the Rift

[PRIVATE] Past and Present [Destrier]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Looking longingly into the forest, Suli sought the white form of the other dragoness, wondering why she had flown off in such a hurry and if she would make a swift return. The scent of a kill was in the air, and she could only assume that it was that of the pale dragoness'. The little green couldn't help but wonder, would she share? From above, a sharp huff was heard, snapping her out of innocent reverie and causing her to flinch in surprise. Twisting her head to look up at the grullo, she returned a fierce huff of her own and smacked her spaded tail against the ground to show she was just as capable of doing the same.

'Suli!' I scolded in the caverns of my mind, uncertain if the bond we held would even allow her to hear it just yet or not. My lips pursed at her little display, and though I wasn't angry with her, I was displeased that she would be so disrespectful in the face of another herdmate. She would grow out of it, I hoped, or perhaps the cold was simply getting to her and this would be the only time I'd have to worry. A trilling caught in my ears, then, surely from Lace's bonded, to which Suli perked up and returned a similar call of her own.

Returning my gaze to the other stallion, I dropped the displeased look from my face and replaced it with a gentler one, listening to the grullo's woes between himself and his scaly partner. I resisted a chuckle as I stepped closer to the fire, its glowering embers illuminating my dark hide in a vibrant shade of reds and oranges. "How long ago did you two bond?" I asked curiously, uncertain the age of the white dragoness. I recalled her from my first day in the Edge, but if my memory served me right, she had grown no bigger since that time.

The attention had drifted back to my own green, who was currently making her way up a nearby tree, scaling it much like a cat would. I couldn't help but smile at the action - she simply wanted to play with the other of her species - what was so wrong with that? But as Lace continued, I turned my attention back to him, my eyes dancing in a medium of confusion and intrigue. "Your condolences?" I asked with a gentle chuckle, "Why would you feel sorry? Sure, Suli's a handful at times, but... she's still a child. Has your Fajira always been the bickering type?" As soon as the words left my mouth, I found myself regretting them; I hoped I wouldn't upset the silver stallion with them, for I was merely curious.

But then, talk of dragons seemed to drop, though I wasn't complaining. While I didn't mind conversing about the creatures we shared our hearts with, I yearned to speak with Lace and his recent whereabouts. Not only that, but I wanted to learn more of him in general. Where had he come from? Had he always called the Edge home? What was it like to be a Glazier? Shifting where I stood, I cocked a hindleg beneath me to where I was most comfortable and cast the grullo a gentle smile. "Thank you," came my reply, and as much as I wanted to say the same back to my comrade... I couldn't.

I couldn't place exactly what it was, but something was off about the grullo. Maybe it was the slightest undertone of an edge in his voice, the despondent underlay of his golden eyes, or the gruffness in which he spoke of his bonded. It wasn't my business to say how he should react to his dragon, but something about the Glazier simply bothered me beyond comprehension. What was it? Drawing in a deep breath, I braced myself, but kept my expression gentle and my voice steady. "Lace... I don't mean to be so bold, brother, but does something trouble you? I am always happy to lend a listening ear."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-16-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM