the Rift

[PRIVATE] Past and Present [Destrier]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

The weather had picked up, growing more and more harsh as the days wore on and Helovia was shoved deeper into the bitter clutches of Frostfall. Back in Vallhea, it was a time where many would gather around bonfires to keep warm or hide away in their homes of wood. Old pelts often adorned Bran's shoulders throughout the cold months, but no matter how utterly cold it got, we would set out every morning to assure the safety of our borders before returning home.

In a way, the Edge was not much different than Vallhea. It wasn't as mountainous, but I found myself tasked with the very same duties as I had been given in my old home, minus a rider upon my back. I still patrolled the borders every morning and every evening, sometimes late at night if I was feeling particularly restless. I protected a new home now, but I fought with just as much determination to protect the World's Edge as I had in Vallhea and Gassul. The wind stung at my eyes whenever I would gaze across the snowy expanse of the borders, but onwards I pressed until I had finished, assuring that none were attempting an unseen breakthrough today.

Only then did I leave the borders behind, the warm fires spread across the Edge at the forefront of my mind. Little Suli could hardly be seen beneath the thick of my mane, which she clung and intertwined herself into to keep herself warm throughout our journey. I moved at a quickened pace for more her sake than my own; this was her first Frostfall, and having little knowledge of dragons, I was uncertain what conditions they could and could not withstand. "Perhaps I will ask Vikram," I thought to myself as I caught the sight of a flickering light up ahead, knowing that the scaly stallion would have just the answers I was looking for in relation to my young friend.

Others have already gathered at the fire it seems, but what is one more body to share the warmth? Dipping my head in greeting to the rest, I make my way to the fire and come to a stop a mere few feet from it. Feeling the heat of the fire, Suli began to shift beneath the blanket of my mane and forced her head through it, giving a throaty purr of contentment. Whenever Frostfall got to its roughest point, I would assure that the little dragoness stayed behind at the fires until I returned.

Snap!

I twitched an ear back at the sound, and Suli, too, stiffened within my mane and craned her neck to the source of it. There, situated at a second fire several yards away stood a grullo and with him, a white dragon whose form I only caught a glimpse of as she took to the skies and disappeared in the thick of the trees. The stallion seemed rather irritated at that moment, dropping his head and brutally ripping some shoots from their place in the ground. Shifting my eyes to exchange a quick glance with Suli, I moved away from the first fire and began to approach the grullo.

As I drew closer, however, it became apparent that this wasn't some newcomer I had yet to welcome. This grullo with the spider-webbed face and golden eyes had clearly escaped my memory at first, but now, I remembered the Glazier and the first time we had met on the borders of this very land. The fleeing form of white had surely been Fajira, but I was uncertain what had transpired between them to cause their separation. I only hoped that he wasn't in too bitter a mood to speak with me.

"Lace?" Came my voice as I settled to a stop, my eyes kind and twinged with excitement to see his silver form again. While I had not known him terribly well before, I did often worry over what had become of him. The warm glow of the fire seemed to illuminate his golden back, and I knew then that I couldn't be wrong in my accusation that it was him. A smile lit up my face, "It is good to see you again, I..." But then it fell when I spotted the blood beading upon his nose.

It seemed Suli had spotted it at the same time as I, and without warning she dropped from my mane, extending her wings to catch herself before just smacking into the ground. Crawling closer to the grullo, she tipped her head back and cocked her head one way, then the other, and gave an indignant huff... She was scanning the treeline for the other dragoness; not fretting over the fact that our Glazier's nose was bleeding.

Giving another sigh, I shook my head at met my gaze to that of Lace's. "Forgive her, she is looking for your friend; are you alright?"

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-16-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM