the Rift

Falling In The Snow [Open]

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.

CIRCE

*"Unbearable like this weather?"*

Circe halted in her tracks, head suddenly perked upright, her ears gluing themselves to her poll for a brief moment—the voice was sudden and near, and the shadowmere had not heard anything approaching. Shadows indeed stroll about these woods, Circe though wryly as the guise of a shadow-pelted mare ambled her way to their group; the subtle ease of her demeanor suggested to Circe that she was not quite a newcomer in these parts—but then again, Circe could be mistaken. Nevertheless, she allowed the tension in her body to loosen some, but her senses were ever alert for any strange behavior from the new arrival.

*"Please don't let me interrupt, I'm merely stretching my legs and had to make sure I wasn't mad when I heard someone talking."*

“Duly noted,” Circe answered in a rather dry, yet entirely polite, tone; at that particular moment, the shadowmere didn’t care much to press the mare further to inquire her safety. If she needed information, she would ask of it, and Circe would answer.

Her eyes turned towards Chemical then, ears cocked and poised to catch the sudden venom that had entered her voice; it seemed as though the stranger’s appearance had aggravated her. Circe watched the black Pegasus depart with a faint ache of apprehension—her advice had been most sincere, even though she had been speaking with a known enemy. Chemical’s plight had turned into a personal interest for Circe, and as the night-pelted specter left their midst, Circe couldn’t help but hope that, somehow, the Pegasus wouldn’t find herself in the same trick-bag that Circe had been caught in.

*“Would you perhaps mind telling me what I may be of use doing in your Kingdoms, I do not wish to run into anything with no further goals. The Edge…It sounds quite incredible. And your own home, The Grey, they sound intriguing. And if I may, what purpose do you serve in your home, Circe?*

Circe listened with a patient ear and a gracious light in her eye; it had been some time since the sorceress had a reason to hold a conversation with another at great length. “It is no problem,” she said, giving her head a slight shake, “Informed decisions are wise steps indeed….However, I regret to say that I do not know much of the Edge; I’ve only traveled there once. I will tell you about my own home, though.” Her gaze floated over to the strange shadow mare that had wandered into their company, then snapped back to the ruby gaze of Illuminati. “In short, we are mercenaries. We fight when commissioned, lending our strength to those who pay the price of our hard-earned talents. I am of the elite tier of warriors, one of the firsts who go to the aid of our clients—but we are all expected to help fight for the defense of our borders.”

She paused, allowing her eyes to acquire a slightly gentler light. “We are not just frothing brutes, however. We have artisans and craftsmen; we have healers and wise-men and -women who roam our halls. I am sure you would find a place to fit within our society—but then again, that is for you to decide where you are most comfortable.” Her voice trailed away delicately, and once more she gave that interested sort of look towards Illuminati. The only change was that she also slid her steely blue eyes over the red-maned stranger as well, her benign glance calculating in its own way, contemplating the reason for her appearance—for it didn’t feel like mere chance that the mare had found herself here.

What is it you want? Circe wondered in the deepest corners of her mind.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-06-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Faelene - 06-08-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-09-2013, 09:43 AM