the Rift

[PRIVATE] A million pieces of me, on the floor

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
It was all happening too fast. His mind screamed golden legs to move, to run away like his brown friend had told him to, but his heart thundered on. It froze his body movements and filled the stud with sickening alarm as he watched Mauja the Frostheart struggle against the burning flames. What had they done? Their fear had done this, their inability to dismiss the future and give this white man a second chance. This wasn't like Torasin or Kiba, to suddenly attack one undefended, the act was almost as bad as the one Mauja inflicted upon them all those years ago. Except they had trespassed and it made this seem almost worse. The golden boy began to take a few steps forward, green pools wide with unbearable guilt as the fire claimed the poor Lords shoulder and barrel. Maybe, just maybe, if he could get a little closer, the painted stallion might be able to heal him. Grey lips parted and the words "let me heal you" never came as suddenly the world seemed to spin.

The desire to right his own wrong had gone and all that was left now was a sense of deep sadness and the pain of a dying body. For the damn right unluckiness of his life had finally claimed his beating heart, unfortunately standing on an area where a hungry spike had rose from the ground and with deadly precision it sliced up past his left leg and through his chest. The stallion stood motionless, only one scream of pain piercing the dead wood when impact had come, his legs trembled and threatened to give way as his body furiously took the sun gods magic and tried to repair itself. Horse and dragon completely motionless, but they both knew, their time in this world had now come to an end. There would be no more trips to the beach to play in the sparkling waters, no more playing with his children and watching them grow. No more looking behind to see if Mirage was following and most of all, no more time to love. Small tears of regret fell down his golden cheeks that were marred with blood splattering as he felt the magic gifted to him ebb away. He had not the strength in his body to keep up the healing, the wound was fatal and the grip of claws on his rump faded. Kiba sighed sadly and connected his mind to Torasin's for the last time.

Goodbye for now my friend. I'll find you in the next life.

For the first time that day, Torasin smiled from end to end and finally gilded lids fell over green eyes, never to open again to see the light of day. Kiba tumbled forwards on his bonded's sunny back as the stallion's legs crumpled underneath him and his body fell limp to the ground. His heart had stopped, but not before he could utter two words. "I'm sorry" he said to Sakura and Takura. To Abel and Nym. To Solstice. To Mirage and to his misty family. To all the friends he had made. Last of all, to Mauja, for being weak enough to attack him out of fear and not being able to heal him in time. He was sorry for everything that never came to pass and wished fiercely for his children to live happy lives and for the herd to be safe.

It was in those fateful minutes of that snowy day, Torasin who considered himself just a simple gentleman and his brown excitable dragon Kiba, passed away in the dark depths of the forest they never really loved. A genuine smile on his motionless lips as he lay in a heap on the bloody woodland floor, dragon atop his upturned barrel and never to rise again. Surrounded by ice and fire. Their time had come and his spirit drifted into the air, back to the Worlds Edge, where he would remain to watch over his family wherever they went. The mark on his left thigh, a symbol for happiness, was marred in crimson splatters as no longer would his bright every joyous features light up the world as he slowly covered in snow.
sed-rah-stock | VivianTheHedgehog10

Messages In This Thread
A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Torasin - 06-02-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Torasin - 06-06-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Abel - 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM