the Rift

[PRIVATE] lessons [Rhiannon]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Youth, in all honestly, terrified the Dark Empress.

Of all the things to be afraid of in the land of Helovia - all of the hornless who wanted her dead, for example - and she was afraid of children.

The world was a funny place.

But she really didn't have the best experience, now, did she? After all, she had failed as a mother, raising a spoiled, bratty princess of a child - where was she now, by the way? - that got along with, well, no one. Sno didn't even contribute to the herd, so what use was she? Perhaps it was the shade's own fault for dragging her halfway across the world as a youngling and depriving her of the chance to know her family, to learn her boundaries, and to become disciplined as all foals should. Yes, it was most certainly the jackal's fault, and it seemed at times as though the whole world knew it. She felt particularly ashamed when she compared herself to Kou, who had birthed... what was it now? Five children? And they had all turned out just fine.

She was not meant to be a mother, and so she avoided younglings at all cost.

But now she had been the Lady of the Basin for quite some time, and it did not seem fitting that she would avoid those innocent young minds just ripe for corrupting. After all, she was their leader, and their beliefs would most likely stem from a combination of hers and their parents'. Why, wouldn't it be simply lovely to raise the next generation into the Plague? Never mind their parents - after all, most of the foals were being raised into racism anyway - weren't they? She frowned. Could she even name the foals that had come into being in the last few seasons? .... no. No, she could not. Well, she should fix that, shouldn't she? But where to start...?

As she wandered through the Basin, sticking close to the hot springs where it was likely foals would congregate - right? - she thought of her conversation with Kou on one of those cool Orangemoon nights not so far behind her. Did she ever intend to have another foal, the Nurse had asked, and Psyche had simply dithered. She had no mate, to start, and the one steed that she would take as her own was nearly as damaged as she was. Where did they stand with one another anyway, she and Mauja? No, foals would not be something in her near future, not with so many uncertainties standing in the way. For now, others' foals would have to do.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

For perhaps the first time in her short life, Rhiannon was troubled. The normally vibrant, sarcastic, witty filly was troubled into a contemplative stupor. Things had changed for her, and honestly, that was something that the young female didn't know how to comprehend. Change, Rhiannon had learned, could be a lot of things. It could be the lengthening of the two horns upon her head, giving her miniscule pains in the top of her cranium, or it could be something far more drastic, like her normally self-assured and rather cocky father quivering in fear at his own daughter or muttering things about 'conspiracies'. Whatever 'conspiracies' were, the brindled filly didn't want to know. They must be terrifying.

Still, back to the point.

The Weaver's daughter had left the small cave that she shared with her father, leaving Talbot there to deal with Crowley and his new collection of mess. Whatever was wrong with the Weaver of the Basin, Nonnie sure hoped that it cleared itself over soon, for she was beginning to miss her father. Sometimes they would go out on little hunting trips for fibers that Crowley could use for crafting, and othertimes the large, horned stallion who she looked so much like would teach her lessons of life. Anymore, however... Well, she just down right missed him to the point where her chest ached in loneliness, even if they were side by side.

And, of course, Elizabeth was no better. Rhiannon gave a bitter scoff at the mere thought of her wayward mother. The Corporal of the Basin had been a rare sight as of late, doing only the Gods knew what and returning on a rarity. While a part of the youngling would always love her mother, as she was bonded to her in a deep, mother-daughter kind of way, a part of Rhiannon couldn't help but feel bothered by her mother. She was never around, and even when she was, she was beginning to act far too haughty for Rhiannon's liking. Arrogance, to the brindled youth, was something earned, and to her, Elizabeth hadn't earned that right yet.

Giving a tiny snort, Rhiannon shook her dainty head furiously. "Grown ups," she muttered to herself, dual-colored eyes narrowed as the ebonite princess strode through the snow. Solid yet slender hooves sunk into the white powder, creating a familiar sound of crunching snow with each step that she took. With every step that she took, the filly found herself growing closer to the hot springs of the Basin. Perhaps a brief soak in the hot waters woudl take her worries away?

Lifting her head and kicking herself into a trot, the youth's lanky frame crossed the snows with little trouble. As she neared with misty airs that signaled the arrival at the hot springs, Rhiannon's silver and golden orbs lingered upon the misty waters, until something, or someone snapped her to attention. A dark mare was beside the hot springs as well, and for the briefest of moments Rhiannon examined her, a name bubbling up in her mind like the way one would recognize a God.

Psyche.

It was the Lady of the Basin, standing there in all of her majesty. Rhiannon counted the feathers and teeth that were strewn in her Lady's mane, and her thin mouth opened slightly in awe. What was Psyche doing here? Wasn't she busy doing... Leaderly things? Adult things? A part of Nonnie wanted to approach and speak to her, but... Would Psyche even want to talk to her? She was, after all, just a filly...

No, the brindled youth remined herself, her own thoughts chasticing her ignorance, I'm not just a filly... I'm Crowley's daughter. Yes... And it was because of that reminder that Nonnie drew herself up to her full height, which wasn't terribly impressive, and sucked in a deep breath. Chest puffed out to make her appear bold, Rhiannon spoke.

"Lady Psyche...?" She questioned, her voice quivering only slightly, "Are you here to take a bath, too?"

[ooc: Sorry for the wait, Rayo! <3 Let the corrupting begin. :D]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The steam wafting gently from the surface of the hot spring glowed silver in the clouded, murky light of the Frostfall day, and the shadow queen watched it with great interest. She had never been one of those foals to look at the clouds and see what shapes they made - probably a good thing, for with the childhood she'd had, it was all too likely she would see a beheaded equine or a pegasus with its wings ripped off - but she did so now, eying the mist and picking out the shapes of frolicking foals. Would it be so bad, to have another? Could she raise it right, this time around? Or would it simply go astray, just as Sno had? She shook her head, banishing such thoughts, particularly when they shifted to the FrostHeart. He, at least, would be quick to put her in her place. A foal? he might say incredulously. Are you mad? Of course she was, quite mad indeed to be considering such a ludicrous thought. She would simply stick to corrupting the little ones of the herd, and that would be that.

"Lady Psyche...?" a small voice inquired from behind her. She turned, not particularly startled by the appearance of another, but by the approach of a youngling. The ebony pelt and silver brindling marked her as the Weaver's daughter. The shade smiled sweetly down at the little fae, then glanced around for her parents. Though it was unlikely that young Rhiannon would need any assistance from her in the way of corruption - with Crowley and Elizabeth as parents, who would? - the Empress thought it might benefit her to get to know the flicka anyway. "Are you here to take a bath, too?" Bi-colored orbs peered up at her hopefully, and the jackal chuckled softly. There was no venom in her voice as she replied, "No, darling, I was simply watching over the herd. I suppose you are here to bathe, then? Perhaps I will join you; I am sure the water will be lovely on a cold day like today, wouldn't you think?"

It surprised her how easily the words flowed from her tongue, as though she were talking to a smaller, slightly less naive adult. Perhaps that was the secret; rather than treating them like babies, perhaps she ought to treat foals as though they were intelligent beings. A smile curved her lips upward, and she took a step into the pool. Truth be told, the temperature of the air did not bother her, but the spring was pleasantly warm, and she decided that it might be nice to relax for a bit. Not too long - after all, she did have patrols to see to - but for now, she could just take a dip and get to know Rhiannon. "We have not had a chance to get to know each other, you and I. Tell me about yourself, youngling."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

Psyche's words filled the young filly with warmth and affection, her chest warming considerably and causing her little ebonite hooves to shuffle. The DarkEmpress herself wanted to bathe with her...! Oh, today was a day of treats, it seemed! Unable to help the positively exuberant smile that spread across her dark lips, Rhiannon nodded her head rather vigorously, the short, cropped strands of her mane bouncing upon the crest of her neck.

"I think it would be lovely, Miss Psyche." Rhiannon answered honestly, two-toned eyes shining eagerly at her Lady. Standing there in the presence of the Lady of the Basin herself, Rhiannon found that she wanted nothing more than to please the dark mistress in front of her. One day, when she was older, perhaps she could serve her in the Basin's army. Or maybe as a body guard! Almost immediately after that thought, however, the brindled filly snorted. A bodyguard? Hardly. Psyche didn't need a bodyguard; she could rip apart any who got in her way.

Following after the Basin's Queen, Rhiannon delicately dipped a hoof into the water, pulling it out after only a second and letting forth a little giggle. The warm water always felt funny at first, for the youngling was so vastly used to the chill of the snow and the Basin atmosphere. The hot springs were lovely, yes, but still so very strange to the brindled child. Still, Rhiannon didn't want to let Psyche down, and dutifully followed into the water, letting out a small breath of relief and comfort once the water reached up to the tiny filly's chest. One day she woulld be strong and courageous, just like Psyche and her father.

Looking towards her Lady at the inquiry, Rhiannon fought with herself on how she should answer. What kind of answer did Psyche want? Pursing her lips, eyes narrowing in deep thought, the Weaver's daughter hesitated before speaking. "Well... I'm Rhiannon, Miss Psyche, but Papa calls me Nonnie. You can call me Nonnie too, if you want." Here, she smiled shyly, hoping that Psyche would. After all, only those who were most important to her were allowed to call her by her shortened, 'pet' name. What else could she say? Surely Psyche wouldn't be interested in hearing about her daily romps with Talbot...

"I... I want to serve the Basin one day," she admitted, once more shuffling her front hooves in a nervous habit, "And help fight off all the hornless mutts. Or, that's what Papa calls them sometimes. Actually, he calls them really bad words that he says I'm not allowed to repeat, but..." Nonnie's left shoulder rolled back lazily in a form of a shrug. "I like to explore the Basin and wrestle, especially with Papa and Talbot, but Papa's been sick lately, so I've just been playing on my own. The color of the sky is my favorite, especially at night, when the bore... Borea... The lights are up there, dancing around. Have you seen them?" Rhiannon drew quiet, somewhat ashamed of her lack of vocabulary, and looked more closely to her Lady, once more admiring the feathers in Psyche's mane.

"Could I... Maybe... One day... Have feathers like yours?" The brindled youth innocently asked after a few moments. "They're very pretty." Then, another question came to her and that ecstatic, yet shy, smile crossed her lips once more. "C-can I ask where you got them?"

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Apparently, she had done something right, for the youngling happily agreed to join her; as the shadow-mare made her way into the water, Rhiannon entered bravely, wading in until the gentle waves cast off the Lady's bodice lapped at her chest. The Empress stood further out, for she was taller, though she was still within an easy, conversational distance. As the flicka introduced herself, Psyche offered a smile of her own in response to Rhiannon's shyness. After all, when in Rome, do as the Romans do - though in truth, she wasn't quite sure how to approach such a young filly. "Nonnie," she repeated, nodded elegantly and adding an endearing flourish to her vocals.

Soldiers were always welcomed into the Basin, and this little one showed promise, indeed. Already there was an unyielding loyalty in her bi-colored orbs, and beneath that an instinctual desire to please. Such qualities made for a disciplined warrior, which the shade would be sure to use to her advantage. Really, those traits would give Rhiannon an edge in any path she decided to pursue, for the Lady much preferred to promote those loyal to her and her cause. And, by the sound of it, the little brindle's father had already been hard at work creating a racist mindset. It made the Empress smile a bit wider, if truth be told, but that is nothing of particular note.

"One day, I'm sure you shall be able to call the hornless mutts whatever you desire, my dear, though for now I'm sure that your father is correct." The news that her Weaver had taken ill concerned her; she would have to send d'Artagnan to patch him up. It simply would not do to have one so imperative to her rule to die off, not when he was doing such a wonderful job as a father. Not to mention the skyrats that he kept bringing home. Now, that was a treat. "The aurora borealis," she supplied absently, careful to pronounce each syllable carefully so that the youngling might store the words in memory. "They are quite beautiful, aren't they? I daresay they are what sets our home apart and above all the rest."

The next questions brought an amused chuckle to the Lady's lips. "I'm sure that one day you will own many feathers, my dear," she conceded, though inwardly she wondered what she should say next. Just how graphic should she be in describing her acquisition of the trinkets? "Your father has undoubtedly mentioned a brand of hornless with wings, yes? Skyrats," she added, her voice tinged with disgust. "Disgusting vermin, I call them. Do you know what we do with vermin, Nonnie? We exterminate them. It is our calling, darling. I just happen to think that their feathers make lovely accessories."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.