the Rift

[OPEN] Siren Song of the Counter Culture

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
He embraced the opportunity given to him, and for that, I liked him all the more. He was full of life, of power, I wondered just why he sought more of it. He did not come across as a greedy type, one to hoard power just for the sake of it. I was born with power, with magic, and as Daryth flew above us, singing a playful tune, giving me tips and hints on where we might search for this midnight flower, I was reminded about that power constantly. It thrived within me, summoned by the fire that existed within my very soul. As he glowed with the moonlight, I could only imagine what powers were still untapped within him, what potential he was yet to reach - I wanted to be there when he realised it, I wanted to see it, to experience it myself.

We travelled swiftly, me swift with my knowledge of the lands, he swift with the length of his legs. The scythe on my tail was cloaked with the growing hair that ran down its elongated length, as it swayed with each stride I took. Daryth was in the skies above, his dark form blending easily with the shadows created by the late hour, his mind warm and very real against my own. He tells me of a moonflower, one that only awakens during the midnight hour, one that is pale like the moon's surface - could this be the flower my newest friend seeks?

"We'll follow the stream, it'll lead us to a glen, where many flowers bloom." I tilt my crown in the direction we then take, my limbs stretching into a trot, as I carve a path towards the small stream that runs through our home. It still runs despite the winter that has settled over us, though it is smaller with the lack of rainfall - and increase of snowfall. I do not go directly to its side, but rather, a few horselengths beyond it, so that we would still need to weave amongst the trees, to navigate the mists. I had little doubt that he would struggle with this like other newcomers normally would - he was a child of the Moon, born of these lands, these very mists surely existed within his blood, his breath, his heartbeat.

When we reach the glen, I do not pause my steps, instead I drop my tiara and scour the ground before me, just as Daryth continues his flight about us, swallowed and birthed from the mists repeatedly. I could feel the mystery of this location pressing against me, and finally I paused in my step to look at Mesec squarely again. I had led him here, and I hoped to help him, but there was little I could do if the mists continued to shield what it was we searched for from view. "I don't know where else we might look." I say to him, unsure as to what else I could offer him. Don't forget, flowers grow in trees too. Daryth's voice croons within me, as I peer up to his shadowy figure, wondering just what could be hidden up there, in the branches that were cloaked with the darkness the Lady Luna had crafted these lands with.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 07-06-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 07-28-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 07-29-2013, 04:48 PM