the Rift

[OPEN] Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

The offer for a healer was vaguely tempting, but her wounds were not so bad that she would presume to accept it. Why not just shout that her own Doctor was not good enough for the task? No, they would keep until she returned home, though she doubted that she would call for d'Artagnan even then. There was nothing particularly pressing wrong with her, merely a bruised tailbone and a scabbed jaw. She would heal, given a few days, perhaps a week. But still the offer hang between them, and she gracefully (in her opinion) declined. "I thank you, darling, but I believe my own would rather I placed my meager wounds in their capable hooves." And so they waited, the Dark Empress and her ivory niece, flanked by the embodiment of death. Why had Deimos never deigned to take the throne himself? Surely none could withstand his terrible, beautiful power. Perhaps she would ask him one day, but today was not that day.

Ktulu's arrival did not please the shade. They were on her lands, perhaps, but a bit of respect between leaders might do the bitch some good. After all, Ophelia had been well-received in the Aurora Basin, and had returned in one piece. The Lady of the Basin had not trespassed, nor had she spoken out of turn. Such hostility would grant her no favors when the jackal ruled the world. Before she could respond, Ophelia had spoken, and the shadow-mare listened with naught but polite interest on her face as the icy queen berated her sister, though inwardly, she found it mildly amusing that such a discussion would be waged in her presence. When Ophelia had finished, the shade allowed a momentary pause before offering a brittle smile to the Constrictor.

"My dear, I'm afraid that there simply must have been a misunderstanding. You see, I asked my messengers to negotiate for fighters in the event of any unfortunate disagreement that should arise between my herd and that of the Dragon's Throat. You understand that I cannot, in good conscience, allow my land to be invaded? If this means we must attack first, we shall do so provided that we have good reason to. I simply wish to ensure that we are not on the losing side - to protect my own, as it were." She was polite, and yet her words were cold. How dare Ktulu think to undercut the bargain that the Dark Empress had proposed? "Would it be so bold to assume that you would deny my request, and yet still take the full payment that I offered? I was under the impression that a mercenary band would decide on the price, not the request," she added mildly.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others] - by Psyche - 06-11-2013, 11:43 PM