the Rift

[OPEN] Siren Song of the Counter Culture

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Amaris' gaze softened, and I found myself exhaling a gentle sigh of relief.

Even her smile alone is comforting to see, for I had been so terribly worried that I would be denied the entrance I needed to step foot into Mother's own land. Of course, nobody was to stop me should I allow the darkness itself to take over my form and take me wherever I pleased, but despite my upbringing, I wasn't like that. I would enter these lands like anybody else should, asking graciously for acceptance and explaining myself before anything else. Whether I was the son of a deity or not, I would respect the mortal laws of this land.

As the little filly spoke again, insisting that the Edge would never strike the Foothills unless the latter struck first, I cocked an ear to the side in thought. I knew that the land I called home had been won in an invasion, and that the Grey were made mostly up by a bunch of mercenaries, selling their services for whatever price they deemed reasonable. I wasn't sure I would ever join this aspect of the Foothills, for what if somebody did bring an offering to the Grey, requesting that they attack a home of friends or family..? The thought caused my stomach to churn, and I hoped with all that I was that such a thing would never happen.

Remembering the dragon-girl's presence before me when she spoke next, I curled my ears forward and was quite elated when she declared our searching had begun. Stepping forward into a springy trot, nearly matching her own bouncing gait, I couldn't help the grin that stretched across my face at feeling her muzzle against my own. Curling my lips back, I lipped in retaliation to her actions, but there was no intent behind it other than play. It was a stark contrast to our previous conversation of poisoning others and speaking of alliances, but we were young, and we must act it every so often. As for childhood, I didn't have much left of my own, so I embraced this opportunity like no other.

The filly curled away from me then, breaking into a song both familiar and foreign to my ears. It was haunting and it was beautiful, soothing to the soul to hear on such a night as this. Throwing my head up, I joined in her dance, hoping that her previously angered cousin and her canine friend could find it in themselves to join us as we carried ourselves further into the World's Edge. I was excited to see the land I had been born into once again, an old home that was still, in a way, mine, but tonight I was a guest to the new hosts.

I supposed, after meeting Amaris, I wouldn't even really care if our searching was successful or not. I was happy to break out of the norm, to simply enjoy myself while I was able.

"Speak."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM