the Rift

[PRIVATE] Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC}

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

I was worried when my fellow Wraith gave no verbal response to my question, although she had awarded me the flickering of a single ear, so I supposed that that was better than nothing at all. With each second that ticked by, however, I only felt myself growing more concerned with the welfare of the silver mare. Just as I took a step closer and opened my mouth to speak further, though, she seemed to snap out of the daze she had fallen into and, with a stretch of each of her limbs, she finally spoke.

She claimed that she had merely lost her bearings, but how could that be? She'd called the World's Edge home long enough to know where she was by now... right? Or had she meant it in another way completely? "It's alright, Sulwyn," I assured her with a gentle voice, "Just... If there's something more, I don't want you to hesitate telling me. I'm happy to listen if you need it." Was it out of turn that I had said this? I'd be wrong to say that I knew my rank-sister very well at all, and I hoped that she wouldn't mind my blunt asking. Maybe this would be our chance to finally learn about one another.

As I awaited some form of reply from the grullo, we were interrupted by a sudden flurry of noise. Flapping, squawking, and then... it spoke? Even Azel looked terribly confused at the conundrum, cocking his head to one side, looking up at me, and then moving closer to the bird. I allowed him to step closer to the bird, but I remained where I stood, examining the creature. Upon its wing was the strangest black muck, dripping and staining the area around it. Almost immediately I felt as though I had been kicked in the barrel. Ink.

"Wait," I called out to Sulwyn, hoping she wouldn't mind the simple command, "There's something on his wing..." It was the only explanation I haralded as I began to approach the gull, ears tipped forward in curiosity. Had I truly gone mad, or was I really seeing what I thought I was seeing? I slowed to a halt just feet away from the shrine of the Edge, hoping that the cranky gull wouldn't mind my approach in the first place.

"My apologies for disturbing you, Sir," I said with a small dip of my head, forever wary of the proximity of my horn at the creature I was speaking to, "I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Though, I must ask..." Again my eyes fell upon the inky spot of black, concern shining in my golden, predatory gaze. "What, or where, did you get that from?"

"blather blather blather"

Messages In This Thread
Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-16-2013, 12:57 AM
RE: Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Xanthos - 06-18-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-26-2013, 02:11 AM