the Rift

The End Where I Begin

Ares Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It appeared he was alone to no longer and eyes of electric searched to place the female voice he had just heard. She stood before him, an intriguing mask of mahogany and aureate with folds of ebonite mane crowning her exquisite features. The mare was older than he remembered his mother and father being as he met her gaze, smiling kindly to the mare before him. For a moment, he was silent. This mare was just a stranger, but there was so many things he wanted to say, so much about his homeland he didn't know. He was almost a stranger in a new land. It frightened him to be on his own and when he began to walk over to his unicorn brethren, his steps bounced with an eagerness to have others around him once again. The feeling was like taking a deep breath and being born again, he worried about Eris and missed his mother, but he was growing up fast and the world was not going to wait for him to figure out what he wanted to do. He must, per se, take the bull by the horns.

"Refuge miss. I was born not too far from here, in the deep forest, though I still feel like a stranger. This is supposed to be my home, but I have not found such a place yet" he said, his voice growing wistful towards the end. Home. What a beautiful word that encased all the things his heart desired. Friends, purpose and a place to return to. Ares had no place to return to and no place to cherish above all. The path he followed felt so desolate and directionless, maybe this mare could offer him a small light of hope. A trigger to set his life back in motion once again. If she did, then Ares would be grateful to her forever.

Proffering his head slightly, orange tresses falling over his face, he wondered where she came from. The trees? The ocean? The mountains? "My name is Ares" he offered finally, his polite tones still held hints of boyhood as he strained his hearing to catch any words of reply from the mare. He had been born to no hearing in his left lobe which forced him to concentrate hard on the sounds that flitted through the air. It also made navigating hard work. For now, leonine tail thrashed against his sides as he enjoyed the first contact he'd had with another for a while.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM