the Rift

Falling In The Snow [Open]

Illuminati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ILLUMINATI

tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, it's all over now before it has begun

Illuminati found herself fixated on looking over the Pegasus mare, taking in every inch of the enormous wings that sprouted from the creature’s back, red markings decorating the inky black pelt. It was a spectacle the roan mare couldn’t determine if she should run from, perhaps tuck herself beneath a rock somewhere and hide, or perhaps treat it with the up most care and respect. The second option was probably the more logical.

Her slender limbs stepped out in front of her, shortening the distance between her and the other unicorn. Snow and debris under hoof crunched mildly, head lowered slightly it swayed; her hair cascading across her long slender neck. As the mares beside her spoke, the content Illuminati found herself engrossed in the tales they both had to tell, both claiming to have come upon the realm much like herself, stumbling, wandering, searching.

Chemical; a name to place to the black mare with the ebony feathers, the appaloosa found herself gazing at the crimson eyed mare. Curious as to what she might find lurking beyond the depths of what had been named the windows to the soul. Chemical was dark and mysterious; well-kept from Illuminati’s prying eyes as it seemed. Imagination set wild, she supposed they both had more than one story to tell; the investigation may have driven her mad if not for the questions that cut into her sleuthing thoughts.

“I do not,” She replied shortly, though searched for the right words to follow up with. Why was she here? To prove herself worthy of being a substance her mother should have been proud of creating. To prove to herself that she was more than an empty vessel useless to all and full of foolish ideas. Did she have intentions on staying in this enigmatic land? Certainly, if she found herself a home, perhaps she would.

The one whom deemed herself Chemical spoke of Assassins while the other spoke of ‘home’. That word- not home- but the other. Assassins. She’d heard it before, letting it roll across her tongue the mare tried to place the word with a definition. Deep in her vocabulary it was tucked far away, it turned out she had perhaps been right to want to stow herself from the Pegasus, for an Assassin was a danger indeed. She shuddered slightly, muscles rippling like quicksilver, though it may have been mistaken for a shiver caused by the cold air that nipped at her skin.

“I look for a place to call home,” Her words were smooth; “I look for a place where I may be valued. Where I may find use of my limited talents, though I desire to learn and have purpose, I wish not to be a burden. Would either of you happen to know where I can seek such a place?”
She looked between the two, awaiting her response, ears keenly perked. What talent though if nothing did she have? Perhaps she would need to endure her search beyond where the mares might offer to take her. It suddenly struck her the mental note she had put aside had been somewhat lost in a sea of possibilities that the new land brought.

“I have forgotten to introduce myself; I am Illuminati.”

Messages In This Thread
Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-06-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Faelene - 06-08-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-09-2013, 09:43 AM