the Rift

Stubborn Pride of a Fool...

Andash Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

andash</style>
the beautiful is always strange.</style>

The dying rays of the merciless sun cast a red glow over the new lands that he stepped on. With the grace of a fawn, his ice blue orbs scanned the Threshold as Andash came to terms with his scenery. This would be his home, for now. Flashbacks of what he had run from twisted his memory into a burning sensation of longing; he shook all thoughts from his young mind.

The pale grey outline of his slender body glowed in the sundown lights, his wings looking less than magnificent. The defected left wing made Andash appear as nothing more than a clown in the herd he had been raised. An outsider is all he had become. The cool breeze sent a shiver down his spine, flew through his long mane and ruffled his wing feathers. It gave little relief from the heat that still lingered from the hot sun.

With his head held high, as a fool would in a foreign country, the flightless bird took to investigating his surroundings a little more closely, taking little care in keeping himself hidden. Within moments, his idiocy had led someone, or something to him. He distinctly heard the rustle of the leaves from the nearby trees that could easily camouflage a creature. Bracing himself, the young stallion proceeded to hold his head high, his hooves firmly placed on the hard grass and his only good wing braced to haul himself at this potential foe. "Show yourself." He called out to the humid air.

"To be second is to be the first of the ones that lose."

image by seyed mostafa zamani @ flickr.com</style>

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

image by Joel Olives @ flickr.com</style>

Cassiopeia had been coming here more frequently as of late, lured by the prospect of meeting the constantly shoring souls that used this territory as a gateway into the vast reaches of Helovia. She enjoyed welcoming newcomers to the beautiful realm she had deigned her avowed home. The individuals who egressed from the outter expanses were hardly ever dull or uninteresting, each commonly sporting some sort of singular trait whether it be physical, or ethereal - as in, the occupation of magic.

As she moved across the terrain, the sunlight sifted down through the crevices in the canopies of the trees above, settling upon her silvery hide with a sleek, oily sheen. Sweat adhered to her coat, for despite the shade provided by the trees that towered many feet above her the air was thick and humid, seizing the world in a numb drone of stagnation. The roan dame stepped lightly across the foliage, head lowered to the earth as he searched for a cluster of grass suitable for grazing. One of her dished hooves had been placed upon a stray, feeble branch which had fissured with ease under the pressure of her weight. She paid it little heed, carrying on with her endeavors.

She abruptly hoisted her slender face at the assailing nature of a stallion's voice booming toward her. Radiant pools of topaz scanned the trees in search of where the stranger resided, her gaze cast upon nothing but the withering vegetation that encompassed her. Slowly, she moved in the direction in which the vocalism had originated, soon discovering an ashen tinctured bloke in a modest sized glade. A pegasus. She smiled. "Excuse me, brother. I hadn't meant to startle you." She continued at a steady clip toward the stallion, lustrous blue eyes clinched upon the frigid electric depths of the others all the while. She peered out at him behind a thin veil of silken strands, regarding him with nary a figment of animosity gracing her feminine visage.

She moved behind the stallion, watching him; observing him; studying him as she moved around his lean anatomy in a broad circle. In no way was she scrutinizing the brute and she evidenced little - if any - contrivations of flirtatiousness through her motions - she would never dream of deluding her lover in any such manner. She was simply intrigued by him, as she was with most of the individuals she encountered. It mattered little the misfortunate defect of his wing, for such a trait only added to the uniqueness of an individual. Still, her wings ruffled almost undetectably at the thought of not being able to utilize her wings; to be deprived of the exhilaration that was characteristic of flight.

She halted before him, dipping her head ever slightly as she gave him her salutations. "My name is Cassiopeia, Oracle of the Dragon's Throat herd. Welcome to Helovia."

Cassiopeia</style>

Let it break upon you, like a wave on the sand.

</style>

Unregistered

andash</style>

The refined, slender frame of a dame emerged from the foliage, a smaller creature than himself. Andash investigated quickly and thoroughly the individual, her contours were soft on the pools, her wings larger than life and accentuating her already characteristically unique features. As her daggers led her around him, he tensed slightly before relaxing back, keeping well to be on guard but sensing no threat from the wench.
As she spoke, her voice whistled softly to his ears, comforting him. Andash felt almost blessed to have come across a creature that did not discriminate ultimately on first impressions. Cassiopeia.

He thought back to the lands of old that he had not soon fled from, pondering on the memories that sent his head whirling. Andash regained his poise, feeling the hard earth underneath his daggers as he ground himself further into the ground, making an effort to seem capable of defending his defected self. "I am Andash, a newcomer to your lands. I come from a place not so different, far away. I am alone."

His leadened daggers began to sway his brawny pnhysique minutely from one side to the other, as his orbs scanned the reaction of the dame. Andash lowered his brauly, handsome crown to show he meant no harm to her elegance. The last thing he would want to do would be to show militant behaviour in the new lands he soon hoped to call home. That, and if this matron was tied down to a fellow sir such as himself, the consequences would be great. A defected creature would not stand a chance against a beast that could win the heart of such refinery.

"To be second is to be first of the ones that lose."

Hidden Account
Phantom

If it hadn't been for the fact that her heart had already been won over by a gallant young stallion months ago, perhaps she would have given him a chance. The keeper of her heart drove a hard bargain, for he was the father of her only daughter among other things, and never failed to astonish her with his chivalrous ways. Never would she even consider treating his heart so poor by showing any more than curiosity and cordiality.

Her mind did not wander to such junctures for but a moment before she swiftly thrust them aside. What a silly thought that would be.

She smiled as the potent narrative of his voice pierced the air, studying his anatomy restrainedly, not desiring to make him feel uncomfortable in her presence. He was strong, capable, but whether he possessed the finesse and heart of a warrior was yet to be seen, though she thought she might've seen something - a glimmer of spirit - in those piercing eyes of azure. She smiled with wispiness: an expression still lubricated in benignity even while it was less evident than before. "What brings you here, Andash, might I ask?"

She merely watched as he lowered his masculine face, seeming to unstrain his body from the figurative affliction of tenseness. A few brief moments slunk by, her leonine tail swaying thoughtfully behind her curvaceous bodice, before her legato voice was orchestrated once again. "Do you desire a herd to call your own - to protect?" Surely he possessed the capacity to become a warrior, but that was his decision to arrive at.

Cassiopeia</style>

</style>

Unregistered

andash</style>

The softness of the dame's orbs and voice sent Andash a message to immediately drop some barriers, but he continued to hold himself proudly as he had always done. His stature mattered, as it was all he possessed to outweigh the one thing that would diminish his chances of being seen as as a sir to look up to. Snorting, he swiftly moved closer to Cassiopeia, so as not to be heard in the distance. Cautiously, so as not to startle the dame, he took one step further before halting his ashen carcass. This was the borderline, he decided not to take anymore movements to action.

The elegant face adorned with sweet azure orbs scanned him curiously, waiting for a reply. It was some time before Andash could think of anything that would suffice. How can I explain, he thought to himself. Analysing the best way to explain himself without implying he was a coward, Andash cautiously began. "There is no life for me in the terrain I have crossed. My herd where I was raised did not accept me, for obvious reasons," he went about to emphasise he meant his deformed wing, shaking the bleached flowers. "I wish to make a life here, to live the life of a stallion."

His velvet ashen pelt welcomed with open arms the cool breeze that had become to set the temperature of the Threshold, he defocused his orbs for a second to enjoy that scarce moment of refreshment. It soon made him realise he needed a drink, the thirst that clung to him was getting hard to ignore.

"A herd? Yes, I do desire a herd. In time though; I do not feel I would be welcomed by even dames, being a stranger and all, nevermind stallions who I would have to challenge." Andash lingered on this thought for a few moments, shaking his crown to push aside the thought and bring his thirst ridden body back to the land of the living.

Hidden Account
Phantom

She heeded his words intently, topaz-tinged irises wandering to the stallion's faulty wing as he explained he was discriminated because such an unfortunate defect.

It was hardly something to criticize someone about. In fact, she almost pitied him because of it, though not condescendingly. "I'm sure you'll find that my herd is not so petty as to judge an individual merely by his physical impairment." She averred with truth, an edental smile blossoming along her charcoal kissers. I wish to live the life of a stallion. She laughed faintly, admiring his avidness. "You are free to make whatever life you wish, here. Helovia has much to offer." She thought briefly to the wrath of the God of the Sun; to Arathea when she explained to her the current plight they endured.

She considered making him aware, but decided a later time would be more suitable. And even if she wasn't presented with the chance to enlighten him, she was confident he would be told about the matter in time. With ears pricked she listened as he reacted to her inquiry about a herd. She could respect his wishes to remain an outcast for a while, but he was mistaken in his notions. Her herd had always been welcoming of new additions, and she was certain this stallion would be no different.

The Dragon's Throat was constantly acquiring new members and adding to their swiftly growing ranks. They always needed an extra set of wings to help safeguard their borders and defend those who existed within, but the ivory brute had chosen otherwise. "Very well." She began, the firmness of her suave vocalisms - although feminine and fluently articulated - never faltering. "If you would like, I could show you around some?" It was an idle act of kindness, nothing more and nothing less. She found Andash's companionship pleasant, though only as a comrade; a brother. It could never be much more than that.

Cassiopeia</style>

</style>

Unregistered

andash</style>

Andash couldn't hide a flicker of desire at the thought of being accepted. As he was listening, he felt a wave of friendliness overcome him, a relaxed sense of belonging in this land as Cassiopeia continued. His muscles rippled lightly underneath his ashen pelt at the thought of regaining a rank in a stable home. Perhaps not a stable environment; nowhere was ultimately safe, but a home nonetheless. "The opportunities you speak of sound most appealing. I would love nothing more than to belong in such a herd." he replied, his voice wavering slightly with excitement.

Underneath the good will, however, there was something he noticed in the dame's orbs'; there was something hidden, something that he was being kept from. He could sense this, and this in turn faultered him and cast doubts upon his mind, but Andash understood that perhaps it was only through kindness that the elegant duchess was keeping quiet. It's probably nothing.

The thoughts of following the dame into the wilderness, to become a part of her herd in the vast terra firma was as exhilarating as it was frightening. Being somber and dejected now before he had even give it a passing chance was something a fool would do, he flung his crown into the air in defiance of fright and soon found his reply, I would be honoured if you could show me your homeland, sweet duchess."

And with that, he picked up his daggers to dance lightly on the spot, the dying rays of light bouncing on his ashen pelt and casting glares from his piercing gaze. He waited intently for the miniscule mare to begin moving, for him to follow suit.

Hidden Account
Phantom

Something - perhaps the compelling nature of the roan dame's words - had caused the reluctant Andash to quickly change his mind. Unsuspecting, her lobed ears pricked forward atop the zenith of her head, pleased at the words she discerned as his baritone gently tickled her ears. She smiled once again as he announced his willingness to follow her. "The Dragon's Throat is south of here. I am sure Kri, my leader, will happily welcome you. This way." She motioned with her slender face in the direction of her herd land, initiating her svelte legs to convey her body onward.

Her gaze was fixed upon him as she moved past, awaiting his acknowledgement. She dipped her head before turning and heading south, toward the Dragon's Throat: home.

[ ooc ; I'll go ahead and make a thread in the Throat if you'd like. :D ]

Cassiopeia</style>

</style>

Unregistered

andash</style>

With the energy of a crazed yearling, Andash bounded to walk side-by-side with the dame, matching the strides made by her slender pillars. He held his crown aloft, his azure orbs keeping a watchful eye on the horizon. I'm making my life, he thought proudly to himself. A sense of bliss swelled up inside him as his pelt was moving swiftly but sure onwards to Dragon's Throat...

[ooc: Oooh yes please :D]