the Rift

[OPEN] Siren Song of the Counter Culture

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

The expression that befell the filly's face sent my heart thrumming in worry. Now that I had revealed my motives behind gathering this flower, amongst other items, would I be cast away and told to search elsewhere? I wasn't sure what hurt more to think about; the refusal of help from the beautiful hybrid, or the thought of being denied entry into my Mother's own lands, my birth place.

But before Amaris had the chance to voice whatever it was she was thinking, she was cut off by a voice that I was not familiar with. Lifting my head, my eyes searched for the culprit of interruption, finding it quickly in the form of a little golden body making its way towards us. Her voice, while soft, was like the very poison I sought; dangerous. At her heels was a curious thing, fox-like in appearance but with three tails trailing behind him. I nearly cringed at the sight of raised hackles. Although I knew he could not cause me much harm, I felt uncomfortable for having caused such a reaction in these two. "Hello," I spoke up with the same gentle tones in which I had addressed Amaris, before I tuned in to the scaly filly as she began to speak.

Their questions were to be expected. Even I, at first, had been apprehensive about pursuing this line of magic. Father had mastered the art of both poison and healing, and he was renown throughout Helovia and in the Basin, working as their beloved Time Mender. There was Mother, too, who had seemed so happy to hear my decisions. I longed to make her happy, and if I could fill the void of disappointment in Father's heart that I had surely left, then I was happy, too.

"Forgive me if this sounds a little farfetched," I began, peering into the depths of each of the fillies eyes before continuing. I only hoped that they would believe me, and not think me some twisted monster of the night who only wished to watch others die at his feet. While the magic I had requested was surely capable of achieving such dark deeds, in hindsight, it could do so much more. "Poison has a variety of uses; of course there is the obvious, in which it could end somebody's life. Yet it could also cause temporary paralysis, which could be useful for say, somebody who is stronger than you are, who is trying to hurt you or your family. You wouldn't kill them, but you would render them incapable of harming anybody for some time."

For a moment I paused, looking once at the smaller flaxen filly, whose name was unknown to me, and then to the scaly, winged Amaris. Would they understand my thinking? Or think me mad? "But," I went on before they could jump to any of the conclusions my mind was so worried to hear, "I have also heard that it can do a body good, in very small doses."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM