the Rift

[PRIVATE] [COMPLETE] !! Every Night [Quilyan]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
we'll raise ourselves up, thanks for nothing at all, so up off the ground
She buried her face in his chest. How long had it been since she'd even willingly touched another living breathing animal and not jumped away? Too long. The contact was a strange feeling. But, it was comforting all the same. Her eyes closed, listening to the beating of his heart as she allowed her cold body to be warmed up through his. His chest vibrating against her as he spoke, "Of course I'm alive, my lady, I'm alive and I have found you again."

A tiny smile curled the edges of her lips upwards as she shuffled a little closer. His warmth chasing her chill away. But, there was something wrong with how quickly she was being warmed up. One wasn't supposed to be this hot. And the sound of his heart. It was beating too fast. It couldn't have been from kicking down the wall. His body would have slowed down by now. She took in his scent and that's when her eyes shot open. She backed away for a second, the smell of rot invading her nares. "Quilyan." she spoke, her voice grabbing a little bit of a harsher edge. Golden orbs met his and they were brighter than usual. Or, at least what she could remember. Res's gaze trailed down across his body and to the one wing that couldn't quite snap as close to his frame as the other. Eyes widening she stumbled over her words for a second before standing up a little taller and opening her mouth to scold him. "Quilyan!" she repeated before continuing on with her scolding, "What is this?!" she demanded, her muzzle motioning toward his wounded wing. "Why did you not see a healer!?"

Panic settled into her tone rather quickly, she was shuffling her feet in both annoyance and stress. Emotions were flooding. Emotions she hadn't felt since... since she had watched her babies die and seen Ciro bleeding out on the ground. The blood spread across her eyes as she held back the tears. She would not cry. She would not cry! It was that simple. But, really, it wasn't. Images kept flashing. And the images changes continuously. Slowly Ciro morphed into Quil. Wings added first, then colour changes. And then, it was Quil bleeding out from his wing injury. Rapidly she shook her head and stumbled back a few steps. "You could have died!" her voice raising in volume, panic and pain settling in on her voice. The tears pooling over their dams and flooding down her cheeks. "You need to see a healer, Quil!" she added, her voice starting to choke up because of the emotion. She didn't want to be right net to him while she was having a complete emotional breakdown. She didn't want to anger him and have him retaliate. But. She couldn't just let this pass. "You can't die. You can't!" she pleaded before almost collapsing as she stepped on her own tail, nearly tripping herself. "I can't lose someone else I care for. I just can't." words along those lines continued to stumble from her mouth between blubbering as she took in a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself.

Her eyes locked on the little creature that had tumbled into the cave and chirped around her. She would focus on that. So that she did. The tiny creature scurrying up Quil's back and settling in it's little nest along his withers. That was something Ciro didn't have. And it was cute. Concentrate on that. And, when she finally managed to pull most of herself back together she realized the gravity of what she had just choked out of lungs. Her breath trembled before she burrowed her face back into his chest. She needed him to ignore the fact she had just told him she cared. It didn't matter that he, really, was all she had left in this world. She couldn't betray Ciro like that. It would go against everything.

Closing her eyes to stem the tears she felt his chest rumbling again, "I looked for you, Resplendence. I've spent weeks looking all over for you, and just when I gave up hope -" the vibrations halting suddenly as he choked on his own emotions. And then, he was wrapping himself around her in an embrace. Hugging her tightly and keeping her safe. But keeping her safe wouldn't heal him. "Gods, I'm so glad I found you." She sniffled once, taking in a short breath as she stayed there. "It's no excuse. You could have gone and gotten yourself healed. But no. You trekked on like an idiot." she muttered, stiffling a sob she allowed her cracked voice to speak one more time, "I'm still glad you found me, though. And that you're still alive at the moment."

She didn't know what she'd do without him...

833 words
urmagawd the feelssss
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Quilyan - 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Resplendence - 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Quilyan - 06-07-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Resplendence - 06-07-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: !! Every Night [Quilyan] - by Quilyan - 06-08-2013, 12:04 AM