the Rift

[OPEN] Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia, though she had rarely had the opportunity to watch the Dark Empress, had a feeling that something was off in the way she moved. A few injuries spotted her form that looks too fresh and too painful, and she furrowed her brows in concern. Once near the borders, the white princess dropped back and looked kindly at her aunt. "Do you want our healer to tend to your wounds, while you are here?" she asked.

Though she feared and respected the silent, deathly shadow who seemed to follow like an ominous Odin in their wake, she could not help but imagine that she would feel strength in his company, were she on their side. But she would never belong. Once, she may have been able to hide her heritage, but with Tinek, her equine blood was obvious. d'Artagnan had made it clear that those of different types were not welcome, and she struggled to understand that concept.

Was she truly so different because she was a half-breed?

Tinek spied Eytan and her sister before she did, so Ophelia paused, standing, hopefully, side by side with Psyche. If anything were to happen, she would feel responsible for the Dark Empress' well being, so she wanted to be close. The way in which Ktulu responded, which such nonchalance in the presence of neighboring leaders irritated Ophelia, and she ground her teeth once, audibly before waiting for the rest of the speech.

Ophelia tensed, her cloven toes seeming to grind the earth beneath them, and her tail flicked once in agitation. "I brought them here to renegotiate the contract to their terms," Ophelia said coldly, frost hanging on her words as well as her breath. "Since they are paying us to perform a task, I believe we had best perform it to their standards."

"What reason do we have to offer naught but defenders?" she asked pointedly, dual colored eyes glittering with a certain, deep bitterness.

Was it Midas? Love?

Ophelia envied her sister that. Where Ktulu was chosen to bear the Earth God's son, the God of the Sun had ignored her. Then, the God had cast her out from the veins, refusing to lay eyes on her again. An innocent love for the half-wolf had been dashed among the waves that crashed on the tides of the Endless Blue. And now, she had Midas who seemed to dote on her every wish, and for what? Ktulu was not going to give up her murderous dreams to live with him and Kri again. Was she using him? The thought injured her. Should love befall her, Ophelia would cherish it tightly as the light she had left, but not Ktulu, not now.

Phi knew that it was unfair to compare their lives as she did, but the ache remained in her chest. Was she so undeserving? But then, she was so blessed. Every light in her life seemed to bloom from shadow, but when covered in endless night, even the candles seem to fade. "We agreed that you rule our warriors, Ktulu, but if you decide to deny them a fair discussion, then I will offer them my services, with or without our herd."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others] - by Ophelia - 06-09-2013, 02:02 AM