the Rift

[OPEN] Why do we fall?

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
please, please Fawkes needs to grow and find purpose :3

White flakes clung to my pale eyelashes, I barely blink and they melt across my cobalt cheeks. They are swiftly replaced by more falling puff. I keep blinking them back, my grey gaze trying to stay on the different white shapes in front of my eyes. I had no idea where I was going, just some where to settle from the on coming storm. The cold attempts to nip at my half feathered limbs, but I don't feel it. I've been numb for a while now in a number of ways, and my limbs only continue to cut through the fresh powder. If I wasn't moving my brain was crackling, so I had to keep moving, getting rid of the built up energy. Besides I never minded the winter.

The fresh white blanket was always a symbol of a clean slate, something holy to me. I always enjoyed staring at the snow flakes falling from the sky, pretending I could fly through stars in that little time of childhood. Then I grew to hate anything with wings, but that was the past of a boy. I was no longer a child, just an unknown solider.

Strands of my white tail offset behind me. Hot waves of air roughly casting from my nostrils I know my nose is running, but I soon catch a trail or the remains of one. The falling snow is attempting to cover it too, and I give a fierce heave, fighting against the force of everything that held me back. Come on. There had to be a purpose, and the moon light offers me a clue, a dark hole that is a rough circle. A cave of ice was it? There were pieces of me that wished to avoid that dark place. I could tell had faint memories, the coming and going of many others. I felt I shouldn't be around others, no matter how lonely I was. A wary I, my senses check the area. I hear only wind, I see only blue ice and snow, and nothing but the past drifts in my nose. Snorting, a shiver rakes my body, but it is not directly from the cold.

Ginger steps I hear my hooves clip upon the hard surface only after a single stride. Strange sound, never walking on ice at this age. Slowly my eyes begin to adjust to the shadows, and I take a long inhale reminding myself of the doors location. I turn when I am certain nothing is in here, but me. I am eager to see any light from the moon. Looking to the sky I can see the glow, and the thick, grey clouds starting to take it over. The snow only continues to fall lazily, the wind not yet howling. I had a guess that would soon change and I must be stuck here for the night, and what would I do in the morning?
Image Credits

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan
The darkness gathered as a wisp of cloud sailed across the pallid surface of the moon. In the absence of light the shadows were left free to do as they pleased, and this night they chose to dance across the snowy plain. Catching on each top, tripping into whatever valley they could find, they played catch with the crystal flakes that kept falling from the sky. One shadow in particular made a game out of flying as close to the ground as she could get without actually setting her hooves down, riding the erratic winds on inky black wings. It was becoming increasingly difficult as the storm approached, and despite the thrilling prospect of getting a chance to defeat the fury of a snowstorm, the last one was too fresh in her mind to allow for any recklessness.

It was with a reluctant grimace that the black mare forced herself up higher into the air, immediately feeling how frigid winds grasped her wings and tried to flip her over. Gasping for breath as the air squeezed her ribcage, she squinted through the drifting snow in search of a place to land, somewhere to find shelter. It was a lot to ask for here on the open tundra, but the crow had grown up in these sort of terrains, and it didn't take her long to spot the dark opening in the white landscape - deeper than the night, and far more intimidating.

With a grim smile at herself she approached from the air and landed some feet away from the cavern, warily raising her head to sample the air with trembling nostrils. Wings kept half open in preparation should she need to make a quick escape, the little shade inched closer, senses sharp and alert. Someone was already here. The scent of another was strong and the trail that led towards the dark opening had yet to be filled. Curiosity mingled with hesitation. It would be stupid to just barge in without knowing who was in there, but the snow would fall too densely for her to remain outside or fly anywhere else. Already it was beginning to coat her double-coated back, covering the bushy mane and silken wings with its chilly blanket.

"Hello?" she tried halfheartedly and attempted a step forward with short legs. "I'd like to come in... It's kinda cold out here. Hope you don't mind..." Hoping against all hope that whoever this someone was they wouldn't mind a bit of company the girl started forward, her small hooves slipping and clopping loudly against the icy floor as she slowly entered the cave.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Unregistered
sorry chan <3 i'll keep up better now.

Frost tickles silver whiskers, but no move is made to remove it. I let my eyes stretch across the landscape that seems the same. I do not notice the dark winged until it had started walking against the white, closer to where I was taking refuge. A sudden blink, unsure if I am really seeing someone or something, my ears fold back to my blue skull. There is faint static, of light pain flickering in my head, ready to force on them if they are not friendly. Had they seen me? If not it would be a perfect chance to get the better of them. A quiet feminine voice breaks against the growing wind. Naturally, I don't drop my defenses, but I do lower them. I see a wisp of a girl, made of shadow come closer. I could look over her back, over her velvet wings. With some caution she spoke, bravely coming first without answer.

Folding in a breath, I take a step back, feeling she is small, but I should give her space. "No, it's fine. The storm is getting a lot worse," I answer, in a polite deep tone hoping her eyes might see me , or my voice will help them find me. I'm not alone any more, and I don't know what to do about that part. I feel an ounce of warmth flicker in my chest, relief I didn't know I had been waiting for.

"You..you didn't hurt yourself flying in this weather did you?" I ask, knowing it might be bold of me, but I didn't think she had walked on this way. I really wasn't good at small talk, and it was natural for me to worry about another's well being. Old habits dying hard, and all that. Flicking my white tail in attempt to ease my mind, ease my nerves, I try to better see her. Faintly make out her darker form to the blue walls, seeing a hint of purple I assume is her gaze.
Image Credits

Chan
Her caution was rewarded as a low pitched voice replied to her inquiry, and as the slight mare moved into the relative shelter of the cave she peered through the gloom in hope of spotting whoever it was that had spoken. It seemed a pointless task at first. Even compared to the stormy night outside the carved out space was dark, so much that she at first saw nothing but the afterimage of snow flurrying across her vision. Only gradually the blackness began to fade, and as the snow-caped crow shook her neck to get rid of the soon-to-melt flakes she began to make out the shape of another before her.

"Thank you" she said just high enough to make herself heard above the whistling of the wind, eyes curiously gliding over the blurred shape of the other. "It's alright, I got down on the ground in time... Really picking up out there though, and I have a feeling we might get stuck here for a while." A faint smile crossed her lips at his concern, hard to spot because of the darkness of her coat; she could have been little more than a shadow, had it not been possible to feel warmth radiate from her stocky body - had she not carried a scent of evergreens and ice along as she made herself comfortable.

Preparing herself for a long and very cold night, her first action was to clear the ice and snow away from the pelt. With well-practiced movements she began to rake the mane, chest and front legs with strong ivories, prudently removing anything that might melt and seep though the double layered coat. Next were the wings, where careful lips sorted out each and every feather, licking off water and frost to ensure that none had been lost, that everything lay as it should. If not, it would affect her flying during days to come and maybe strand her somewhere without edible plants around and with mile upon mile to walk back to the lower lying lands. So, since the black bird hated walking, she always took good care of her wings. It was a long and slow process that could take hours if she was really thorough.. and there probably wouldn't be much else to do during the night.

"Have you been in Helovia for a long time?" the raven eventually asked in a pause in the preening, more because of politeness than any real interest. Violet eyes peered over towards the source of the voice, now able to make out the edges of a silhouette, though there wasn't enough light reflecting from the icy walls to provide more than a general understanding of where he was standing.

Healed

Unregistered

The winged one clears her coat, brief flecks of snow striking my face. A muscle tenses in my jaw, ready to wipe them off not to gawk. In this light could she tell if I did? I trying to convince myself she was real, and not a mind monster with a sweet voice. My nose told me she was made of flesh, and blood like the rest. She was okay in fact, commenting on the thickening flurries.

"I was traveling, worried I would be stuck in it and very lost by morning, so being stuck here seems the better alternative," he admitted with a twitch of a lip. Faintly, if I squinted I might make out the lines, the plains of her face not certain how she looked back at me. Tempting it inch, stretch my nape I held back. I was struck by the scents that clung to her. Almost familiar, the ice, but not the evergreens. I don't think there were many of any trees left in the old Kingdom. I probably wouldn't know their smell if I hadn't left.

Interest in silver gaze I watched her take care of herself, mostly her feathers. I find my eyes roving over the mouth of the cave to give her a moment. In fact I didn't want to think about delicate, intricate, and yet powerful wings. It had taken me awhile to understand how they generally worked, and what hurt them. My jaw clicks at the old problems, my body's way of attempting to shock my own internal thoughts. A shake of my skull, I raise a hoof, letting it clip downward while drawing a bite of the cold air. Would the cave seem larger with someone lighter colored?

Deciding my company better suited for my attention, I counted to one after her question before turning my head. "No, not really. I've heard a bit about the lands, have yet to see them for myself. I'm hoping home is out there... What about you? Somewhere better to be?"

Image Credits

Chan
She hummed in agreement with a feather between her lips. Compared to a night out in the wind and the snow, this cold hollow was decidedly more pleasant. Staying too long wouldn't be good of course. There was nothing to eat, nothing to drink unless they began gnawing at the very walls of the shelter, and gradually the dry chill reeking from all around them would begin to sap their strength. For one night it would be tolerable though, and Shadow found herself feeling quite at ease, both with her predicament and with the company. At the very least the stallion she shared the space with didn't seem inclined to biting her nose off for making casual small talk, and that was always a plus.

Turning back to the grooming as the barely visible other began replying to her question she lipped the downy feathers with absentminded ease, an ear twisted towards the dark silhouette to catch his words. So he too was new in this place. Perhaps even more so than herself, or maybe she'd just been lucky to be offered a place to stay right from the start.

"Me neither, though I've found a rather decent place to return to. It's down south, in the desert region... Dragon's Throat they call it. It's a bit hot for my taste, to be honest, but I was invited to stay there and the inhabitants are friendly and generous. There are worse places, for sure."

Folding the wing back against the black hide with a faint rustle of silky feathers the raven shifted her weight between the small hooves and made herself comfortable where she stood, hips tilting in steep angle to one side as a dark hoof rested with the tip against the slippery floor.

"Maybe you should try going there too" she suggested after a brief pause, and turned the head in the direction of the barely visible stallion. "From what I have seen there are mostly pegasi there, but others appear to be welcome too. I've met both unicorns and tribrids during my short time in the herd, and they appeared to be as happy as anyone."

Healed

Unregistered

By morning I planned to turn myself around, head south by the sunlight to see these other lands. The place Vilo had spoken I rather stay from unless it proved to be my only option. While it should be fitting for me to be cast there I dare think there was somewhere I ought to be.. I wasn't first and foremost a Unicorn...not any more. It was only one difference.

Unsure what else to do but continue to stand I could have wished for better weather, but then I probably wouldn't have had company who had to stay. I grin only because it would be faint in the dark blue of this shelter. Her voice answers, and my vibrant cobalt ears were drawn in interest, she wasn't a local either. Why it shouldn't be this wonderful thing, it made me feel like I wasn't the only one searching else where. As she went on she wasn't an outcast. I wasn't grinning, but rather indifferently taking it in. If my memory served me correct the North had a big of a rift with the South. Lucky me we weren't on two opposing sides, and only, almost aquaintences. It was nice to get a second opinion of it. It didn't sound bad except for the hint of heat. I partially chuckled, shifting my hooves around briefly.

"Yes, ain't that the truth," I agreed with her knowing there really were. It made me wonder if she had been leaving a disaster behind. I wouldn't ask. For a moment there was only the sharp wind, and flying snow sounding in the cavern. I titled my head, getting use to the sound of her voice. I wondered why she made that comment. Were the herds here all desperate for any? Or did I not give off a bad impression? I wouldn't know, but the words happiness, and everyone amused me. "I'll think about it. I'm not one for heat either, but sounds much better than the other option I was given." Flicking my bangs to shift another way about my horn, I was quiet, eying the darkness outside. It was pretty easy chatting than I thought it would be. "Do you have a name I might call you? I keep thinking it's pretty rude of me to go all this time not asking."

Image Credits

Chan
She nodded in acceptance to his reply, then quickly added a hum as she realized that it would be difficult to make out her movements in the gloom of the cave. Letting out a faint sigh the raven let the head drop down a bit, allowing heavy eyelids to fall down halfway over the amethyst orbs. What was the use in straining them to spot a horse she wouldn't be able to see no matter how she tried? Like this the only risk she faced was falling asleep in the middle of a sentence, and she had decidedly done ruder things to strangers.

"I'm Skuggi" she murmured, voice low but still audible over the whistling of the winds that raged past the icy arch. "It means shadow, in my mothers tongue; most people in these parts just call me that instead. They seem to have a hard time saying it right." A hint of a smile tickled the corners of her lips as she thought of all the different versions of her name she'd heard before the horses gave up. Her own accent wasn't exactly perfect, but several months traversing the areas around Helovia had taught her how to communicate at least decently with the locals. It was a talent she'd had to learn; no one took well to strangers, and even less so if the strangers couldn't speak properly.

"And yours?" she asked after a moments thought and burred up the feathers on the wings, trying to shield herself as much as possible from the dry, bitter cold that emanated from the ice around them. "Where do you come from, if not from Helovia?"

It was just as well to keep the conversation going. Better to fill it with casual words than to let an awkward silence fall over their backs. Shadow didn't mind sharing her own story with others - there were no secrets to find in her past, only memories of varying degrees of importance to herself. A faint gleam of curiosity reflected against her eyes as she peered through the darkness towards the unknown steed, wondering what she would hear. Incredible tales of adventurous journeys, horrible accounts of death and despair, or something else entirely?

Healed

Unregistered

While I should have heard what she had spoken clearly, I barely caught it. It had been a faint rustle of beautiful, foreign notes, tugging at my ears a little different than when she tried to match the tongues here. My brow raises, listening to what seemed like pride in her voice, a hint of her heritage, and past. Shadow was fitting, but did she liked to be called that? No, doubt I could say her real name either. I had collected some words by the old slave drivers but I could only say them because of how much I heard them daily.

Inside I fumbled how to ask to hear it again. I felt my limbs tugging on me, pulling me closer to where I could see faint light that played across her defined cheekbones, around her eyes. "It is beautiful. Would you mind telling me again? I've never heard anything like it. It reminds me of the cold sea." I answer smoothly trying to make sure she could hear my low voice I kept from cracking. I don't like to think of "home".

Kindly, as any polite stranger would she asked for mine. "Fawkes." It comes easier, but probably won't be noticeable since its only one word. I stand closer, my silver eyes looking her over, she looks huddled together. "Are you cold now?" I can't help the question, as she had said she was now living in warmer lands. "I can move over here, keep the wind out for you," I offer not thinking how this could be mindless of me, offering help. She asks the one thing I want to avoid, but it's just a conversation right? "Cinereterram is what is has come to be known as," I begin, making sure to keep a light play in my voice. "It's where I was born, where I "lived" you could say. Now, nothing is really left...." My voice drops off, and I cast my eyes away from her violet pair, afraid they might read me too well. They were so vivid and bright as if it would be nothing to pry through my blue body. "What --what about you?" I would like to know, and pull the conversation from me.

Image Credits

Chan
Turned out, she wouldn't hear much at all. The crow held back a disappointed snort and instead offered the reluctant storyteller a faint hum in acknowledgment, just so he'd know she heard him. Despite his best efforts to hide it she couldn't help but pick up on the reluctance as he spoke of his homeland, and of course that immediately piqued her interest. An ear turned his way, feathers rustled as they rose and fell across a large wing; the shadow leaned closer, eagerly listening.

"I'm fine" she shrugged off his offer, uneasy at the thought of being too close with a complete stranger whom she couldn't even see properly. "Tell me more about your homeland instead, I've never herd about it before." There was no mistaking her curiosity as the raven urged him on, her gaze almost tangible where it came to rest on him.

"I'm not from anywhere in particular.. Been roaming the North for as long as I can remember. As for my name... My mother named me Skuggi, it's from the language she spoke as a foal. But come now, tell me! What happened to Cin... Cinetr... whatever you called it. Why did you leave?"

In expectant content she settled down once more, this time listening with greater attention, viciously uncaring about the unease she was causing with her room-mate for the night.

Healed

Unregistered
ok she asked for a story x)

"Sorry," I mumble automatically, withdrawing a step, thinking I was coming off as a creeper. When I just been alone too long, and more comfortable than she probably was. Though, why I wished I knew. I was sure she could take me out with her wings if she wanted, kick off my head, and fly right out of here. I didn't say more, I tried to quiet my mind. Feeling its crackling at the back of my skull. I had no want to shock this one, no.

What a persistent one. A child's greatest strength. I don't think she's any child. Maybe, its an attribute she never out grew. I sigh, because I can. I see there isn't any avoiding this. She had me at no excuses, and even brought herself over more to hear. Could I deny her a tale? Did it have to be mine? I contemplate, thinking my tongue was not as silver as it could have been. It was hard not to want to please her by the look she gave me. I really just wanted to say she was lucky not knowing. "Cinereterram?" I answered, no idea how to persuade her on a different subject.

I was given a moment, she answered my own queries. I took in her quick voice, again hearing the want. Why I had left was the end of my story. "How about I start at the beginning?" Steel colored eyes try to met hers to see if she had perked up. It seemed so, I figured I might as well continue. I don't think I would end up falling asleep any time soon.

"Ok, but if you nod off I am not going to repeat myself, " I smiled, thinking she might see it in my eyes. Clearing my throat I began.

"Once there was two Kingdoms. An Equine, Chaton, who inherited the land, just as his father before him was the first ruler. The second King, Firnen, a Unicorn had came to rule in the same way. Though it might sound strange to you, the second King was owned by the first. The Unicorns did as they were asked by the Equines, reminded by Pegasus and Dragon alike who was stronger, who was larger. Nothing really bad happened. Princes, and Princesses were born to both species. There was always some skirmishes now and than about someone who was always trying to run away. There was order, and understanding; this was the way things were."

"On cold night, just when the leaves had began to fall an Equine seer had a vision. A picture of rotten corpses from war, smoky skies that choked the lungs by never ending fire, and a disease that fed off flesh. All from the birth of a Unicorn filly whose mane would be dark as blood, and body the shade of ash and charcoal. A symbol of the future. So Chaton, and all the other Equines were in a fright. The only way to stop that was to prevent any more Unicorns from being born. Sadly, they began combing the lands, wounding every expecting mother with a horn."

"But....there was one they missed. The Queen of the Unicorns. By then Firnen had sent her into hiding, aware of why their masters were striking down their most innocent. See, Firnen had hoped he could save one of his children from this corrupt world, but the soldiers of Chaton's didn't think twice when they found her. No, they brutally attacked her guard, and the blood spill continued. In the middle of the chaos the last Princess of Firnen was born. His Queen soon perished, and the King with the remains of his guard fought to save the midnight colored filly. When the news reached Chaton, he called his soldiers off. It would not do to kill both the leaders of his slaves. Besides she was not the one of the vision, and so she lived.

For awhile despite losing their Queen, the Unicorns did nothing. They were often thought to think they were lesser, and fed heavy doses of fear and pain. Even their own King told them lies to assure them, the only way he could keep his daughter safe. Once the filly's hair began to sprout red Firnen was killed, and she was taken. So the great war the Equines had seen began. I spent most of my life trying to get back what was lost, and what we had never had. As I told you, there is nothing left there. Everyone that didn't die left the god forsaken place. I could tell you many stories, but I don't think you should hear them. I don't think you would like them."

Image Credits

Chan
How could she ever fall asleep when the calm voice, despite the deep emotion it betrayed (or maybe because of it?) piqued her interest in such a way? Breathless she listened as words filled with meaning broke the silence and with dreaming eyes she let them fill her mind with visions, images painted in the darkness of the night. It was as though she was there with him, tasting the fear and worry on her tongue and breathing the air filled with rumors, whispers, wild guesses and deep, endless rage towards the oppressors. When he stopped she finally remembered to breathe again, letting stale air fly from the lungs in a hefty sigh.

"All that because of one little filly" she breathed, loathing mixed with disbelief apparent in her voice. "The idiots. If they'd just left her alone there wouldn't have been a war, and everyone could have lived in peace." Shadow huffed and shuffled her feet, drowsiness replaced by an agitated restlessness - had the offenders been anywhere near the icy cave she likely wouldn't have hesitated a second to throw herself into the storm to give them a lashing.

"What about you?" she continued, too swept away by her own emotions to consider whether Fawkes would want to continue talking about himself. "You fought, you say.. Why? How did you get involved with all that?" The lilac eyes expressed a growing awe as she gazed through the gloom at her companion, the kind of childish admiration one might hold towards the hero of a story. The little raven knew that battle and death were far from glorious - she had seen it first hand, and wouldn't dream of heading into anything like that herself. But precisely that was what made it so much more impressive that he had been there, lived through it all and come out on the other side of the fray, still able to tell his tale.

He had to be strong to manage that, she was sure of it.

Healed

Unregistered
ok she asked for a story x)

Clearly, I had her attention. I had not had to make up a single word. I always found the truth a lot better, so much easier to stick with. I had half hoped it would keep her from wanting more. Of coarse my plan backfired.

"Yes, to this day I don't think they'll understand that Shadow. But, I'm always torn to believing it was good. You see the Unicorns were slaves to the Equines. We would have likely kept being that if nothing changed. You see the scribbles upon my neck? Those are their marks to keep track of me. My bloodline,gender,how many siblings, and that I could play nasty tricks if I wanted." I tried to explain, since I hadn't told her out right I had once belonged to someone, that I couldn't have left home if I wanted, had a family, or decided I didn't want to stand in the rain, the snow, or the heat. I swiftly clamped my lips, surprised and touched by the way the story left made her want to attack something.

I had intentionally left the part about me out. Thinking it was nice to make it sound like I was talking about something I came across. I really wanted to keep it that way. A character in the background, who didn't have any lines. The look to her eyes bewildered, and amused me. I didn't think it would be easy to tell someone, here I was jabbering away. I wanted to let her know why.

"The filly was my little sister. I was barely two when it all happened. I remember being so angry, wanting to kill them all for what they did. We had never done anything to them, but kept the chain. This literal spark jumped inside me, and I found out I could push it to the minds of others. Giving me a little time to get away, or even temporary cause harm," shaking my head slightly at my thoughtless actions as a youth. "Since I was part of the royal family they figure they would make an example out of me. I can't remember how many times they had to catch me. So sadly, my eldest brothers took the worst. I never quite fixed that mess....don't look at me if I was a hero. I won nothing."

Image Credits

Chan
Her expression sank as he continued, her exalted mood deflating like water bubbles pricked by thorns. In its wake followed a seriousness that befitted his own, and as the stallion turned silent the mare allowed it to continue. Darkness enveloped them, seemingly so much denser now that the words had stopped falling into it; the raven shifted slightly and felt her ear twitch as the sound of her hooves over the icy floor echoed into the far reaches of the archway. Throwing a cautious look over her shoulder, she wondered just how far the tunnel reached. Did it collapse somewhere in the blackness, or did it continue down beneath the ice, into an endless labyrinth?

The thought sent a shudder down her spine, and without realizing it she had inched closer to the stallion, so much that his warmth radiated against her wing. Outside the wind was hollering, whisking layer upon layer of snow against the walls of the protected chamber. A yawn stretched her jaw wide open, and as she breathed out with a sigh the short mare blinked blearily, tired after numerous attempts at penetrating the gloom.

"Hope we won't get trapped in here" she finally said, well aware of how much she was leaving unsaid between them. It was just.. hard, to understand how something so amazing as his stories could be real, how they could actually hurt him just by talking about it. It made her head hurt and did nothing to remove the physical tiredness that weighed on the limbs.

"Thank you for telling me" she murmured, eyes gradually falling in on themselves - despite what she'd said about remaining awake. "We should talk more.. tomorrow..."

((ooc: either we can take it to the next morning or finish it off, you decide. I start to feel finished here...))

Healed

Unregistered
i'm fine ending here. thanks chan <3

I did what I had set out to do. Stop her from wanting any more tales. I feel a little guilty, not making it a more wonderful tale, but I let my words be taken by the pulsing storm outside. Thinking I should have long let the past go. I know I have to an extent or I surely wouldn't be keeping Shadow company on any kind terms.

I begin to wish for morning, feeling suffocated by the darkness. Long, drawn breaths I close my eyes to give them a break. If I may just fall asleep, and that was the only black I faced. The dark one beside me stirs, and I peer down to her curious what she was looking at. I'm pretty sure there is nothing but snow, and ice. I don't speak, realizing she had scooted closer, helping eat away at the cold and something more. Closing my blue lids, I cock my hind limb, thinking about taking a chance to rest, unaware how restless she was till her voice echoed in the arch. I give a bit of a laugh, "Don't worry, if it snows that much I'll probably freak out and you'll see see a unicorn outline clean through." Which, was probably almost true. I was claustrophobic to an extent, and didn't want to think about another wall to the three that already surrounded me. I began to wonder though, what would tomorrow bring? Whatever it was, I was getting out of this cold wasteland.

Silence upon them, it may have bothered someone else, but I found it as a quiet understanding. I didn't know why, but she didn't seem one to hide what she was feeling, and I hoped I was right.

"Thanks for listening." I smiled, but again doubted it would even be seen. I say nothing else, only nod my head thinking we would see what the day brought.

[end]

Image Credits