the Rift

Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

He truly was a luminous spirit. Strong wings dripping with flame raised high above his horned head with a display of his power; sculpted palomino body alight with every shade of gold, ranging from the darkest auburn to a blinding lemon light; elegant horns set proudly on his crown, reflecting the light of the fire in their twisted rungs and grooves. This picture of pride and majesty was no match for the image of his siblings who, even in their own ingenuity and grace, could not compare to the radiance of brother Sun. His form was alive with the constant stirring of life that came from his own flame, and I couldn't help but become enthralled with his image of perfection. In every way this creature was what I had pictured a God to be – graceful, illuminating, and righteous. It was easy to see that he had the first two of my expectations pinned down, but only his actions would tell on my last.

With the blistering heat of the flame and the sun forming lines of sweat down by sides and back, I press past a stationary ball of fire and toss my mane up off my neck, cooling it for merely a moment before the long chocolate hairs fell back against my throat again. The skin that my golden headdress touched directly was becoming most uncomfortable for me, but I would never imagine removing the precious garment entirely. Even the sensation of hot metal rubbing against my ears – which were slick with sweat – was more bearable than having the sun hit directly in my mismatching eyes, and the feathers that hung from my tiara proved to be sufficient in shielding them from such mistreatment. An amused snort erupts from my dark naves as I think about how useful this precious treasure has been to me, and that, like the winged child’s reasoning has been back in the lush forests of the Threshold, it wasn’t just some old dead bird taking a ride on the top of my head.

My dark hooves press their form into the freshly-scorched grass that the God has vaporized, and I take the time to scratch at the earth to reveal a single, unharmed bud beneath the carnage. It will be the first of many new plants that will erupt from the layer of charcoal that now casts its dark blanket here. Fire is as much a revitalizing element as it is a destructive one, and I trust that my God had released his lifeblood of flame here for a reason –not just for his own entertainment. Somewhere in that heart of his, I am sure that he knew he was providing a nurturing environment for the flora and fauna that inhabited this desert.

Two porcelain figures – although not as awe-inspiring as the flaming stallion next to them – catch my attention, and I dip a formal bow to the pair of them, regardless of how old or how young either of them look. The younger of the two reminds me of myself, if I’m being honest. Her deep and exaggerated bow seems to be something that I would be doing at her age, but I find that I have grown to be much more conservative than I once was. I blame it on my mother, who had drilled the ideas of respect and discipline into my head as soon as I could speak – but, then again, she is also the reason why I had left my old home, so she cannot be to blame for such positive habits. But I digress.

My gaze flickers over the form of the taller, more maternal figure standing in a cloud of mixed emotions at the sight of this God. I get the feeling that there is some history between them that I do not understand, so I don’t bother trying to. The Gods’ affairs are their own; I just strive to do what I can to aid them in such matters.

Unwilling to involve myself in something not meant for me, I turn away from the brooding unicorn with the red-dipped tassels, and my eyes hold onto something that almost rivals the rare appearance of the God of Flame; a child born of not just one, but two species. A spark of awe ignites inside my chest at the sight of her – her scales are all perfectly set, save for maybe one scale, that looks as if it had molted a bit earlier than all the rest, but she is stunning regardless of the minor blemish. She is a thing of beauty, this young creature, and I let her know it by extending one somber leg forward and lowering my head in a graceful arc.

I only hold my statuesque formation for a heartbeat’s length so that I can return my attention to the fiery deity, offering him the same gesture of respect but embellishing it slightly by taking a knee. It is a little thing to notice, but I can feel the heat from his last cleansing flame caressing the curve of my leg as soon as I set it on the ground, and I feel revitalized. It is a comforting thought to know that the creature I hold so close to my heart has allowed me to feel the essence of his power, and I warmed by his slight gesture of kindness. My duo-striped body is seeping with energy as I reluctantly bring myself out of my curtsy, and I find that I am filled with the deep desire to feel his scorching touch once more. This is a rather strange reaction for me to be experiencing – I have never felt the need to be with someone, nor have I ever felt compelled to take part in the ritual required to bear children – but I embrace it. If this is what it is like to be intimate with one of my Gods, then I fear that I have grown addicted to this sensation, and that if it were to increase in strength at all then I may have to fight to keep my composure.

Forcing myself to ignore the searing heat that he is radiating, I greet him in my thickly accented voice, “We welcome you, God of Sun. I am so – exultante? – to have finally met with you.” My green and blue eyes close and I try to take in as much of his radiance as I can. Like his brother and sister before him, I am sure that he too has a restless spirit, and will not remain in this desert for much longer, so I try to enjoy this brief meeting for as long as he allows it.

{OOC: Rejected here:
Quest Drop #6 Spark | Time
Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind
Wishlist: Grandfathered :: [Magic: LightxEarth | User takes in the sun's rays (much like photosynthesis) and transfers the energy gained from the sunlight to another being. Can heal small wounds and ailments based on the amount of sunlight absorbed. Cannot be used at night.]
Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Sakura - 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Talianna - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Avalon - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Official - 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Mauja - 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM