the Rift

[OPEN] words on their own become empty emotion [eris]

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong

She is very odd, this Eris, but I like her. There's something dangerous about her that appeals to me, for I have been so very protected in my short life. I want to live. I want to live well. I want to do things, and go places. I want, I want, I want. I have never wanted anything quite so badly as I wanted this. Leaving my home? Not a problem. Leaving my mother? Makes me feel slightly guilty, but it's fine. I don't need her; she doesn't need me. She was never around me, anyway, so I doubt she even misses me. And soon she'll just have a new baby to take my place. My lips curls in a sneer, perhaps the first negativity I have shown in Eris' presence, and I rush to reassure her that it is not directed at her, for I feel that would not be received very kindly.

"I'm sure," I tell her firmly. "I may not know you that well, Eris, but I do know that who I came from are nothing like you. Father left and Mother doesn't care about me. I don't have anything worth going back to." I pause. "I don't have anything worth leaving. I want to learn. I want something better than that." It is all truth, though I feel bad for voicing such bad things about my family. But Father shouldn't have left, and Mother should have treated me like an adult. They were in the wrong, not me!

She begins to speak of options, and I want cry when she tells me that I might go back to the Throat. But I refuse, because she doesn't like tears, and I'm stronger than that, anyway, and I'm glad, because she quickly offers me a second and then a third option. Somehow I seem to have gained her approval, and though I'm not sure quite how yet, I am determined not to let her down. "Please don't make me go back, Eris," she said, not quite begging, but almost. "Let me stay with you. I'll be the best apprentice you could ask for, I promise! I'll do everything you say! I won't ever look back."

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 06-08-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 07-04-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 07-21-2013, 10:31 PM