Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

It wasn't abnormal for there to be snow in the Basin. As the northernmost provence in Helovia, it was normal for there to be snow and cold winds... But this snow, Rhiannon had discovered, was colder and fell in far more dense of sheets than what she had seen in her few months of life. It was, what Crowley had explained, the season of Frostfall; when nearly all of Helovia was enveloped in winter's frozen chill. Some places would be more effected by others, she had discovered, but in the Basin, it was just another day. Still, despite the recent drop in temperature and the newly fallen snow, it didn't keep the young filly from playing.

Through the snow she frolicked, ebonite hooves kicking up the cold white powder with each twist and turn that her body made. She darted to and fro, charging through steep drifts of snow and hopping like a rabbit through the depth as not to get her lanky legs stuck. Heaven forbid if Crowley stumbled upon his daughter, stuck in the snow...

The thought caused the brindled youth to giggle and toss her head high, the thin layers of her mane flopping to and fro along the crest of her neck. The strands of her mane were growing out, but it would take some time until it was at a satisfactory length... Like Arah's. Rhiannon recalled the ivory beauty with fond affection, for she was kind and gentle, a true friend in the filly's eyes. That made two friends that Rhiannon had now; Arah and Talbot. And Crowley, of course, but he was required to be her friend because he was her father.

Still, back to playing. As the filly danced in the snow, front hooves kicking out at the air before her, the most peculiar sight caught hold of her dual-colored eyes. For a moment Nonnie wasn't sure what she was seeing... But then, as her front hooves landed in a puff of snow, she caught better sight of a foal. A dark colt, tearing through the frozen landscape as if the hounds of Hell were on his heels. Rhiannon paused, then chuckled. No, Talbot was at home.

Still, the colt seemed to show no fear as he approached a thick cap of ice where a puddle would have been previously sitting, frozen due to the crisp weather of Frostfall. Rhiannon stood there, silently with her pretty head tilted, watching with genuine fascination as the ebony colt met with the patch of ice, then slid across the surface with practiced poise. The sight left Rhiannon baffled; how did he do that?

Childish curiosity sparked, Rhiannon ventured forward, her knees snapping upwards to keep herself from being hindered by the snow. "How did you do that?!" The brindled filly called out from a distance, gold and silver eyes staring at the black colt in wonder. "Can you teach me?" As she approached, Rhiannon couldn't help but take in more of the nameless colt before her. His coat was ebony, yes, but the strangest of markings marred his side. A blotch of red, as well as a red ear, and marks around his right eye were the only contrast to his ebonite coat. The filly's tail twitched in happiness; he had a mark around his right eye, just like she did!

"My name is Rhiannon," she exclaimed only after she was certain that the colt had seen her, "But... I suppose you can call me Nonnie. Only my friends can call me that. What... What are you doing, sliding on the ice? How do you not fall down?"

[ooc: Sacre <3333 So cute.]

Messages In This Thread
Bitter Innocence - by Sacre - 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Bitter Innocence - by Rhiannon - 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Bitter Innocence - by Sacre - 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM