the Rift

A Dance to Remember [moved]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The sister of the shadow mare caused much amusement to bubble up within Mirage’s core, though she was addled with pheromones, she could see the over-protective streak that seemed to be present in all her siblings shine through. Had Mirage been any more coherent, she might have taken offence at the insinuation that she could not look after herself – she had managed to through all her years alone, had she not? But years of loneliness drove one to appreciate the time spent in the company of one’s you enjoy, so any thoughts of offence were forgotten before they even arrived. The cheek that her sister spouted so easily from her venomous tongue always surprised Mirage, who was far more subtle in her ways of insulting and playing games. Both methods were effective in obtaining responses of course, and when both methods were used simultaneously – chaos, I’m sure you could imagine, resulted.

The sharp bite upon her shoulder snapped the dark mare back to attention. Flicking an ear back she curled a lip, as if threatening to return the love bite, but instead her façade fell blank shortly after that. Waves of pheromones still poured from her, but the moment was passing, distantly she could feel Akaith settling on a cliffside somewhere with her mate, probably curling up to rest in each other’s loving embrace even if only for a night. Slowly, normalcy ebbed within the mare, the world stopped spinning out of control around her, and everything became clearer. She realised then, just how much at risk she had placed herself, and just how close she was to falling for the instincts her hormones governed. Shivering on the spot, she did her best to build her defences up again, and restore the mysterious cloud of silent indifference about her. Feelings still ran wild within her, and the realisation of her love for the stallions before her gave her much to think about – but she would do that later.

“A different kind of charm indeed.” She spoke now, referring to the speech her sister had given regarding their brothers. The volatile stallions had definitely entered the lands, she could feel their presence just as she felt Rishima’s, and how she longed to see them. Mirage had spoken of family ties to Torasin, but indeed no details were ever given. She gave only what she felt necessary at the time. “Madyrn and Maskan, can you feel them sister?” Again her accented vocals danced upon the air, and she looked warmly to her sister, knowing her sibling would indeed have felt the stirring of the cosmos that meant the siblings of Voraer and Anei were within the vicinity. Another shiver rattled her body.

“Friends, you need not explain why you came – I am glad you did.” Musical tones carried themselves to the stallions now, her amber eyes looking to them affectionately. Indeed, they were unsettled, both by her condition and the presence of her sister, how oblivious had she been before?! “It is I who owe you the apology for not making myself more scarce – the dance of Akaith’s rising is one I can rarely ignore the call of.” Knowing her sister would think her foolish for making such a statement, Mirage pre-emptively slashed her whipchords of coal across her hocks, willing her sister to be silent for just a moment more. Never will that dance have a partner if my siblings refuse to believe my aptitude for befriending only the worthy. Mirage was a very capable mare, but even the most capable being cannot reproduce on one’s own. It was not a pressing desire within her, one that became more apparent when the seasons aligned of course, but it was there, however small. Their parents had found their balance within each other, and had in turn created her and her siblings out of a loving union – was it not their right to do the same?

“My siblings are only as harmless as I am.” She informed the stallions, a devious glint in her eye, a smirk upon her lips. Mirage was hardly harmless, she hoped the stallions understood. Harm could be caused in more ways than simple brute strength – she knew they would hear the underlying meaning of her words. Neither she nor her siblings were to be taken on face value alone. “And sister,” she turned her glittering amber eyes to the moonlit femme beside her, “I know you will come to like them both.” Tugging upon the pale mane of Rishima gently with her delicate velvet lips, she wished for the tensions created to ebb away, and for the evening to become one of relaxed conversations and bonding as opposed to the potential chaos that could have stirred.

Messages In This Thread
A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-03-2012, 05:11 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-04-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Vikram - 06-09-2012, 02:23 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Torasin - 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Rishima - 06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 06:38 AM