the Rift

Danger is the wind(OPEN :D )

Wuthering Heights Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wuthering Heights
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

Worthless! That's what you are, all females are good at. Being worthless.

How ever hard she would try to drown out her fathers words, they remained ever present. His nagging, gnarled voice, ranting and raving in her head. It was enough to make her ears flatten with anxiety. She flittered across the ground, her legs continuously moving forward. He legs legnthened to propel her across the ground at an ever changing pace. It had been constant moving ever since she left the herd lands. Well, moving and hiding. She did both relatively well. Hawthorn often told her she was a child of the darkness, made to hide in plain sight. She hated him for that.

The tree cover welcomed her in the only way it could, sending a cool breeze over her parched body. The heat of the day was starting to lift and sweat started to dry on her chocolate hued bodice. Her flaxen mane hung in dirty tendrils, some plastered to her sweaty neck. She came to a stop and rested herself on a sturdy tree, taking in her surroundings while regaining what was left of her composure. On the run for months, would this be her final resting place? She took in the sights with her good eye, moving her head to get the full view. An ache filled her chest, wishing for what would never be restored. Oh how she wished to have the use of her left eye! To one day see more than just dark shadows, now that would be a treat. But wishes hardly come true and her ears worked to make up for what lacked. They swiveled and pricked forward, listening to what her left eye could not see. The world was quiet around her, slowly slipping in the dusk of evening.

OOC// Finished :3 I'm sorry if it's kinda lame... First post in over two or three years >.> and I promise that they shall get longer!

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The golden stallion meandered through the dense wood in a listless fashion. His usual charming demeanor had faded into a sullen melancholy. He couldn't get his mind off of the ebon Unicorn dove. Faelene. His noble brow was wrought with wrinkles of tension. The mare had rejected him, more or less. Vainly, Leander convinced himself that it was only because she was fearful of his kind in general. However, such wistful ideas did little to convince the heart to carry on in a normal fashion. The dame's midnight visage played through his mind repetitively, a ghost haunting his solitary walk.

A light breeze rolled through the foliage, sending vibrant leaves dancing to the earth. Flaxen locks flew up and about in the gust. Brilliant eyes gazed out from beneath the mess of cream tresses. The approach of nightfall grew nearer, but the towering brute was not concerned. It's cool embrace would provide a welcome relief from the day's heat and misfortune. So lost in his own gloom, the palomino almost didn't notice the umber equine ahead of him. His dull gaze lifted, some of his normal vibrance returning to ivory rimmed eyes. The petite fem stood much lower then he did, and dawned a rich earthen pelt. With a soft sigh, Leander mustered a smile for the girl. Pale traces of sorrow lined his face, unable to be deterred so quickly. "Hello, miss. Pardon me if I've disturbed you. I wasn't really watching where I was going." Deep, smooth tones greeted the young duchess. The presence of another helped ease his unrest by the slightest, even if the mare was only a stranger. Politely, he dipped his crown. Even the most troubled of hearts would not make him lose his manners. "I am Leander, a Warrior of the Dragon's Throat."

Unregistered

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering suddenly had the uneasy feeling of another kind near by. Her pelt twitched and legs tightened in a nervous fashion. She was always a lonely type of horse, never one to have many companions by her side. She arched her head to let her good eyes see the oncoming horse in full. What she saw caught the damsel of gaurd and set her nerves flying. The stud was giant compared to the small mare and had wings no less! She had heard of horses with such traits but who would have known she would wander into a place where they resided. Her blue and white eyes widened as she took in his sight (probably a little rude for a mare to do such a thing). "Uh, it's fine sir. I shouldn't be in the way in the first place..", she gave a respectful dip of her head, wincing slightly as if he was going to berate at her for daring to be in his forest. But he was not her father, no stallion was like her father (so she hoped). She brought her eyes back up to meet his, giving a gentle smile before adding, "My name is Wuthering Heights, currently a loner in the world." Her eyes slowly wandered back to his wings, the ebony wings that were attached to his back. To his back! Oh what it would be like to have wings! To fly and feel the wind lifting your spirits and sending sorrows far away. One day, she had always told herself, one day she would fly away.

"Sir Leander, if you don't mind me asking.." She gave a look around to the forest once more, "Where am I? And why do you have wings?" A shy look passed her face, hoping she had not asked too much. But such a world, it baffled and overwhelmed her senses. Everything seemed more vibrant and alive! It made her feel at home.
OOC// Finished

Hidden Account
Epona

Reluctantly, the dejected mood began to leave the stag. It was slowly replaced by the innate curiosity that often overtook him at the sight of a stranger. The delicate girl was staring at him with the wide and innocent eyes of a newborn filly, though the nicks across her pelt spoke of a longer past. She was the second mare he'd met who looked as though she'd once been torn apart. Aureate pools were drawn up to her left eye, which gleamed a pearly ivory, a sharp contrast to the bold blue of her right. A twinge of sympathy ran through him as he wondered what had caused the damage to such a little, seemingly harmless equine.

A warm chuckle rumbled from his chest as the ochre mare addressed him quite respectfully. "Please, there's no need to call me sir. And you certainly aren't in my way." His laugh fell back into a smile as he followed the young lady's eyes to his wings. The dark appendages were folded against his side comfortable, being of little use in such dense forest. Breifly, he considered spreading his plumage out to their full expanse, but he knew better than to frighten the girl with such a prideful display. Thoughts of Faelene chided him, recalling how quickly she had pulled away from him when she had felt the touch of his cursed wing. With a quiet, pained sigh, Leander pushed his attention back to the henna fem. Wuthering Heights. He was both intrigued and confused by her long and unusual name. He couldn't recall ever having met anyone with two names before. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Wuthering Heights." The lengthy title felt strange on his tongue, but he said it as eloquently as he could manage. Where did this small vixen come from?

Another short laugh emanated from the tawny brute. "You are in Helovia. At least, that's what this land is called. There are many different regions here, but I have only explored a few." Rich mahogany wing began to extend gently, to let the shy Wuthering observe them. He had never met anyone who had never seen a Pegasus, but he was sure that there were many worlds he'd never reached. "I have wings because I am a Pegasus. There are many Pegasus here, along with Unicorns and Equines such as yourself. Not all of the races tend to get along, mind you." Faelene's words rang out in his mind. "You are right to think it should not matter what's in the heart, but it is the world outside of it which makes it and everything else vulnerable to suffering," The midnight Unicorn had told him. She had been right, though he would give anything to change it. There would always be those in each race who felt superior to others, and there would always be those caught in the crossfire of their racism. Sadness pulled across his face, but failed to take his attention completely from the stranger before him. "If you desire companionship, you are more than welcome to return with me to the Dragon's Throat and gain acceptance. There are also other herds which I'm sure would welcome you as well." Another smile forced it's way onto his facade. He would help the girl whether she wanted to return to the Throat with him, or to go elsewhere. It was the least he could do for the petite, lone mare.

Unregistered

Wuthering Heights

In the land she was born in, long names were rather common (though quite a mouthful). They were the surnames that accompanied family history. Wuthering had never been in a place without them. Though her history would be something rather forgotten to the bay mare. The tips of her mouth lifted into a embaressed look, "I'm sorry sir - I mean Leander, it's a habit from my last home. Its a pleasure to meet you too." A habit that was branded into her many times.

The young girl tried to contain her eyes from growing into the size of apples as he explained the region and those who dwell in it.The slow but sudden movement of his wings made her gasp for but a second, she quickly recovered her composure with an awestruck look upon her eyes. "Can you fly?" The words blurted out of her mouth, a sign of her inexperienced mind. But she had to know, she had to hear him say the words to believe. Pegasus, Unicorns... Equines of myth here in the flesh and blood. Slowly ,with as much courage she could muster, she extended her neck to sniff his shoulder/wing area. He smelled of a horse, so he must be a horse. But those glorious wings! "There was never peace between equines in my last home either, but we were nothing special at all. Just brutes with too much power and mares under their hooves.", she spoke with a small murmer, not giving too much thought to where she came from.

Her left ear constantly swivled back and forth, listening for what she couldn't see. It had been years since the accident, there were times when she forgot about her pearl colored eye. But she knew that equines stared. She was different (and to some, different wasn't good). But maybe here would be more accustom to change. His offer gave her hope of just that. It was true, she was far more alone than she would like to be. And Leander seemed rather genuine. It had been a while since she had met a genuine soul.. "If you don't mind, I would be overjoyed to follow you to your home, this Dragon's Throat."
For a second in her bright blue eye, there was the look of hope
OOC// Finished

Hidden Account
Epona

Trees ruffled in the Orangemoon air above the pair below. Leander continued to let the young equine's words lull his mind in and out of it's sorrow. It was intriguing to watch the girls reaction to his answers. She seemed quite awe-struck by the sight of him, though not terrified. Her lack of knowledge of such common things was refreshing. It reminded him that this was not the only world to be explored. "Of course I can! These things would be pretty useless if I couldn't!" The stallion spoke with a hearty, well-meant laugh. He smiled reassuringly as the mare's muzzle moved bravely towards one russet wing. The buck held his appendages still, so as not to scare Wuthering. He could not imagine a life without wings, and was often amazed at how well equines survived without the advantage of flight. What a hardy, strong race they were. And unicorns as well, though his opinion of them was often more shaky. Sooty ears pricked as the sienna doe spoke of her homeland. She didn't say much of it, but it didn't sound like paradise by any means. Silently, he wondered what the full extent of her story was. "Well, you'll be glad to know that the leader of the Throat is a mare." Unfortunately, that was pretty much all Leander knew about the elusive Kri. How foolish to be in a herd and yet not have met the ruler of it! He would change that soon, for he had many questions that needed answers.

A cheerful grin found his lips as Wuthering accepted his humble invitation. He hoped she would be happy in the sands of the Throat. It was as good a place as any for the lass to find companionship and purpose, and would give her protection during the coming Frostfall. "I don't mind at all, you've made my day in fact! I'm sure the herd will be very glad to have you." The flaxen brute turned his frame and began to start off in the direction of the Throat. The girl would need to meet Kri, or another higher ranking member than himself, but he would see to that when they got there.

(ooc: If you'd like to start a joining thread in the Dragon's Throat when you get a chance, I'll add Leander in when you get it posted. ^^)

Unregistered
I posted :3 ---> http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=1800
Surprisingly my muse is crazy high for her right now..