the Rift

[OPEN] A humble gift. (Earth God)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Gifts were often given to the Gods, and we (mortals) would sometimes receive things in return, though we called them ‘blessings’. More often than not though, the scale of giving vs. receiving was often off balance. I had never given anything tangible to my benevolent Father before—my ma had taught me as a small child to offer worship only dedicated to thanks as a daily present if I got the urge to travel every shiny piece of granite I found to His alter. She said, ‘Your heart is what our Lord will take notice of, not worthless artifacts.’ Advice that still rang with truth, and memorable lessons.

Yet, after having had my latest ability awaken—I felt that something more should be given back. So I created some of my first pieces to have ever been crafted. One of these pieces was shaped into something that would be considered almost like a thick anklet of sort. Its base is made of smooth gold, polished into a gloss by sand and sea water. The center is coated with a thin layer of soft iron and woven inside are carvings of a five petal flower, and bursting from the flower is a rearing stag (inspired from a rare encounter with a rather unique stag.)

I carried this self-made artifact to the veins, feeling my heart thrum a little faster beneath a weighted chest. His armored collar hung across my shoulders, still gleaming as if honed only yesterday. I went to great lengths in keeping the plates clean, smooth and absent tarnish. Eventually the path wore out, and the remains of His alter lay before me. Even in the cold, His flowers remained in bloom—a promise, a remembrance that we were not forgotten. His children would never be left alone.

Sand rose up, a slender tendril that sliced along my spine to curl under the metal bracelet. Gently I lifted it to his shrine, the gold shimmering faintly in the pale afternoon light. A dark cloud had pushed its way across heaven, it cloaked the sun and made the air feel cold. I hadn’t been back here for quite some time—though my prayers had remained constant. Head lowered in its revered manner, softly I whispered to the cool stone, “A humble gift for You.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]