Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Following the path of the little green as she moved about, most of the glaziers attention was directed towards her black companion as he spoke, asking questions and voicing concern over Lace's well being. A black-lined ear ticked in the direction of the forest when Fajira's trill sounded through the air, then he raised the head again and gave Destrier a faint smile, quite surprised by how accommodating - and curious - he was.

"Oh it's been many years since she hatched. I was four, maybe five at the time, so she's been with me for half my life. In time I've come to realize that as much as I love Fajira, I will never completely understand her and there will always be areas where we don't agree. I particularly dislike when she uses my back as a dinner table."

The smile twisted into a wry grin, and with the faint swish of a white tail the former soldier followed the example of the WingLeader and made himself comfortable, hips slanting in steep angles as a rear hood came to rest with only the tip nudging the ground. Heat radiated from the flickering flames where old logs and fallen branches had been stacked high enough to last the night. It chased away the worst of the stormy chill from the night, like the flickering light terrorized the shadows in their wild dance; a good night for long conversations. Perhaps it was better with some company after all.

As the inky draft asked for the thoughts that weighed on his mind, however, the smile faded and Lace allowed a heavy sigh to slip from the nostrils. Was he so obvious? He'd never been good at keeping his thoughts and mood to himself - not like Mirage, who could be overjoyed or beside herself in rage without it being obvious, unless she wanted it to be. No, the grullo was an open book in comparison to their mysterious Queen and WeyrLeader, and maybe it was stranger that no one had asked or intruded upon him earlier.

"If you kept this to yourself I'd be grateful" he mumbled and turned to stare into the flames, attempting to put into words the restlessness he'd been struggling with as of late. "I'd rather not that Mirage heard about this and came running... She's got enough to worry about as it is."

Taking a deep breath, Lace wrenched away from all sensations of loyalty and duty, diving deep into himself and pulling out something he rarely spoke about; his own wishes.
"I've been feeling restless lately" he admitted, eyes locked determinedly at the bonfire. "I've lingered in Helovia for over a year now, gotten involved in wars and magical adventures... I really hadn't planned to join a herd again when I came here, Destrier. I was just going to stay over the winter, rest and eat and take it easy, and then be on my way again. And now it's winter once more, war is brewing once again - I'm just so tired of it. To always have to worry about where your friends and herdmates are, worry about who you can trust and who's likely to take a stab at you whenever they get a chance. "

"I miss the road. To see new places, to be tied to no one but myself and Fajira..." He sighed and made a faint grimace. Would he ever be able to go back to those days? He had made promises, sworn himself to Mirage and whatever she decided to do, and the more time went the tighter he felt the bonds become. Would they choke him before they broke, or would he be able to turn his back on everything and walk away?

A stone rolled into the fire as he kicked it loose with a hoof, gloomily watching as the ice and moisture on it caused the flames to crackle and hiss in displeasure.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Destrier - 06-16-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Past and Present [Destrier] - by Lace - 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM