Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

"I am not sure, Mesec."

Those words caused my heart to lurch.

I had done my best to explain the reasoning behind my choice in magic. While poison was widely known as an evil, deadly thing - which I had to agree with most of the time - there were also good points to it as well. Yes, it could render an enemy helpless, or even dead. But as I had just explained moments ago, it had other useful qualities if used correctly.

It was true that there really was nothing stopping me from just pushing past the younger, still smaller fillies standing before me; but I would not do it, no matter how strongly I wished to step foot into my birth land, the land of my Mother, once again. Though I was barely a yearling, I felt aged beyond that simple year, having already faced so many demons since my birth. Flighty at times and not the best with my words yet, but level headed and patient, or so I liked to believe; and I was wiser than to go waltzing into a herd that was not my own, surely losing my head in the process.

Before my nerves could get the best of me, I took in a deep breath to calm them and awaited the champagne filly's answer, dreading the rejection that already seemed so obvious in my eyes. Quietly I watched as the draconic youngster turned her head to the other filly and the multi-tailed fox, as if looking for some sort of opinion. There was none given from either, however, and only a moment later did Amaris turn her head back to me and speak. I braced myself for what was to be said.

Much to my surprise, however, I was not immediately cast away and declined the favor I had asked. Instead, I was met with a proposition; to promise never to use the magic I would one day be gifted with against the World's Edge. It was simple enough, and as I held no qualms against them(even if they had taken this land from my racist family - good for them, I say), but by no means would I blurt out my willingness to say 'yes' so quickly. I needed to think it all out. Though I had my doubts that the World's Edge and the Foothills would ever be at one another's throats, what if they did clash? Would they still be expecting me to uphold my promise, when I most certainly would not use such magic on my newfound family?

Gazing into the depths of the filly's golden irises, I cast her a friendly, reassuring look. "I promise never to bring harm to any of the World's Edge, so long as none is brought to my family in the Foothills. If my assistance is ever needed in any way, I would be more than happy to aid you or whoever may need it, Amaris."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM