the Rift

A Dance to Remember [moved]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
It would seem that, somehow, I managed to wound the pride of these stallions immensely, crushing their self esteem and stirring hostility within them. Their frustration both confused and irritated me; it seemed petty, and foolish. The dragon-stallion in particular was quite miffed, and while it still amused me to a degree, his talk of judgement had me quite taken aback. With no small amount of effort, I managed to keep my composure in the face of his words - not for his sake, mind, but because Mirage seemed fond of the beast. Still, an ear flicked back against my skull, a betrayal of my growing ire, and my dark eyes narrowed as I listened to his words. Clearly, he knew nothing of family, nothing of the love I held for my siblings, love that would send me flying at his face in an instant if I detected he held danger for my sister, despite inevitable defeat at his hooves.

"Your defensive anger betrays your ignorance, Vikram." My voice was low, almost a whisper, and no longer friendly. "You believe that my attitude towards you and Torasin is based on a false judgement of your character, but you are mistaken." My eyes slid to the painted stallion, wondering if perhaps he understood. Probably not. I returned my gaze to Vikram, shifting weight slightly. "On the contrary, Vikram, I have made no judgement of you or your friend; I will reserve that until later." Would this set him off again, I wondered? If it did, then I would be sorely disappointed in my sister's choice of friends.

I turned to look at Mirage, hoping she at least could understand my frustration. I could feel anger bubbling inside my chest, and I forced it down, but I knew that the fire could not be subdued forever. The antics of youngsters should not bother me this much, I knew, but the annoyance persisted. It was, to an extent, frustration at myself. I had lived alone for so long that my social skills... left something to be desired. But these stallions were being idiots, acting like colts denied too much milk...

Mirage's words brought me out of my thoughts, and I turned to her with a slight smile on my face. "Yes, I feel them. It is too long since we were all together." She would understand what was unsaid - that I longed to be reunited with them, the four of us together again. The stallions seemed thoughtful at the idea of our brothers, and I wanted to smirk. And you thought I was scary... It was almost enough to dampen the last of my anger. Mirage went on to talk to her adoring masses, her words about Aikath's call iliiting a snort from me. The stinging of a tail whipping my hocks prevented any snarky remarks, although I did let my own ivory locks lash out in rebuttal.

Now here is a chance to have some fun. Mirage, in a mischievous act that made me proud, commented on how 'harmless' the four of us were - and a fierce, feral grin spread across my face in response, my eyes flashing. "Yes," I purred, "We are quite... harmless." Then I laughed and lost the moment, for sweet little Prince Charming's remark was too earnest for me to ignore. The fall of the mask only lasted a second before I regained my composure, laugh lines smoothing and ears pricking in casual interest. "Likewise, Torasin," I replied genuinely, merriment still bright in my eyes. The stallion was still guarded, though, and it frustrated me too much. Damn it all. I would have to try and mend this.

A deep sigh escaped my lungs, forceful and calming. I needed to relax. I cast another look at Mirage, face still veiled, before turning back to the stallions. "You will have to forgive me," I began, voice deep and controlled. For all appearances and purposes, I had calmed down completely, and my frustration was gone. "It can be hard for me to... interact, with strangers. I have traveled alone for a long time." It was as much of an apology as they were going to get, so they'd damn well accept it. "I hope that you can understand why I was so abrasive. I found you following my unsuspecting little sister - and I did not care who you were, what your personality or history; all I cared was that you were interested in my sister. If you cared for anyone as I do her - and please, do not take this statement wrong. I am sure you have loved deeply, or will; it is abundantly clear that you both fawn over Mirage. But I watched her birth; I taught her about the world; and I have loved her since before either of you were given life. You two can clearly appreciate how... special, my sister is," I bit gently at her mane again, affectionate, warmth in my eyes. Then I turned back to the stallions, face hard and serious. "Mirage likes you, and I trust her judgement. But if you hurt her, I will not be the only one out for blood."

Hopefully my sister would not kill me for the speech. But they needed to understand, if I was to get anywhere with them. As far as I'm concerned, if equines could just see logic then most of the conflicts of the world would be resolved. But I have lived a long time. I was once headstrong and proud... I suppose, to an extent, I still am.

Messages In This Thread
A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-03-2012, 05:11 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-04-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Vikram - 06-09-2012, 02:23 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Torasin - 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Rishima - 06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: A Dance to Remember [moved] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 06:38 AM