summoned a friend.

Daryth chirped a strange, ghostly tone from his perch upon my back, his small dark form a strange shadowy shape - if he were to fly, he would be nearly invisible in the darkness of the night, despite him being an embodiment of a soul constructed purely from light. I feel his presence against my own mind, and I take comfort in it. He hushes the multitude of questions I wish to ask him - Why did you disappear last time? How do I hold onto you for longer? Should I call for father, or mother, to greet this son of our wondrous Goddess? - and simply reminded me that Mesec had asked a question that I was yet to answer. Without realising it, I find myself with my tiara tilted to view the dark smudge of a dragon upon my back, and swiftly I compose myself, looking with renewed interest at the colt before me.

"Amaris," I say, stepping forward, closing more distance between myself and the winged, horned youth. I seek to hold his silver gaze, to explore the dashes of pewter that decorated his flanks, wings and delightfully sculpted façade, to see within him traces of the Goddess I was yet to view with my own eyes. I feel compelled even, to reach out with my muzzle, and feel the touch of his own skin - and I wonder if he would allow such a thing, even as I make the motion. Why does he seek flower? Daryth's deep, comforting voice questions in my head, and once again I am reminded of the words the young steed spoke, of seeking a midnight flower. I had not taken notice of such a thing - truly, Hellena was probably the most ideal soul to ask - but I knew of places within our herdland that contained the most lush growth of wildflowers, even in this winter that dropped snow over them, they still peeked out.

"Why does she want a flower?" Perhaps it was unwise of me to question the reasons a Goddess behaved a certain way, maybe it was foolish even to question her demigod son - who knew what he was capable of. But standing so near to him, feeling the way the moonlight accepted his presence, and the quiet way in which Daryth did not fuss, all led me to feel like I could inherently trust him - maybe even, like him, befriend him.
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

As I watched the champagne beauty step closer to me, I found myself unable to get over just how beautiful she truly was. While others may think her strange for her unusual scaling, or worse even, I found the difference irresistibly alluring. No, there was no other hidden emotion buried deep down that I felt towards the filly, other than pure shock; she was much younger than I, and I was awestruck to witness the grace in which she moved. Surely, whoever her parents were must be deeply proud of her.

Realizing that I must appear to be staring, I blinked twice and met the youngster's brilliantly hued golden eyes. For a moment we seemed to look into one another, not physically but into the other's soul, striving to find something. Already I knew I could trust the scaly winged filly, and I hoped that she felt the same towards me. As she made the motion to reach out towards me, I was somewhat taken aback, for it wasn't an action that was often proffered to me. Father had rarely even cast a crazed eye towards me, and Mother was always much too busy to worry about the likes of me.

Our muzzles pressed into one another briefly, lingering long enough to file her scent into the depths of my memory, and to assure her that there was no need to be cautious in my presence. I pulled away before she could grow uncomfortable however, if she would even feel so at all, and settled my gaze back onto her own. Despite the lack of pupils, my silver gaze held a certain warmth within them as I regarded her. "That is a lovely name, Amaris."

At Amaris' question, I suddenly felt a pang of worry swell within my broadening chest. I had asked my mother for the ability to create poisons, which could inherently kill another creature, or at the very least hinder them in some way. While I didn't foresee myself putting the magic to use any time soon and certainly not for myself to administer should it be needed, I knew that it could prove useful for my new home in the Foothills. With a gentle sigh I met Amaris' gaze again, and answered. "She has sent me on a quest," I explained, "I must make a poison from that flower, bark, and sea water. In turn, she will grant me the ability to create plants of poisonous nature."

Credits

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
"Why?"

It is a whisper of smoke escaping a flame, a quiet word that hangs in the balance of darkness and moonlight into which she has danced, nimble child on a dancer's legs. Roused from rest by a rumor on the wind, she has left her mother and Kali behind to sleep in their uneasy peace, eyes closed and souls entwined. At her heels a shadow steps, silent fox outlined by the rays of the moon, silver lining to the child's crescent of gold. Neither knows what power it is that draws them on, but to question instinct does not enter their minds; they are puppets pulled by lazy threads of fate, willing pawns of a greater picture content to watch as the world passes by.

The scent of others is a curious one, a rippling flavor laced with underlays of power, magic tingles of light upon her tongue. She knows one; Natraj remembers from the day of his birth, and she remembers for its familiarity, the gentle beauty and happiness it brings. Amaris, she thinks the name must be- Amaris her cousin, the dragon bound to her by blood. Distantly she wonders at the accompanying scent, the musk of something she does not know to be feathers and the clean addition of a moonlit power, accompanied by trees, so many trees that they build a vast forest in the prism of her mind, stretching out as far as she can imagine and taller than the night sky. It smells slightly like Natraj, too, and Madyrn and Maskan and some of the others she has seen. It smells - though she does not understand this - male.

She sees them at last, caught red handed in a tender embrace, and the firedancer feels something. Something tight and pulsing in her chest, a burning sensation she cannot place. What is it?

Oh, child- the taste of envy is too soon upon you, and you a lamb to its wrathful grasp.

Why do they stand there, her cousin and the stranger they do not know- why is he in her grasp, calling her lovely and touching her skin, finding a closeness that somehow the child has never known for another of her kin? Fire flares a brilliant glow in her tender breast, unexpected emotion welling from a darkness she has been comfortable with until now; the shadow at her heels has his hackles raised, silver fangs bared in the midnight haze, and she steps forward without attempt to hide, seething silent behind a gold-slashed gaze.

"Why?" she asks again, childish voice a soft threat in the night. She wants to say more, so much more- to call to her cousin to take heed, to demand of the youth that he not make this, this poison from the flowers of her only home; but the only word she can produce is a loaded why. Black eyes shift from the boy to Amaris; her cousin must know, must ask the questions she cannot- she is family so she must understand, just as the child's mother understands the wordless language with which she speaks. Natraj whimpers at the older filly, adding to the plea of his dancing mate. Poison must be bad. Can't you hear it?

And another question, one she does not know how to ask of herself: Why do you understand him, but not me, when we are family and you are mine?
Image Credits

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

It was a gentle, but surprisingly intimate caress and ensuing embrace, one that I found curiously comfortable in giving and receiving, once the initial surprise at his reciprocation wore off. I smiled into the part of his nape that I touched, happy with the intimacy I usually only shared with my sibling, or my spirit-friends, or other relatives. He pulled away from me, and I could tell it was not from disgust, but simply happy acceptance that the embrace was over - I almost missed it as much as I missed Daryth whenever he disappeared. It was then the colt spoke, and I could not help my expression as it dropped from polite, happy interest, to slightly less polite, slightly more dubious interest. The first question that sprung to mind seemed to ricochet about my head, and even in the forest around me - Why? - it asked, and it wasn't until I turned my tiara to view my beloved cousin that a smile softened my lips once more.

Naturally I welcomed her by my side, with her dark little companion contrasting so brilliantly against her crimson hide. I carefully unfold a wing so as to rest it across her withers - she is only a month or so behind me in age, but the inches added to my withers have been favourable to me so far, I easily embrace her with one leathery wing. I nod as she speaks her question again, and my attention drifts back to the silver one, the same question gleaming behind my eyes. What is poison, Daryth? I had some idea, but I wanted to be sure before I judged the boy for his request. Poison can bring harm and death to any who might consume it. The dark smudge of a spirit replied directly to my mind, and I was left wondering why someone would wish for such a destructive and cruel gift. Taking several more moments to gather my thoughts, I summoned my voice to exist once more, and speak further to clarify his request.

"Why should you wish to make poisons? To hurt others? To watch them die?"
I like being tagged!

mesec</style>

The expression that befell the filly's face sent my heart thrumming in worry. Now that I had revealed my motives behind gathering this flower, amongst other items, would I be cast away and told to search elsewhere? I wasn't sure what hurt more to think about; the refusal of help from the beautiful hybrid, or the thought of being denied entry into my Mother's own lands, my birth place.

But before Amaris had the chance to voice whatever it was she was thinking, she was cut off by a voice that I was not familiar with. Lifting my head, my eyes searched for the culprit of interruption, finding it quickly in the form of a little golden body making its way towards us. Her voice, while soft, was like the very poison I sought; dangerous. At her heels was a curious thing, fox-like in appearance but with three tails trailing behind him. I nearly cringed at the sight of raised hackles. Although I knew he could not cause me much harm, I felt uncomfortable for having caused such a reaction in these two. "Hello," I spoke up with the same gentle tones in which I had addressed Amaris, before I tuned in to the scaly filly as she began to speak.

Their questions were to be expected. Even I, at first, had been apprehensive about pursuing this line of magic. Father had mastered the art of both poison and healing, and he was renown throughout Helovia and in the Basin, working as their beloved Time Mender. There was Mother, too, who had seemed so happy to hear my decisions. I longed to make her happy, and if I could fill the void of disappointment in Father's heart that I had surely left, then I was happy, too.

"Forgive me if this sounds a little farfetched," I began, peering into the depths of each of the fillies eyes before continuing. I only hoped that they would believe me, and not think me some twisted monster of the night who only wished to watch others die at his feet. While the magic I had requested was surely capable of achieving such dark deeds, in hindsight, it could do so much more. "Poison has a variety of uses; of course there is the obvious, in which it could end somebody's life. Yet it could also cause temporary paralysis, which could be useful for say, somebody who is stronger than you are, who is trying to hurt you or your family. You wouldn't kill them, but you would render them incapable of harming anybody for some time."

For a moment I paused, looking once at the smaller flaxen filly, whose name was unknown to me, and then to the scaly, winged Amaris. Would they understand my thinking? Or think me mad? "But," I went on before they could jump to any of the conclusions my mind was so worried to hear, "I have also heard that it can do a body good, in very small doses."

Credits

I listened to him speak, I gave him his chance to answer my question, though I trusted the information Daryth gave me much more than what he spoke of. I could not comprehend the usefulness of wanting to cause someone such harm, but then, I had never needed to defend myself either. Was making poisons so different to being able to breath fire, like my father, sister and mother? Was it so different to me, asking Daryth to warm the scene by exuding his powerful fiery breath? Was it so different to me turning the sharp side of my scythed tail upon one who might cause me harm, and disabling them from hurting me before I even knew for sure that that was what they intended on doing? Surely the difference was in that knowledge, in the assurance that you knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that one soul meant you harm, and that you could make the decision to attack them after that. Did he have such control over such a skill as crafting poisons?

"I… am not sure, Mesec." I speak softly, honestly, taking my time to think and chew over the potentials of this conversation. Even if I did not allow him passage, what was there to truly stop him from simply waltzing past me? Did I have the ability to use the weapons I had at my disposal against one I inherently admired? I looked to Tandavi, my cousin, and her bonded, Natraj, unable to gain much of anything from them. Then, I had a thought. If I could ensure he never used such wicked magic against those I cared about... "Do you promise to never use this against me, or my family? Do you promise to use them to help us if we ask it of you, in the future?" The questions tumbled from my mouth before I had even finished collecting my thoughts, so eager was I to know his response. I was hopeful in my questions, hopeful that he would say yes, for I sorely did want to help him, to allow him entrance in lands that hummed along to his very existence, to spend more time with him, to learn and discover these amazing things with him. Please, Goddess of the Night, allow your son to speak the answer that would sing in tune with my young soul.
I like being tagged!

mesec</style>

"I am not sure, Mesec."

Those words caused my heart to lurch.

I had done my best to explain the reasoning behind my choice in magic. While poison was widely known as an evil, deadly thing - which I had to agree with most of the time - there were also good points to it as well. Yes, it could render an enemy helpless, or even dead. But as I had just explained moments ago, it had other useful qualities if used correctly.

It was true that there really was nothing stopping me from just pushing past the younger, still smaller fillies standing before me; but I would not do it, no matter how strongly I wished to step foot into my birth land, the land of my Mother, once again. Though I was barely a yearling, I felt aged beyond that simple year, having already faced so many demons since my birth. Flighty at times and not the best with my words yet, but level headed and patient, or so I liked to believe; and I was wiser than to go waltzing into a herd that was not my own, surely losing my head in the process.

Before my nerves could get the best of me, I took in a deep breath to calm them and awaited the champagne filly's answer, dreading the rejection that already seemed so obvious in my eyes. Quietly I watched as the draconic youngster turned her head to the other filly and the multi-tailed fox, as if looking for some sort of opinion. There was none given from either, however, and only a moment later did Amaris turn her head back to me and speak. I braced myself for what was to be said.

Much to my surprise, however, I was not immediately cast away and declined the favor I had asked. Instead, I was met with a proposition; to promise never to use the magic I would one day be gifted with against the World's Edge. It was simple enough, and as I held no qualms against them(even if they had taken this land from my racist family - good for them, I say), but by no means would I blurt out my willingness to say 'yes' so quickly. I needed to think it all out. Though I had my doubts that the World's Edge and the Foothills would ever be at one another's throats, what if they did clash? Would they still be expecting me to uphold my promise, when I most certainly would not use such magic on my newfound family?

Gazing into the depths of the filly's golden irises, I cast her a friendly, reassuring look. "I promise never to bring harm to any of the World's Edge, so long as none is brought to my family in the Foothills. If my assistance is ever needed in any way, I would be more than happy to aid you or whoever may need it, Amaris."

Credits

I study him.

Daryth croons upon my back, and within my heart and soul he speaks words of comfort, and sends over soothing colours and emotions. As I listen to his whispers of sweet nothings which do nothing but settle my unsettled mind, I tilt my svelte ears towards the sound of this young stallion's voice. My eyes are already upon his own, and as my dark little companion constructed from the light of a dragon's fallen soul soothes me, so too does the honest earnest that I observe within Mesec's very gaze. My expression of judgement softens, and a small but true smile curves my lips once more, as I relish once again in the notion that I am standing before the equivalent of royalty, a direct descendant from the Goddess who has blessed these lands as a safe residence for those found worthy to reside here.

"Well, unless the Foothills struck first, I don't see why the Edge would ever do that." The innocence of youth easily coloured her tones, as she summed up what she thought was a fair assessment of the political situation that existed across the lands. Her family would never seek to cause harm to others unless they had originally harmed them - right?

"And I don't think I should need it, but I guess you never know? Thank you Mesec... Now, let's go searching!" The young belle swing her tail to and fro excitedly, bouncing forward on dainty hooves as she moved to bump her suede textured muzzle against his own playfully, before bowing her tiara and curving her bodice away from him. A song, part equine and part dragon, exited her muzzle, as she invited her cousin to come along with the adventurous dance through their homeland. With the mysterious glow that afflicted the handsome young colt, the flicka felt as if she were dancing with the Moon herself - and perhaps, in a way, she was - and the thought thrilled her.

[ ooc :: ahahaaa.. random POV change half way through :| Sorry about that. ]
I like being tagged!

mesec</style>

Amaris' gaze softened, and I found myself exhaling a gentle sigh of relief.

Even her smile alone is comforting to see, for I had been so terribly worried that I would be denied the entrance I needed to step foot into Mother's own land. Of course, nobody was to stop me should I allow the darkness itself to take over my form and take me wherever I pleased, but despite my upbringing, I wasn't like that. I would enter these lands like anybody else should, asking graciously for acceptance and explaining myself before anything else. Whether I was the son of a deity or not, I would respect the mortal laws of this land.

As the little filly spoke again, insisting that the Edge would never strike the Foothills unless the latter struck first, I cocked an ear to the side in thought. I knew that the land I called home had been won in an invasion, and that the Grey were made mostly up by a bunch of mercenaries, selling their services for whatever price they deemed reasonable. I wasn't sure I would ever join this aspect of the Foothills, for what if somebody did bring an offering to the Grey, requesting that they attack a home of friends or family..? The thought caused my stomach to churn, and I hoped with all that I was that such a thing would never happen.

Remembering the dragon-girl's presence before me when she spoke next, I curled my ears forward and was quite elated when she declared our searching had begun. Stepping forward into a springy trot, nearly matching her own bouncing gait, I couldn't help the grin that stretched across my face at feeling her muzzle against my own. Curling my lips back, I lipped in retaliation to her actions, but there was no intent behind it other than play. It was a stark contrast to our previous conversation of poisoning others and speaking of alliances, but we were young, and we must act it every so often. As for childhood, I didn't have much left of my own, so I embraced this opportunity like no other.

The filly curled away from me then, breaking into a song both familiar and foreign to my ears. It was haunting and it was beautiful, soothing to the soul to hear on such a night as this. Throwing my head up, I joined in her dance, hoping that her previously angered cousin and her canine friend could find it in themselves to join us as we carried ourselves further into the World's Edge. I was excited to see the land I had been born into once again, an old home that was still, in a way, mine, but tonight I was a guest to the new hosts.

I supposed, after meeting Amaris, I wouldn't even really care if our searching was successful or not. I was happy to break out of the norm, to simply enjoy myself while I was able.

"Speak."

Credits

He embraced the opportunity given to him, and for that, I liked him all the more. He was full of life, of power, I wondered just why he sought more of it. He did not come across as a greedy type, one to hoard power just for the sake of it. I was born with power, with magic, and as Daryth flew above us, singing a playful tune, giving me tips and hints on where we might search for this midnight flower, I was reminded about that power constantly. It thrived within me, summoned by the fire that existed within my very soul. As he glowed with the moonlight, I could only imagine what powers were still untapped within him, what potential he was yet to reach - I wanted to be there when he realised it, I wanted to see it, to experience it myself.

We travelled swiftly, me swift with my knowledge of the lands, he swift with the length of his legs. The scythe on my tail was cloaked with the growing hair that ran down its elongated length, as it swayed with each stride I took. Daryth was in the skies above, his dark form blending easily with the shadows created by the late hour, his mind warm and very real against my own. He tells me of a moonflower, one that only awakens during the midnight hour, one that is pale like the moon's surface - could this be the flower my newest friend seeks?

"We'll follow the stream, it'll lead us to a glen, where many flowers bloom." I tilt my crown in the direction we then take, my limbs stretching into a trot, as I carve a path towards the small stream that runs through our home. It still runs despite the winter that has settled over us, though it is smaller with the lack of rainfall - and increase of snowfall. I do not go directly to its side, but rather, a few horselengths beyond it, so that we would still need to weave amongst the trees, to navigate the mists. I had little doubt that he would struggle with this like other newcomers normally would - he was a child of the Moon, born of these lands, these very mists surely existed within his blood, his breath, his heartbeat.

When we reach the glen, I do not pause my steps, instead I drop my tiara and scour the ground before me, just as Daryth continues his flight about us, swallowed and birthed from the mists repeatedly. I could feel the mystery of this location pressing against me, and finally I paused in my step to look at Mesec squarely again. I had led him here, and I hoped to help him, but there was little I could do if the mists continued to shield what it was we searched for from view. "I don't know where else we might look." I say to him, unsure as to what else I could offer him. Don't forget, flowers grow in trees too. Daryth's voice croons within me, as I peer up to his shadowy figure, wondering just what could be hidden up there, in the branches that were cloaked with the darkness the Lady Luna had crafted these lands with.
I like being tagged!

mesec</style>

Beneath the cover of my Mother's own precious light, we danced. Side by side we were, covering ground with lengthy strides despite our youth, twisting and turning through the trees as they became thicker and thicker. For once, my mind wasn't swamped with ill thoughts of my past nor worries when past actions would come back to haunt me. Tonight, I could embrace what innocence was left of me and be the yearling that I truly was. A great weight had been lifted from my shoulders upon entering the World's Edge and meeting up with this golden filly, who seemed so eager to become my friend. Though in all honesty, I was certain I was the most eager.

Unlike the gentle rolling hills of the Foothills, of which it was obviously named after, the World's Edge was painstakingly different. Trees littered the landscape and offered a new sight with every twist and turn taken, and I found myself growing excited to take in all that I could of my birth land. I was thankful to have Amaris at my side, who seemed to know the misty lands like she had already been here for years. Because only heavens know that I would be the fool to get turned around and lost in this otherwise unknown land.

The sound of Amaris' voice caused a twitch of my ear as I listened to her, giving a nod of my head as I carried myself into a quicker pace, eager to stay close to her as she headed towards the stream of which she spoke. When we reached it, I kept to the filly's side, admiring the gentle flowing stream that snaked throughout the land. Eventually we slowed, my draconic companion dropping her head to the ground before finally coming to a stop, to which I followed in suit.

I hummed beneath my breath as I thought, looking around our immediate vicinity. Had I been thinking, I would have asked Mother just what this flower looked like, but telling me such a thing would have only made it easier for me. Exhaling a steady breath, I stepped forward a couple paces, looking to the left, right, down, up; wherever a flower might be growing, but nothing seemed to jump out and scream at me. "I don't know what they look like," I admitted with a brief frown, "But I bet their scent is exquisite, just like the Moon." For a moment I grew quiet, pondering the possible location of such a flower before something came to mind.

"What about within the trees?" I questioned, gauging the champagne's reaction to see what she might think of the idea, "I mean... Up there, they could get all the moonlight that they wanted." With that, I pulled my wings from their warm place at my sides, stretching them out yet reamaining on the ground still. Looking at Amaris with a gentle smile pulling at my features, I spoke. "Would you like to join me in finding out?"

"Speak."

Credits

"But I bet their scent is exquisite, just like the Moon." I listened to his words, and immediately began to wonder just what the Moon could smell like. I thought of mother, of her interactions with the Goddess herself, even of the mysterious Hellena, and wondered if I should ask them. Then I realised, once again, just who I was standing beside. The son of the Moon. It was subtle, the way I then tested the air with my nostrils, allowing his scent to roll through my senses. There was a masculine youthfulness to him, that mingled with a strange ancient, everlasting sensation. He smelled as mystical as he looked, silver, glowy, simply; magnificent. I was almost overcome once again with my admiration for him, as I took a few seconds to simply appreciate his presence once more. He was the epitome of what my mother spoke about, of the balance, the perfect mix of each of the species that dominated Helovia.

He mentions trees then, and I recall what Daryth had just said to me. Peering upwards, I smile as he spread his wings and invited me to follow him. The dark smudge of a dragon darted amongst the trees above us, barely visible, cooing a soft song as he did so. His emotions were pure, happy, and so I found myself enjoying the situation all the more. I spread my own leathery wings then, and using my long tail as a counter balance, I took a few leaping strides forward, and alighted into the skies. I was not the best flier, not yet anyway, but I could at least fly through the break in the trees above to view the canopy from the air. Hovering took a great amount of energy and fitness that I didn't quite have yet, so I navigated my petite frame to a broad branch to perch upon for now. Holding my wings out sideways at odd angles to help myself balance, I laughed a light, carefree laugh, giddy with the late hour of the evening, and the fact that I was spending it with a stranger, looking for a flower. A moon flower.

Daryth appeared in front of me, excitedly chittering, his emotions all awhirl inside me. "I think you were right, Mesec!" I call excitedly, as a glint of silver catches my eye in the treetops. I wander to the thinner reaches of the branch that I stand on, my tail wrapping around the bough as my wings leaned against neighbouring branches to keep me steady. My golden gaze looks ahead, my nape craning around corners that leaves create, and I spy a beautiful flower that seemed to glow in the moonlight. Excited, I shiver on the spot, hoping Mesec would confirm swiftly whether this was what he was looking for.

[ ooc :: sorry for the wait love <3 ]
I like being tagged!