the Rift

[OPEN] Long Lost Friend [Ktulu]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Lightning bugs appear from the corners of the forest glen, emerging with the night and surrounding the trio as they meet once more in the coming evening. For a moment, the fading life in his eyes returns. For she is here, the one which he has called, the one who can deliver him from sorrow in his final moments. He is glad to see her and the cub he'd once left in her care. He has grown now; the ancient bear looks into the young cub's heart and pulls from it a name. Eytan. A strong name indeed.

"I need-" his voice falters, sounding older and more harrowed than it had before. He needs more than just her company, but even though it was illness that stole from him his sound, he is unsure of how to explain her role in the events to come.

"When I was once what you needed, you were the same for me," he expresses, voice broken by whispered coughs that herald his end. He lets his gold eyes rest upon the lighter pelt of the young, small grizzly, and looks upon the cub with as much kindness and happiness as he can muster in the hour of his death.

"My time here is short, and so I turn to you before I fade," he continues, reaching out with a torn and ragged paw towards the younger bear with affection. Around him, the lightning bugs seem to glow more brightly, as if heralding what is to come. "Come closer," he commands her, "and grant me my final wish."

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Messages In This Thread
Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Random Event - 06-06-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Random Event - 06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Circe - 06-07-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-08-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Random Event - 06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Circe - 06-10-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-14-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Circe - 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Long Lost Friend [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 07-21-2013, 08:48 PM