the Rift

[OPEN] Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others!

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
If I had not been plagued by the anxieties of all that I did not know, perhaps I would have found myself dancing through the trees like a wild nymph with no real purpose and no real name. But here I was, pressuring myself, pushing myself to the realization that life was certainly not all that it seemed. I had lost myself to some unnatural world filled with all the darkness Hell could muster and I was beginning to think that it was time to get out…

Had I lost hope? Had I proved the wrong choice in all that I was?

My family would not let me continue without reason though. They were striving and living this life to the fullest and while I sulked, engulfed in past memories, forsaken by life’s choices- they continued.

The cool breeze upon my face was welcoming, if not exhilarating, simply because it made me feel alive. I was more than pleased to find that our new WingLeaders had taken the initiative to allow our youth their direction and positive encouragement. It was a beautiful thing to see and I was more than inspired when it came to their cause, because I fully intended to allow them my services (if they were ever warranted). It made me think of Essetia and where her path in life would lead her, but of course I had no intentions of forcing her into any line of reason if she did not wish it.

She was quite eccentric after all.

The solid crunch of the hardened ground below gave notice to those unaware of my approach and though my heft had only increased with the coming of winter, I still felt as if I were miniscule standing there beneath the limelight. A smile touched my cracked lips as I gazed through the growing crowd to Destrier as he announced the stipulations behind the paring of Acolyte and Protector, as well as the guidelines that would make his plan a success.

I was surprised to find Lace in attendance after so much time spent away- but I was delighted to see him on any account. I had needed to branch out for some time since becoming WeyrLeader, but of course emotions and the significance of all that I had come to face had overwhelmed my every attempt.

I was comfortable to stand amidst those gathered simply because I felt no need to draw attention to myself, content to let Destrier and Kaj lead the show as promised. However, when I found a hole in which I could insert myself, I was certain to mention my support for their incentives. “If you should need my help as well, all you have to do it ask.” I smiled at my family for the first time in weeks and felt as though, for once, I was coming back together again.

Image Credits

OOC| I'm sorry that I've been so INCREDIBLY slow guys. I'm trying to get back in the game, I promise. This post is shit.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Laila - 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Sulwyn - 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Thor - 06-09-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM