the Rift

[Open] Winds of Change

Apache Renoen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He remained silent as the two stallions exchanged warm greetings, a small smile touching his lips at the open show of affection between the two despite of the difference in herds. It was a nice way to enter the land, to see such a bond that transcended borders and bloodlines. Dragon's Throat, Foothills, these names were foreign to Apache, but by the way they were used it was not hard to figure out that they were territories one of them called home. His ears perked forward at this new line of information that was now being fed to him through their civil conversation. He did not feel at all put out by the sudden lack of interest in him and merely waited for them to realize he was there again before speaking. Rather he took the time to examine the two gentlemen, committing both of their faces and scents to memory. Then the conversation took a rather unexpected turn as the horse he had learned was named Apollo congratulated Midas on being a father. Instantly he drew away from the conversation, the simple words of a happy friend to another causing his heart to ache with the pain of what he could have had, of what he had lost. The pain was so sudden it caused him to flinch. Over the passing months he had learned to handle the heart ache, but every now and against the pain would hit him all anew. The simplest of things could remind him of his mate, the rising sun, the way the grass was blanketed in light layer of moss, or even simply drinking. Odd things that one would have never realized they associated with their loved one until they were no longer there.

Although the pain was unexpected Apache quickly regained his composed appearing as if nothing had happened. He was unsure if either of the stallions had noticed, he sincerely hoped that they hadn't. He didn't want to seem rude by reacting in such a way when they were discussing such a wonderful subject. Their attention was soon upon him and he could not help but smile at Apollo's words, his heart still throbbed but he had become used to ignoring the pain. He felt nothing wrong by answering the earlier question truthfully, even if it had announced that he was indeed new to these lands. He was not entirely in distress, he wasn't bothered by the fact that he was lost, he could very easily get by on his own without knowing where he was. However unlike the previous lands he had traveled in this place held herds, although this information could be valuable he would have found out about them soon enough. No one could hide the scent of a herd, but now that he had these two here he could learn more then just where they lived but their values and beliefs.

He gave a small dip of his head. "There is no need to apologize." He said, "I am Apache Renoen, it is a pleasure to meet you Apollo. To answer your question I haven't thought about joining a herd. I have been traveling for so long it would be nice to finally seek a peaceful life among others I can call my friends." He fell silent as Midas spoke explaining the various herd lands. His ears perked at the mention of a desert, although he was a horse who admired the beauty of winter, but he wished to dwell within the warmth. The lands he had been in previously had been warm and although he was of a breed that was hardy against cold, his pelt hadn't had time to grow to the proper length needed to provide adequate protection. If it weren't for the mud providing a natural barrier against the chill Apache would have begun to feel the effects of the freezing whether long ago. "You both are very generous." he said, "It is not often one is extended the promise of shelter. I am deeply honored." Again he gave a dip of his head. It would be nice to have company again and the protection of a herd, the only dilemma he had was which kind soul to go with. Unable to chose based on the two ambassadors before him Apache opted to collect more information. "Please, tell me of you homes."

Messages In This Thread
[Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apollo - 06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apollo - 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 06-22-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Midas - 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: [Open] Winds of Change - by Apache Renoen - 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM