the Rift

[OPEN] Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star [Birth, Faelon, Knox, OPEN]

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
The Devil's Advocate's black flame of a heart seemed to have been smuthered lately. Her stomach grew bigger and bigger, and the foal was there to remind her there was going to be a light for her soon. She spent time away from Knox after witnessing Faelon's defeat and imprisonment. He had taken his freedom for her, and it was something that warmed her heart later. She'd have to thank her only true friend for his sacfrice later. Now was the time she wished be alone as normal. Refuge during him imprisonment was taken along a rocky outcrop; she'd yet to see someone come across her, but why would they be looking for a pregnant prisoner that would lash out at the first sight of another soul?
Days and Nights swept in and out like the weather, moving either slow or fast. As the last of the leaves fell in Orangemoon, and the snowflakes began to fall as Frostfall began, she began to worry as of the birth of child during snow. Only the night before had the snow been heavy enough to stick. The next night, as the Crescent Moon swung across the sky and the stars gave no light, was the night the first contraction began. It was not sudden as she had expected to be, but slow and steady. Pain was enough to bare with as another one followed afterwards, and she let herself wander away from the rest. They dare come upon the spotted mare now, may the God's have favour in them for she would sure curse death upon their damned souls.
It had been at one point that she fell to her knees and laid to her side, and relaxed herself as the Moon shone light upon her. Pale blue eyes stayed locked upon the Moon as it moved through the sky rising from one side and then falling to the other. Each contraction she felt, every little thing her body did to move her child to the air. She never let a sound fall from her no matter the amount of the pain. It would bring unwanted attention to her.
The Moon had begun to fall behind the Mountains that this land began did she feel the last of the big contractions end, and then after waiting thirty seconds, did she notice that the contractions had ended completely. Her head and neck nose before she could bring herself to lie at a more comfortable position. One sigh broke the silence before she could turn to look at what had been brought into the world. She'd asked for a girl, if anything. It kept her hopes up at the thought of a daughter to bring to the Assassins after her escape. Soon she'd find someone to run a message to Tonka, and allow him to announce to her group that a new member had been added, and that it was her proud child. Also that at some point the pair would return to them.
Her eyesight caught the first sign of movement towards her hind legs, and as she was able to dare herself to her black hooves, careful not to injure her child in anyway, was she allowed the first sight of her precious child. Snow touched the foal and it worried her, and as she brushed her muzzle over her child's body, cleaning her and encouraging it to stand, did she take the first scent of her child. It smelled of a filly, and she was for once in her life, over-joyed. Pulling her head up as her black mane ran over the child's body, did she observe her child.
The filly was like it's father, an amber champagne. A pair of eyes to match her own were there in the foal's skull, gray flecks within them. A mother's first worrysome thought comes across her and she wonders if the child might have issues with it's sight. It is ignored as she catches the first unique thing to filly.
Mounted between her eyes, a straight horn is there, blowing a blue to match the eyes. It amazes Adrixaura, for as she had only been in this place for a short time, that her child have a horn that glowed. She looks to the mane and tail, and at the top of the tail is a blue circular marking that slips into the tail to make the base hairs a dark blue. She smiles. The child is worthy enough of her, and is enough to make her proud before the foal has even learned to stand.
Again, as if to plead with her child, does she beg her child to stand as she pushes her muzzle into the foal's side, attempting to slide it under the filly's stomach to push her up. Oh, please get up. Please. Don't do this to me. You're only seconds old and the snow will kill you if you're in it too long. It comes across her that the child lacks a name as she worries like a first time mother. She searches through the piles of thoughts that over the months that were to be the foal's beloved name. She's find the perfect one, one her step-father had once wanted to name his next child. Sikeax. A smile comes forth from the spotted mare, and she prepares herself for what will be the most important thing her child's life. The ceremony of receiving a name worthy of her beauty.
"Oh, you're almost too beautiful to be my own child. A name worthy of your beauty is one that has been special to me and my family for sometime, and it shall be placed upon you as the greatest gift you shall ever receive. Sikeax. Now, my little Sia, get to your hooves and join me. The snow is too cold for you."
This is a rare time for her to ever be kind and wishful to another beinging. No one else would ever receive this treatment, and as the first snowflake fell in that night, did she really notice what had happened. As a prisoner, she'd given birth in a jail. And her guard was the one who attempted to bride her into giving the foal to live in this awful place. For as much as her foal meaned to her, she wasn't going to allow him to take another blow to her like that. As of this moment, she'd fight with what strength she had to raise her child and leave with Sikeax by her side to the safety of the Assassins. Whether Knox wanted her to or not.
Given her moment with her child, there was a spark to ignite the black flame within her chest. It burned like the depths of hell, and finally, the Devil's Advocate her power returned.

OOC: Adri baby time! Yay! Anyone can post before Sikeax as I'm waiting her rank change.
image credits
table by whit

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My first moments in this world wasn't followed by being surrounded by numberous creatures, nor was it being alone. The first thing I saw in the world was my mother in all of her glory. To me at that moment, there wasn't much more to see. Yet with my first moments in the world came, came my first true hatred: the cold. Oh, how it burned! It wasn't like being burned with fire, yet with a cold touch. Each touch my mother gave me was welcomed greatly and warm, and when her caress would leave me, I found myself asking for more and more of it. No, I wasn't greedy for her attention, I only wanted to know her warmth more for everything around was freezing. Even the act of opening my eyes was painful. I'm not sure if when you open your eyes for the very first time that it is meant to burn as much as it did as the place I somehow ended up at, but it did. After all of that, what flooded my brain with some much room to spare was the fact that it was dark. Looking at my mother, seeing her there near me and then feeling her muzzle be pushed up under my body made me feel a bit more comfortable before she let a sweet voice out. One word out of the rest stands out. Sikeax. Is that supposed to be my name?
With her muzzle wedged up under my side, pushing into my stomach, I got the idea of what she wanted and attempted to work with her. The ground, covered in a white coat that was cold and burned oddly enough at the same time, made it more difficult for my small hooves to gain a hold. Oh mommy, how do you seem to do it so easily?
At first, I got half way up before I fell down again. It hurt bad, my chest and ribs hitting the ground as all the air that I had stolen and pushed into my small lungs was violently thrown out. I must of screamed or something, probably cried a bit, because when I hit the ground, a loud noise came from no one and it definately wasn't Mom. My eyes felt wet and my body ached. Is this normal, Mommy? Is everything like this and every moment I'm going to be falling down? I wanted to ask her that question so bad, and in my attempt to ask, my mouth opened and I tried for my first words, only for a squeak to come out. My voice was broken, or either it wasn't just ready to be used yet.
Mom had helped me once, and when she didn't come about to helping a second time, I let the tears in my eyes fall til they ended a few seconds after they started, and went for another try. This time around, there must of been a rock or something under the white stuff because as I used my front legs to haul the front of my body up, and slid my hind legs under my body, I caught something. Ultimately, I knew I looked awkward in my stance. My first seconds on my hooves were spent with my front legs straight and proud, hind legs spread apart attempting to pull together. Hopefully no one would see me.....
It took a few moments to get the hind legs actually to work with the rest of me, but I got it. Mom wasn't exactly right beside me, and the next thing on my list just had to be to take a step towards her. One leg forward, wobbling badly, I put it down a bit further forward than the rest. The leg behind followed, and then the other two in the same fashion. Oh yes, I got it down now. I smiled towards her, proud of myself as I got rid of that annoying cold burning sensation. But it was in the air around, and more of that white stuff that was all over the ground was falling down from above me. My little head went up and my eyes followed to see where it was coming from. But the stuff falling wasn't what caught my attention.
I must of not been paying very little attention to myself when I was looking at Mom and how pretty she ws, but there was a horn between my eyes. It really caught my attention because it was glowing, or whatever you call it. It had this weird blue stuff coming off it that put out light and for right now, we'll call it 'magikal light that just comes from this horn of mine'. It was straight and pretty, and when I looked over to Mom, I saw that she lacked own. Did it fall off our something? IS MINE GOING FALL OFF?!?! OH PLEASE DON'T FALL OFF. IT'S TOO PRETTY. At the thought of losing my horn and the magikal light that just comes from this horn of mine was enough to make me cry. I loved it already and wanted to know where Mom had her's at. Or was it just me? I don't seem to special........
Yet, let's ignore the fact that my Mom's horn fell off somewhere and I need to find a way to keep mine from falling off because it's so pretty......... Her warmth was still what I wanted, and my stomach was making funny noises. The noises were frightening at first seeing I didn't know where they were coming from. First thought is I'm broken. Probably am. Mom doesn't have a horn and magikal light that just comes out of this horn of mine, and I do. My stomach is making weird noises and her's isn't. And for some cursed reason, the world and ground and everything else BURNS WHEN I TOUCH IT. Yup. I'm pretty broken here.
I took one more of those steps, and my front right leg wobbled. Well, I don't know which leg is my right leg, but I'm guessing its on my the side I put out first. You shouldn't really expect me to know everything at the first few minutes of my life. Mom will teach me them. But as that hopefully front right leg wobbled about, I almost fell on my face. I didn't want my pretty horn to hit the ground; I'd managed to save it before I even knew I had it when I fell on my chest and apparently screamed. Maybe if I fell and hit the ground, then that'd be the reason it would fall off like Mom's did. I wonder what her's looked like.
Taking my time, one way or another I found myself beside her. So, first few minutes of life and I knew these things here. One, Mom has no horn, and if I fall, mine will probably fall off like her's did. Two, it has stuff that comes out of it called magikal light that just comes out of this horn of mine, and yes, that's what it is called. Three, walking and standing at two different things, and neither are easy. I'll probably never get them down. Four, HOW AM I COUNTING?! Five, everything burns whenever I touch it. Six, I'm broken. Seven, my stomach makes weird noises and I don't know why. Another reason I'm broken. Eight, again, HOW AM I COUNTING?!
I pretty much bumped into Mom when I got to the step that took me to her finally. I hit her in her tummy, which was big and white and jiggly and when I touched it I knocked me down. It knocked me down and I landed on my butt and my tail, which hurt more than I expected it to. And then again, I was back in the burning cold stuff. It was everywhere. I swear. I'm telling the truth. It's never going to go away. I'm defeated here, and by my mom's big white stomach that doesn't make weird sounds like mine because it isn't broken like me. Stubbornness kept me on my butt though yet what forced me back up was the fact that IT WAS BURNING MY BUTT.
It was just about the jumpstart I needed to get on those legs of mine and to stay on them.
Now, if you were there, you were probably laughing at the sight of me jumping onto those wobbly legs of mine and this time, for extra support to stand, biting into Mom's black mane. I used her to pull me all the way up and then searched for something. Instinct or whatever it was told me to nurse, and when instinct told me what that was, I did. Afterwards my stomach quit making that weird sound. I'm still broken, I know I am. That noise is going to come back and I'll still be broken. I don't think there's much of a way of fixing it either......

OOC: *giggles* She's so ADORABLE.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits