the Rift

escape [d'art]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"Why are you up here Doctor?"

The question struck him dumb and d'Artagnan floundered around looking for an answer. No one was injured. No one had died. So why was he there? He had followed her on a whim... Or was it more than just a whim. Was he really concerned about where she was? He had followed her without a moments hesitation after all. Mismatched eyes widened in realization that he had no answer to her question apart from because I followed you. He blinked twice, he couldn't say that out loud?! She'd scarper for the hills with all sorts of unruly thoughts about him. She'd think I'm some sort of pervert, following her into a lonely place like this he panicked. The Doctor closed his eyes and was about to regain a little of his composure when she spoke again.

"If you're cold you could always stand a little closer... I'll keep you warm, Doctor"

His body stopped all movement and froze into place. Her touch threatening to break his resolve. d'Artagnan did not understand these feelings, he didn't know what they were. Why he was experiencing them. When Mauja had placed Kou in his care as the Nurse of the Doctor, d'Art had been glad for a student and an extra set of hooves. But what was this? Would Mauja know what to do with these feelings? Was it normal? He leant his sooty nose in to watch hers touch his neck, fully exposed for a slight moment before pulling his head away and looking out over the landscape. His heart still beating at a fast tempo and the touch of their bodies side by side still present. A fragmented reply slowly began to form, "you looked... Sad. So I... I was curious to know why?" He almost flinched at the cracks in his normally deep voice. He laughed nervously as he leaned a little closer, "to say its so cold up here, you really are hot-" d'Art stopped abruptly realizing what he had just said. Did I just... But?! It wasn't meant to come out that way. The speed of his beating heart sped up and d'Artagnan was now resigned to his fate that he was going to die from this peculiar disease. He wasn't cold anymore, but whether that was Kou or his hyperventilating was left to the imagination. The retort that bubbled to the surface now was for himself.

Idiot.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
escape [d'art] - by Kou - 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: escape [d'art] - by d'Artagnan - 07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by Kou - 07-24-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by d'Artagnan - 07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by Kou - 07-26-2012, 06:45 AM
RE: escape [d'art] - by d'Artagnan - 08-06-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by Kou - 08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: escape [d'art] - by d'Artagnan - 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by Kou - 08-26-2012, 04:33 AM
RE: escape [d'art] - by d'Artagnan - 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: escape [d'art] - by Kou - 09-09-2012, 02:58 PM