the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Don't Look Down [Loki]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res shuffled her feet. The winter breeze was blowing in, producing a light chill across the land. She flicked her tail, allowing the long tendrils to curl around her frame and begin to warm her legs up some as she stood in the freezing white fluff. There was a part of her life she wish not remember. Remembering those images of death was too much for her to really handle all the time. She simply couldn't do it. So she attempted to keep herself calm and collected around this stag. It was harder said than done, of course, and her swaying rhythm was beginning to easily start it's motion. Back and forth. Back and forth. Left and Right. Left and Right. She doesn't know what started it. She doesn't know why it works. But, it does quite a bit to calm her nerves down. Well, at least calm her nerves down enough to where she can start to think logically.

Golden orbs fall upon his frame as a confused look lifts his face. She tilts her head in uncertainty before the confusion flitted from his features and was replaced with sympathy. He felt bad for her. Her eyes closed, taking in a short breath. Everyone had always felt bad for her. It was as though she had lost everything and that the end of her life was always waiting at her door. But she couldn't change that. She lost just about everything, except her own life, and with hearing difficult everything seemed threatening. The stag stood back, offering her the reasonable amount of space. His golden wings were curled at a tiny radius up against his thicker body. Each feather shuffling just a little in the wind and being accented just slightly in the light amount of sun that was glinting ever so lightly from his curves. And then, he pulled out his cranium, nuzzling the air in front of her. Confusion radiating through her orbs for a second as she eyed the stag and his interesting attempts at comfort. Though, she had to admit that interesting was a definite understatement. Never had she seen someone nuzzle the air.

And this his voice reaches the air again. Floating around her good ear and telling her that it was fine. That her being scared of things was perfectly fine. Of course it was no fun, and he claimed to understand it. But no one could understand it. No one could unless they truly lived in fear every single step which they took. Something was always out to get you. You never knew what it was, though, until it was coming at you. That was how she lived. She had done nothing wrong, no not really. But yet, with the fact that her missing ear caused so many problems she couldn't do anything but assume she was in danger all the time.

Then, he was apologizing about the fact that she had lost her home and her family. How he had been an outcast since he had come here. Speaking of finding his brother and how he is the leader of the World's Edge. How he was not welcomed as he was deemed childish. Childish? Someone who seemed to take the care and attention to not give her more of a panic attack was deemed childish? That didn't make much sense to her brain. But, it was something she probably wouldn't understand. He had only wanted to live with his brother. With his family.

She opened her mouth to speak, to offer her condolences and that she hadn't believed him to be childish only to have him continue talking. Going back and recounting much of his history. Speaking of war. How he had been with his brother's mother. How she had died to allow Loki to live. And then, how his brother had disowned him for allowing such a thing to happen. Sadness curled around the crevices of her orbs. That was quite horrible. All because she had died to save him. He was only a year old. He wasn't supposed to be able to protect himself.

But the story got much happier, switching to having a nice love. The only one he has loved and one he met not too long after appearing. How sweet. It sounded much like her and Ciro. The only one who had ever really cared back where she came from. Not caring that she was missing an ear. He explained how they had lost their first child, and Res could feel her heart tear a little. She understood that pain a bit too much. And then he was apologizing about running on for too long. Saying she probably didn't really want to know his whole life story and saying that it was actually quite boring. She shook her head a little, a tiny smile managing to form upon her lips. "It's fine," she responded, it was a good distraction, forcing her mind off of the world around her and into his story. She had few moments to just listen in and ignore the sound of the wind rustling across the snow and the feel of it along her spine.

Did she have a safe place to live? No. She was roaming. She had Quil, now, but she was roaming. He didn't think she should be out here alone, especially with how she was scared of everything. He then offered to lead her somewhere, so she might be safe. Her head crooked to the side just a tad. Her hair pooling off of her cranium, showing the blatantly missing ear as she raised an eye in confusion. "Being afraid of everything, unfortunately, keeps one out of a lot more danger than one would think." she explained before peering back up toward him, "And you seem far from childish to me, if that means anything," she said,a hint of sadness lacing her chords as she shifted her weight again, still swaying from side to side. "But, I'm not sure if there is another place to live. I've been roaming for a while, though and managed to stay out of a lot of trouble." she finished, managing a tiny smile of reassurance.

1046 words
I'M HAVING SO MUCH MUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Resplendence - 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Loki - 06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Resplendence - 06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Loki - 06-22-2013, 06:17 PM