the Rift

Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

My thick brown locks and mottled feathers are buffeted by his warm breath, and I slowly open my eyes to watch him peacefully as he passes me by. I do not feel insulted when he turns away from me soon after he asks me of my intent. I do not feel mistreated when his stern words reach my ears. And, most importantly, I do not feel surprised as my name spills past his golden lips. The nature of my Gods was not a foreign subject to me and so it was not a shock to hear that he already knew me by name – he has probably already explored deep into my memories to find my reasons for appearing on his doorstep, and I find that I am puzzling over this matter. If he had been able to extract my name, then why would he give me the chance to inquire of him a gift that he could give me? But as my bi-colored eyes follow the God’s fiery gaze to the charred stallion, I see why -- he had wanted me to see what he was capable of doing.

The sun’s liquid rays pouring onto the wound, shifting and sliding and pulling and mending the mottled flesh, is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I am well versed in the usage of herbs and plants to speed up the healing process of diseases and wounds, but a burn as bad as this unicorn’s would have taken weeks for me to heal. I find myself envious of this speedy process, but I quickly amend my selfish thoughts with a stern flick of my tail, beating on my striped hide.

Once the last of the sunlight has been taken in by his renewed skin, I walk towards the spotted stallion to take a closer a look. The Sun God has done a spectacular job – you can’t even see a scar – and I glance up at his shining face in awe. Just moments ago I had thought that his scorching of the earth had been a feat on its own, but the ability to cast the sun’s rays onto a wound and heal it is far more superior to that. My desire to offer my services to all will benefit from this ability, and I know what it is that I will ask for from my God.

Patiently waiting for his discussion with the fiery-maned child to close, I inquire, “God of Sun, I admire your ability to heal spotted one’s shoulder.” My accent is thick, and I pronounce each syllable with the utmost care. “I am healer, too. I can only use plants, though. I wish to be able to harvest the sun’s power – as you have – and make healing process quicker.” My dark lips curl into a smile as I realize that he is the first of his siblings to take the time to speak with me. “I am vessel of Gods, and if you ask something of me in return for this gift, I will do what is necessary.”

Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Sakura - 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Talianna - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Avalon - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Official - 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Mauja - 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM