the Rift

» touch of grey [earth god, apollo, open]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Frostfall was here.

The dark mare shivered, her expression grim and unhappy- not the usual look she had. Almost instantly snow coated the ground, the pale flakes causing her legs to become numb from the cold. Her wings are drawn in at her sides, feathers splayed as to cover as much as her exposed skin as possible. Her eyes are clouded as the coldness grips at her bodice, dampening her spirit.

This marked one year for her at Helovia.

A year.

She never imagined this is where she would be, or what she would be doing. Irrydae stands, eyes glazed over as she is lost in her thoughts. The waterfall had frozen. It was way too cold for the daughter of the stars. She relished in heat, not in cold. Her mind was scrambled and her demeanor sullen. Irrydae had decided not to go to the Threshold today. The cold made her unwilling to do anything but curl up in her shell and hide it out. But she had a herd to serve now, she was not working on only her own free will anymore. Not that that was a bad thing.

Irrydae snaps out of thought, golden eyes grazing the snowy landscape before her, pelt twitching slightly as fresh snow started to fall again and melt upon her back. Lids close briefly before she turns swiftly, kicking up snow in her wake as she canters, fingers of bitter wind brushing her hide. She slows as she reaches the cave at the base of the mountain, shaking her mane to rid it of the ice flakes.

Her hooves clack in the surreal silence that issues against the rock floor, eyes adjusting to the darkening surroundings. Her eyes brighten and her mood grows lighter as she reaches the pool, gems glittering in her eyes. "God of the Earth." She breaths, standing a few feet from the pool. "I am extremely sorry for my absence in Orangemoon. I have no excuses for it." The mare says truthfully, voice dropping slightly. Would she be punished? Revoked? A shudder ran through her, she would hate for that to happen, she had grown so fond of her pool. I am Irrydae, Storyteller of the Foothills. It felt so natural, easy to say on her lips.

"If you are still willing to answer my questions, I have two." Irry says softly, golden eyes watching the pool for any sign of the Earth God.

[ooc; (note for myself) she will be asking about assassins- if they're a threat and their plans. Also about the Grey's contract with the Basin for validity. ]
@[God of the Earth]
irrydae,
image credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Apollo honestly couldn't believe that it was Frostfall already. It marked his one year anniversary of being in Helovia, and all throughout that morning, the Earth Medic had done nothing except ponder both his failures and accomplishments of this last year. He had finally obtained the family that he had always wanted; the Grey provided him with support and love in the ways that he had never imagined, and they gave him an occupation that he truly enjoyed. Healing, helping, not causing harm or chaos. No longer did Apollo have to fight, and for that, his spirits were light.

In this last year, he had felt love like no other, but he had also felt sadness and pain that came with love. Fear, uncertainty, self-doubt, all of that came with the aspect of falling in love... But even more than that, he had made friends. Midas, for example; Apollo would give his life for the General of the Dragon's Throat in a heart-beat. Midas had proved to be an invaluable friend, someone who the overo would never be able to replace. Midas was more than a friend; he was a brother.

No matter his choices through this past year, however, Apollo regretted nothing. This was his life, his home, his family, and he would not throw that away so readily.

Standing in the falling snow, head turned upwards and his crystalline horn pointed towards the frosty heavens, Apollo's honey-brown eyes lingered upon the frozen branches of the naked trees around him. With each breath that he took, mist appeared on the exhale, but his attention was stolen by the silent, wooden statues around him. Frostfall, while beautiful in an eerie, frozen sort of way, filled the paint with a lingering, unsettling sadness. The trees had died, giving Apollo a sense of terrible loneliness. He still spoke to them, yes, and he knew that life would breathe into them again come Birdsong, but... For a season, the Earth Medic would truly be alone.

His attention was snapped elsewhere when the sound of hoofbeats in the snow snagged his ears, causing the digits to swivel sideways. Apollo turned his head, and he immediately spotted the Storyteller of the Foothills, disappearing into a dark cave. He recognized the structure, of course; the Pool of the Storyteller. It was where Irrydae would go and use her gifts to speak to the Earth God... The thought of his patron God filled the stallion with warmth which did wonders to ward off the cold around him, and almost hesitantly Apollo ventured forward. His steps were light, leaving hoof prints in the fallen snow, and as he approached the cave he did so with caution. After all, there was no way of knowing if he would even be welcome.

Stopping in front of the mouth of the cave, Apollo stretched his neck inside the inky darkness, eyes darting around to see Irrydae. Her voice then resonated through the cave, and despite it all, a chill swept through him. Was she beginning to summon the Earth God, then? "... Lady Irrydae?" He questioned, his voice soft and hesitant. "I... I'm sorry if I'm intruding, and you can tell me to go, but... I just..." He wanted to see the Earth God for himself, for he never had. Apollo had been gifted by the Earth God himself to carry the title of Earth Medic, and if anything, the stallion just wanted to thank his patron father for such a marvelous gift. "May I join you?"

[ooc: Awkward Apollo is awkward.]

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A movement brushes past the two, and stirs the leaves like some great vortex. The air is warm, despite the unseasonable chill. The forest hushes as the breezes abate, and yet the God does not appear.

Be patient storyteller.