the Rift

Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was with quiet, reserved interest that I observed all that unfolded. The pale horned girl, the one with the silver dragon by her side last time I saw her, was joined by a spotted steed. He interested me greatly, for upon his skin there was a mark, a burn if ever I saw one. I held dragon's blood in my veins, I had seen the effects fire had upon flesh first hand - I had eaten meat that had been burned - I knew the smell of it, the taste of it well. I was curious to know what could cause such an injury when winter so clearly had a grip upon the land, but somehow I already knew - only dragon's fire could cause such an injury, in such a place - that or the Fire Lord himself. He called the stallion Mauja, and suddenly an understanding lit up behind my eyes, followed swiftly perhaps by a slight shiver of fear. He was the enemy, the one in the Basin leading the unicorns against those who held no horn upon their crown. Daryth, upon my back crooned softly, his presence upon my back and mind soothing - the shiver ceases, and I watch as the Sun Lord looks over all those in the crowd. He overlooks me, and I do my best to think nothing of it - I am but a mere, youthful mortal, after all, why should his attention linger upon me?

With surprise I then witness a handful of very interesting things. The pale girl, Ophelia, is swallowed by flames, and not long after, similar flames and light drift to Mauja - removing the stain upon his hide where the burn previously sat. It took several moments of simply staring for me to process these facts; that fire could be used in such an offensive way - to remove an enemy - and that light could be sued in a positive way - to heal the burns fire itself inflicted. I was overwhelmed in my youth, at the many complexities of it, but I thought to the words of my mother, I clutched onto them tightly, and reminded myself that despite negative connotations, it is not the tool itself that is bad, but the bearer of the tool. Darkness was often associated with similar negativities, and my family adored the darkness and the wind that sculpted our home - it brought comfort. Now, I could see how fire and light could bring similar comforts.

My golden eyes turned back to the Lord of the Flame, and I took a tentative step closer to him, bowing my head to my chest once more, Daryth upon my back blowing a small stream of flames in the Lord's honour. Sakura's snort alerted me to her motion, and, summoning the same curiosity that led me to follow her in the first place, I turned my hide of gold and disappeared, southwesterly bound, to discover something that would leave my heart with nothing but sorrow to think about.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Sakura - 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Talianna - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Avalon - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Official - 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Mauja - 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Voodoo - 06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Aiko Darleane - 06-07-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-08-2013, 09:41 PM