the Rift

[PRIVATE] [COMPLETE] !! Every Night [Quilyan]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
we'll raise ourselves up, thanks for nothing at all, so up off the ground
Res's one ear pricked as ice rocks actually began to tumble down from the ceiling and in toward the center of her cave from the wall that had been created. And then, as she opens her eyes the sight of a living animal tumbling from the hole at the top of the wall startles her. Resplendence jolts to her feet, nearly tripping over her long tresses in the process. What was this creature?! And why on earth was it scurrying toward her. Instinctly she started to back away. But, as soon as she slammed her haunches into the wall she stopped and eyed the tiny creature. Lowering her head slightly before it scurried toward her face and stopped, chittering nervously as it looked up to her. Curiously, Res gave a tiny puff of air toward the creature, watching as all the fur blew back and then stood in it's normal spot. The ground, walls, ceiling all shaking. Instinctively, she closed her eyes and then began to sway from side to side, allowing the ground to choose her tempo. Left. Right. Left. Right. It would all be okay. It had to all be okay. Her eyes opened again and she gently nudged the tiny creature before her. Eyes focusing with care and panic as she breathes into it's stomach, ear twitching uncertainly.

And then the wall broke. Snow, rock, dust, everything came bursting in as she hears the sound of hooves landing and spinning against the icy floor. The pegasus freezing as he stars at her, golden orbs meeting violet ones. "I can die now, for I will die happy," he says and she tilts her head. "Wh-what?" she chokes out, voice harsh from the cold and lack of real conversation. She had been running and humming to herself for so long that she hadn't dare speak to another equine. She didn't want to come off as strange. She didn't want to come off as someone who deserved sympathy. She just wanted to feel safe. That was all, really.

The pegasus pulled his wings closer to his body and starts toward her, closing the distance in two strides. "My lady," he says as he swings his head over her nape and buries his maw in her tangled tresses. And, even though she responds with a quiet, "My knight" she still weasles her way out of the comforting hold and bolts a few strides away, hearing her name repeated a few time in a hushed whisper. Tears fill up in her eyes, and as she shivers from the cold and eyes the stag she has long since missed. And then, she does something she probably wouldn't have done had it been anyone else coming to rescue her with her fear of anything moving - she races back toward him and buries her head in his chest, tears rolling down her cheeks as he continues to bury his maw in her tresses and repeat her name a hundred times over. "Oh Quil! You're alive!" she chokes out. She no longer feels the cold. She no longer cares about the world around them. Another avalanche could lock them in there and she would yet to budge.

The reasoning? It's quite simple really.

She realized she wasn't alone...

557 words
SO CUTE LIKE URMAGAWD
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Quilyan - 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Resplendence - 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Quilyan - 06-07-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Resplendence - 06-07-2013, 09:40 PM