the Rift

[OPEN] Darling Dearest.

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Its grown cold lately. Bitter cold with frozen water falling atop this bay hide. Shivers tend to sprout now and then, choked only by the will in my soul to survive. Velvet lips move across the surface, wiggling with a rough motion hoping to find tendrils of grass. Even if they are yellowed and dying. Starvation was not an option. This damned winter has made the Basin my prison and despite how little I roamed around it seems even worse to be stuck here because of the growing storms outside the tall mountains. Silver eyes roughly scanned my surroundings as I munched on few pieces of dried, crystallized grass. My heard mates move slowly around me, distant and non existent it seems.

Onyx hooves graze the snow blanket, moving myself towards a cave in the distance, one I've grown to call home. Shelter. My isolated place of thinking. I mumble and groan as each step becomes agonizing. The cold was a bitter thing, a heart stopping pain. I love it. Sick, twisted... I know I am. This cave has become larger as my hooves click inside. Click, clack...clack clack click... oh its annoying. Breaths form from my nares and the wind outside begins to pick up. I watch closely. Waiting just for the moment someone should arrive and seek comfort just as I did. Oh disgusting.
I say fuck it, lets kill them all.
ARIELLE
Image Credit

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

A bitter shiver overwhelmed the young prisoner’s bruised and battered frame. The blood did not wash from her dappled cloak as easily as it tainted, and she felt squeamish as trembling, twitching lips caressed with extra tenderness the vast abrasion which adorned her pained shoulder. Between slight grimaces Africa bathed the injury with the freezing waters at the Basin’s lifeblood. To some degree it soothed part of her agony and numbed the steady throb within. There was little she could do to tend the piercing upon her fleshy rump, it was high and well beyond the reach of her hindered flexibility. It was a shame, for the ripped, soiled skin around its gape attracted nuisance flies from their winter hibernation; undoubtedly infection would soon sour the still leaking blood.

She freshened herself alone, marginally, by the lonely lake’s edge; trapped in the devil’s playground which lay frozen ironically, as cold as the hearts who called it home. Perhaps the monsters didn’t stir so early in this well hidden neck of Helovia, or maybe they were already searching for more unwitting souls to ambush and torture; hungry even so soon after the spill of Africa’s blood, and the death of her kin. They; their malicious, bloodthirsty and mean-spirited kind were reviled, and while the memories remained as fresh and gory as the evidence marking her physically, the traumatised Pegasus constantly straddled the edge of nervous breakdown.

Impulsively she turned from the alien reflection gazing sadly up at her, and plucked feather after feather from the morbid hang of her broken wings. The frail bones within had been crushed in many places, and their strength had slipped away with the final tatters of her glory. Agony jarred through her corpse as the appendages flopped lifelessly at the will of gravity, when each quill was removed. Pink and raw, bald patches began to form and what was once a creature of elegant beauty, quickly became unrecognizable; destroyed and suffering.

Discarding the loose scattering of her beloved feathers- though many still remained in place, Africa began to wander aimlessly, through the seemingly arctic air; wind viciously biting at her sodden self. She wondered grimly as she started up a gentle slope which was covered thickly with frosted grass, if should try to hide herself away by the foot of those sheer rock walls; would anyone notice? or could she settle there to rot for what she presumed would be an eternity- burning in hell.

[ooc: I know the timelines between your post and Af's official capture are a day out, but your thread looked so lonely, and my muse is too >.>]

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.