the Rift

Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The dry, rocky fools' paradise seemed to be a favorite of mine recently. Frostfall bringing what I had found, only inconveniences, had taken a toll on my naturally thin body. My rib cage poked out at my grey/silver tinted sides, the bones protruding only slightly; though the thick fur that the harsh season created had grown erratically, flowing easily in the softest of breezes. The Basin, as much as I loved it, was not hit as hard as the rest of Helovia. Our deep dished home was barely touched. The hot spring must have been the only water source, besides the ocean, that still bubbled happily in the snow. The rest remained a frozen sheet of ice.

The initial scent of the Heart of Helovia was one not of fire, but of eroding, melting earth. Though they had a similar scent, they were much different at the same time. The thick cold season coat felt heavy in the dry air, generating sweat on the central areas of my body. Very, very deep below my naturally rounded hooves, magma gnawed at the walls of the surrounding rock, eating it away slowly. Nearby, back to the surface layer, the lava bubbled and sputtered, nipping at the air eagerly, wanting out of its' cage. What is it that makes you want to be here all the time? It's miserable.. Oh joy, they decided to show up today. They babbled on for a moment, complaining about the heat that They didn't even have to feel.

Fast movement brought deep crimson eyes from the solid ground to the horizon. An unnatural, round ball of fire danced across the dead plains, incinerating the very grass in it's path. I froze, watching the fire ball roll out of my vision, deeper into our frozen land. Calm eyes followed the singed trail, finding that I was not the only one here. They all seemed fairly normal, besides the tiny filly standing randomly within the group, compared to the massive beast that stood before us all. A glowing, magnificent being, with large burning wings and the horns of an antelope. I stood fairly far away, compared to the group that seemed to eager to walk up to the stallion who danced with flames.

Go you fool, go and see who he is! Maybe he is special Drawing in a deep breath, I decided to listen to them. Each solid black hoof picked at the ground rhythmically, long legs pushing me into a slow lope toward the group. I slowed my pace to a curious, slow walk as soon as I came within a few yards of the nearest stranger. A few members of the curious herd spoke in turn, welcoming the fiery stallion. "God of Sun" and "Fire Lord" were what two of the travelers called him, causing red tipped ears to press forward. This male seemed to have been known. "God of Sun," maybe that gives it away? Their mocking tones did not bother me at this time, I was far too concentrated on depicting this glorious elder.

Every one seemed to be either silent, the nervous tension seeming to radiate off of a few bodies, or happy to greet him. The edges of my lips tugged into a quick grin sent toward the almighty. They fell back down to a straight line quickly, hopefully the gesture reaching the Fiery God before it was wiped off my face. The heat radiating off the of the God was clearly intensifying the uncomfortable feeling that had already been lingering over my body. Red eyes shifted around the group for a moment, the scent of snow cast over every one. It was almost hard to decipher whether any of the fellow unicorns belonged to the Basin. Naturally I would feel more comfortable being along side one of them if they did, but I could not tell at this point.

WISHLIST
Magic: Fire x Air; Can dehydrate the air with flames, soaking up oxygen, making it hard to breath for all around the situation, including him.
Companion: Artic Fox; Can alter others' imaginations
Has not participated in any drops
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Sakura - 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM