the Rift

[OPEN] she found herself chasing ghosts; [Arah]

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

The ocean was impressive; vast and violent, rocking against the wet shore and tossing spray into the air almost as if it was playing. The crash of waves carried across the sand towards the party, so rhythmic that it might have put the stallion to sleep if he was not so energized. The sea was different than he had expected. From the tops of jagged cliffs, where he had peered down upon the frothing water, it had seemed vehement and hungry, lashing out at the rocks with a white-eyed vengeance. Now it was peaceful and calm, and if it had not been such a cool day Roland would have wanted to throw himself into the dark waves, letting the water wash over his back and soak into his hair.

As of now he stood beside his family, marveling at the strange feeling of damp sand beneath his feet, sinking in between the clefts of his hooves, and turned his gaze towards Arah as she welcomed him with a grin. Amiable as ever, Roland smiled wryly back at the white mare, tilting his chin towards her ear. “I suppose I have good timing,” he murmured back with a wink. They seemed to be in the midst of introductions, even though Illynx appeared to have skipped formalities for the most part and jumped straight into the conflict. Following Arah’s example, he dipped his head to the hybrid and his dragon courteously. “Roland. I’m sure you can guess where I’m from,” he said in a voice cadenced with good humour.

Listening to the following conversation but not bothering to intrude, the Impersonator watched Comadre with disguised curiousity, wondering at the bond between the dragon and Osiris. He had grown wary of all things even vaguely snake-like after his run in with two particularly impetuous serpents, and though the drake seemed gentle enough Roland didn’t doubt it could be vicious if it wished to be.

I believe Osiris is from the Grey, Illynx, and if so we should treat him with the utmost respect. I’m sure you’re aware of the contract,” he mentioned after the brown mare had acknowledged his arrival. He was only hazarding a guess at the hybrid’s affiliations, taking his mention of being a mercenary as a hint towards which group he might belong to, if any. Though his expression was unthreatening, his voice held a warning that he hoped Illynx would heed, if she had any sense. A Corporal of the Basin should be doing her best to make a good impression of course, even if she did find the sight of Osiris to be disgusting.

The fresh air and cool wind that was refreshingly not sub-zero was putting Roland in a good mood, but it was disappointing to see Illynx was not affected by the same simple pleasures. He studied her with a level gaze as she continued to speak, the ghost of a smile on his lips. “That’s not always such a bad thing, is it? The land has much to offer those who are willing to explore it.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: she found herself chasing ghosts; [Arah] - by Roland - 07-18-2013, 05:56 PM