the Rift

A Dance to Remember [moved]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Prying eyes picked at him, earning first a tilted ear and then a questioning glance. He then gazed cooly at this little mare who thought so much of herself and so little of he and Torasin. Her vague acknowledgement of his name, the odd comment that followed, pricked at his pride. He snorted sharply. "You do not know me, yet you judge me by others you have known. That is unfair and unkind of you, Lady, for I have not chosen to judge you by the way others have treated me. Merely I judge you for how you behave toward myself, your sister, and our friend. That should be plenty of a basis for you to judge either of us, your sister's friends, by." His low rumbling voice was calm, if reproachful. No cutting corners or dancing around the subject for him.

His gaze left her then, deliberately, though he listened to the words she offered Torasin in response to the inquiries he made. She spoke of brothers, which gave the great hybrid pause. This family was wider than he had expected. Then she gave her name, Rishima. It seemed to suit her.

But his attention was for Mirage now, ears twitching as he sensed the madness that had gripped her, had brushed against himself and their painted companion, was fading. It was reassuring, this returning to normalcy, and he too allowed himself to relax slowly. Rishima would never understand the dance he partook in every time he was around Mirage, the quieter interchange that marked every moment as he followed her lead, never taking liberties.

She spoke to her sister, giving names to the two brothers that the white-marked mare had mentioned, and Vikram wondered about this Madyrn, this Maskan. What were they like? Which sister did they take after more, or were they unique to themselves?

Her gaze settled on them then, himself and Torasin, and his ears tilted forward to catch each word. A wry smile quirked across his features then, and he inclined his head to his ebon lady. Acknowledgement, acceptance. He wondered if she knew that he'd never do anything she did not ask him to do. That he cared for her enough to put her wants and needs before his own. That he too would have acted as guardian for her if she merely asked. Perhaps Akaith knew. The gold was astute, and surely would understand that more draconian inclination to protect and defend the one he followed, though she may never be truly his.

What she said next earned a low chuckle and grin. He knew Mirage was not harmless. Knew that no kin of hers would be that much less than she was. Vikram's humor was restored by this interchange, and he glanced back to Rishima. "I'm not sure if I should be more concerned about you, or Akaith." A small joke, touching of his first experience with the queen who'd initiated this whole scenario. Perhaps Mirage would remember.

Messages In This Thread
A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-03-2012, 05:11 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-04-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Vikram - 06-09-2012, 02:23 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Torasin - 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Rishima - 06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 06:38 AM