the Rift

[PRIVATE] [COMPLETE] decisions [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/ACTIVITY CHECK]

Calcifer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm trapped in all these lies, all that is left to do is die..

The Aurora basin. It was quite a sight, beautiful but terrifying in its own sort of way. The mountains kissed the vibrant horizon, now enclosed in impenetrable sheets of sleet and ice. Already, he took a quick liking to it. Calcifer hated hot weather. He despised the feeling of sweat caking his body, the stagnant blistering heat tugging at his breath. Revolting. A loud snort erupted from his chest, shuddering his shoulders. He was vigilant of the exquisite, delicate snowflakes gracefully dancing through the air all around him. The tall, lean conifers loomed overhead, their needles brushing gently against his side as he walked through the terrain. He couldn't let himself become too relaxed. This was a new realm with new horses, new faces, and possibly new enemies.

With every footfall, the snow gave way underneath his weight before crunching loudly. He felt somewhat vulnerable being so perceptible and clamorous, but he was confident in his strides, he was everything but a coward. Calcifer was a fighter, he took pride in battle and was excellent in combat. Perhaps that was the account for him agreeing into coming into this herdland. He would value them a fine warrior. Or at least that's what he thought. His thoughts were cut short at the sound of a voice ahead. Curious, he decides to take a closer look. His presence was screened by several trees as emerald eyes scanned the first equine that came into view. The gender was female, he could perceive this by the fragrance that was carried into his nostrils by the numbing breeze. Her appearance was also unmistakably feminine with her defined, lithe figure. He listened to her speech with alert eyes and attentive ears.

The dark mare spoke of gossip and rumors that appeared to be occurring between certain herds. She created the impression of a leader, the mistress of the basin. She seemed to be recruiting the members of the herd. Why can't everyone just come to terms and get along? Pfft, he was one to talk. Still, he hid behind the cloak of foliage. 'make yourself known, coward!' He thought blatantly. Before he could lift a limb, another horse appeared almost out of nowhere. This one was decorated with a pair of horns atop of his head, his body bound with white stripes. What odd horses that inhabited these lands. First he met a mare with caribou antlers in the threshold, and now he sees striped horses with antelope horns? Preposterous.

Soon several horses of all shapes and sizes make themselves known. All were unicorns as promised by Descaro, one of the stallions who called this region home. He wasn't necessarily racist, but he believed that unicorns were superior of the three races. Now he was beginning to feel like a spy. He inhaled a great deal of air through his nostrils before stepping out from the vegetation to greet his soon to be herd mates. He held a haughty look about him, his marbled horn proudly crowning his head. His red chestnut coat was vivid against the snow, reflecting his bold attitude. He was always a cocky prick in crowds, but if you caught him alone, you were destined to get the better half of him. He circled around the diverse array of horses, finally stopping in between a grey lady with bright red tassels for a mane and tail. "Good day." He said simply, wearily to the fae beside him. Immediately he flicked his emerald gaze unto the dark mare, the apparent leader of the herd. He bowed his head ever so slightly in a sign of respect to the empress, a meek smile forming at the creases of his lips. "My lady, I would be honored to protect your herd and serve as a solider." His voice was deep, masculine. He intended to skip straight to the point. I mean, he was never one to beat around the bush. "I realize i am new to these lands but i would be willing to learn." And with that said, he gave a final nod of gratitude before observing the rest of the herd members that encircled the area.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
RE: decisions [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/ACTIVITY CHECK] - by Calcifer - 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM