the Rift

[Open] Winds of Change
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Friendship was a most cherished gift. “Midas!” I smiled at my dear brother, touching him as one would blood kin. Our noses met, his exhaled mist mingled with my own and I also breathed in deeply that familiar essence which brought this heart to rise further than even my wings could go. “Oh, my friend, it’s so good to see you again!” I couldn’t think of what wondrous deed I had fulfilled to be blessed with such a brother. Witnessed hardened pools softened even further, smoothly I replied with deep affection, “Aye Apollo, it soars my spirit to know you are well.” The silver lad spoke next, “And to you my friend.” It wasn’t often that strangers would greet another with anything more than a scowl, (and some gave less than that). But this one seemed to be of a cleaner cut then others, greeting me in polite turn to which I regarded him with approval and curiosity.

“How are things in the Dragon’s Throat? Peaceful, I hope….?”

Patiently I turned back to my painted friend to answer his question; there was time for getting to know our silver company shortly. Apollo’s gentle and compassionate nature was a pleasant thing to partake, it would be shameful to not fully bask in it while I could, “Yes our sands remain quiet thus far…I pray the Lord of Earth is smiling upon the Foothillls as well?” Even as I said the words, it was impossible for Ktulu to not come to mind—as did our little daughter. Bitter sweet, which was the taste which lingered upon my tongue when I got to thinking of them.

Bitter because I couldn’t, and wouldn’t live in their herd—nor would I follow their morals. Sweet, because of my unrelenting love for her and our child. Apollo must have realized this because he added with hints that could have been apologetic, "I haven't had the chance to congratulate you yet on becoming a father. So, congratulations, brother." Grinning all the wider, my eyes shone with proud delight and tone signified gratitude in a man’s gruff sort of way, “Thank you—have you gotten to meet her yet?” Our daughter was truly something to behold.

All of these little snippets happened in a matter of moments; soon enough our attention was directed to the silver stranger whom I had yet to learn his name. He openly stated distress and singled himself out as a newcomer, “I am in fact lost, but I do not mind, those who are lost tend to find the greatest of adventures.” Standing by, I resolved to say nothing at first and instead held the silence to see how my brother would respond. (He had after all, met this lad before me.)

“You are right, I suppose…If not for being lost, then I myself wouldn’t be here. And what an adventure it has been since then!” I thought back to the meadow, it had only been a season ago when myself and the Earth mender had saved the life of a jackelope—in some other world. Still, on quiet nights, I dreamed of that ‘other’ place. I dreamed of its silver glowing orb trees and mythical beasts that took life from tales I was told as a child. “Forgive my rudeness; I am Apollo, Earth Medic of the Grey. If you are searching for a place of respite, I can offer you my home… Or, if Midas here is feeling particularly generous, perhaps he could off you his?”

His joking isn’t missed, I turn to look at the patched one once and then regard our company with a humorous but polite grin, “As he says I am Midas, and you are standing upon Threshold soil. A gateway of sorts,” my smile remains but tone drops into a lapse of practiced seriousness that is as gentle as a moth, yet firm in its provision, “From here you will find entrance into either of the four herds that rule lands beyond the unforgiving wild. Dragon’s Throat is the land from whist I hail, it lies Southwest of this forest. World’s edge is Northwest and the Foothills lies Northeast….” Quietly my voice slips off before rising again to add in a slightly quieter tone, “Should you have reason to visit them I’ve been told the Aurora Basin is far North; though I would offer caution, they do not take kindly to strangers…” Truthfully I knew little of the herd; and thankfully had only been blessed with visiting their soils once. (Something I prayed would never happen again) So not to end on a bad note I added swiftly and with light tone, “Your presence would most certainly be welcomed in the Throat should you ever have the need for it.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
[Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apollo - 06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apollo - 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-22-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM