the Rift

[PRIVATE] [COMPLETE] decisions [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/ACTIVITY CHECK]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

He was dirty and tired, bloodstained and grimy in a way that would never completely wash off—yet when the Disciple finally crossed the threshold of his homeland and beheld the everlasting fields of the Basin, it was with a gentle sigh of spirited relief with which he greeted it. Well—it was a muffled sigh of relief; nestled in his mouth was a bundle of neatly-wrapped wooly sheepskin, along with a ridged, curly ram horn still tainted with blood and small chunks of gore. Despite these uncomfortable, rather gruesome things hanging from his overstretched maw, Sin’s step was brisk and pepped; in his wide, icy eyes there sat a spark of contentment being away from such a distasteful place, the whole of the world that sat outside his docile, cultured world of the Aurora Basin.

Too much had gone on outside of these safe walls; the attack on the sheep herd and the seduction of that—that--starry-eyed witch left all sorts of grimy feelings clinging to the hide of the dappled boy; at another time in history, Sin would’ve had a mental breakdown with all the trauma of his escapades. However, the Disciple had learned how to cope with the madness of the world; his Haruspex had served to destroy his trepidation with his place and lot in life. As long as he was a Disciple, he was happy; as long as his home was the Basin, things were right, and the world was whole in its correctness. True, he wished a Pegasus mare had not ignited such feeling within him, had not threaten to touch him and had not forced his desire for her touch—but it did not matter now. Sin was no longer her plaything, and he was home in the ice-capped mountains of the everlasting blizzard.

What’s this now? A herd meeting? Sin thought, his ear cocked to catch the tones of his Dark Empress gathering his comrades, I’m just in time, then! What a perfect coincidence. It was true that he had been looking forward to a good long soak in the hot springs to soothe his exhaustion and tainted spirits, but that must wait now; being gone for so long from his homeland, it would be prudent for Sin to exercise punctuality.

As he angled his way in the direction of his Lady’s dulcet tones—affects swinging jubilantly from his maw—Sin happened upon the sight of another, and his heart leapt with recognition. Crowley! Just the fellow I wanted to see, he thought happily, speeding his pace to a spirited trot to catch up with the sir. As he got closer and his sight improved, Sin noticed the Weaver looked…quite off. He walked with an unfocused gait, and Sin noticed a peculiar little girl proffering directions to the larger stud. As the hellhound Talbot gamboled about, Sin surmised this was one of the more unusual things he’d seen concerning the veteran. Was the poor sir sickened in some way? Was he afflicted?

“Crrmphee?”, Sin tried calling, but his mouth was chock-full of wool, horn, and skin—there was no way he was going to say anything coherent through his burden. He would’ve released a whinny to get his attention, but they were nearing the Empress now and the little band that had congregated around her, answering her call. With a sad little slump of the shoulder, Sin supposed he would have to wait to get the Weaver’s attention; he tore his wide eyes away from the stallion and the tiny filly beside him, focusing them instead upon Psyche’s visage.

As he listened to her words, a feeling of restless unease meandered through his insides; he must’ve been long much too long, as he was unaware of the dangers that elicited such a response of caution from their fearless leader. She then prompted them to bring to light anything of import—and a sudden inspiration hit Sin, so that he raised his head, the skin in his mouth bobbing most violently.

“Mmph Mmpphy!” He called; briefly dipping his head, Sin released the wool and the horn and set them in a neat pile by his hoof, looking back up again with his icy stare settled on Psyche. “My lady,” he repeated, moving his lips about as he felt the wool caught between his teeth, “I must inform you of a curious sort of creature. I encountered a Pegasus with a most unusual ability; she possesses the power of attraction, and if caught unawares, it can snare the most hardened of warriors.” He paused, his face covered in white hairs and smatters of gore, quite unabashed in his eye and his voice most sincere. “Please believe me when I profess the power of her enchantment. Vigilance, however, proves to break this allure, and it was this vigilance that helped me escape her. Rest assured, I—did not reveal any secret plot of ours that could endanger our family.”

His mind started to reel, however; in honest fact, he couldn’t remember if he did, indeed, let something slip. No, every time the memory of that green-eyed Gypsy entered his mind, Sin couldn’t help a soft flutter to wrack his body, or recall the perfume of her lithe, graceful appearance. He shook the memory away—but a sickening sort of idea lingered that he wouldn’t be able to completely shake that wanton attraction.

It was crucial his fellows exercised caution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: decisions [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/ACTIVITY CHECK] - by Zikar-Sin - 06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: decisions [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/ACTIVITY CHECK] - by Calcifer - 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM