the Rift

[OPEN] Meet me at the border || Adrixaura

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka knew that he could to cross the border. He did not want the Foothills to get mad at him especially because Ophelia had recently let him free. But, the Foothills did have something of his that he needed back, her name was Adrixaura. Although he did not really know her all that well, she was part of his herd, his family and she did not belong in this mountainous area. He at least needed to talk to her. Tell her that he would get her out of this place as soon as he could.

Snow wrapped around Tonka’s hooves as he made his way to the border of the Foothills. He had to be careful not to cross it though. Familiar scents rushed through his nostrils, reminding him of his days of a prisoner. He knew how it felt to be captured. The urge to break away and never return, but with the watchful eye of the horses that resided here, it was impossible. Today was not the day for him to free Adrixaura, but simply to talk to her to keep her dated on the information going around in the Assassins. Dark ears were flicked forward, catching any sound that scurried by him. His handsome navy blue eyes searched the lands as he made himself come to a steady halt. He was at the border. A thunderous whinny came ringing out of the massive brute’s throat to get the attention of his follower. The steed did not care if others had heard him, they could not punish him for being outside of their territory.

Tonka remembered the deal Ophelia had made with him. How she would let him go to take over the Assassins and change their being. How they could possibly work in tandem when the time is needed. The steed remembered he had asked about letting Adrixaura be free as part of the deal, but a spar was going on for her freedom. For all he knew, Adrixaura could not even be here right now. The horse who had challenged could have won, and she could be back at the Arch. Well… Tonka would just have to wait and see.

[[Please let Katie reply first, then others are free to join in ;)]]
!

Credits!!

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
As a new found mother, she was able to understand the worries every mother faced. Worries about where your child had run off to and if they were sae. She wasn't to trusting to anyone here, and the only she'd ever show respect to where the leaders for in some way, they could be linked with her freedom. Yet now she needed to speak to an Assassin, if anything. Her new family was that band, and like all families, everyone wanted to know the gossip. Today she'd speak to one over Sikeax being born, and see how their attempts to rescue her were going.
Morning came fast, and after the night before, having given birth to her child, a stroll was more than enough to relax her. Every part of her body ached and was sore as she took a step towards the border. She wasn't about to take off across the border and attempt escape, for in that process, she might as well had given Sikeax over to Knox before she was even born. If they had plans for her to escape, well her baby was going with her. A breath slides into her lungs, and a scent that seems somewhat familiar comes to her. It is not one she is used to, but it smells of Assassin, and that was enough to ignore all the aches and pains so that she could take off running towards the border. Lucky none would see this meeting for they'd probably be expecting her to try an escape. Nope, it was family she smelt, and family she wanted.
Skidding to a halt as she came too close the border, her pale blue eyes looked in every direction in frantic panic. Finally she caught the smell again and went to it at a trot, body sending a storm of complaints to her as she attempted to keep grace. Dare anyone see her in such a form; it's an insult, don't you know?
Tonka stood on the other side of the border when she had the scent pinpointed. The bay stallion was almost too welcoming of a sight to the mare. Being surrounded by enemies for days on end, seeing him was too welcome. Yet she must keep her common nature. She isn't the Devil's Advocate for anything.
"Ah, Tonka. You smell almost as disturbing as this place does. Haven't you taken enough baths to rid the scent off your mud coat, or is the water just too cold for the rumoured new leader of the Assassins?"
She smirks, letting her little smile come out. This stallion was all she needed to return to her normal self, and once she was free, Knox would get an ear full of her hatred and insults and whatever her silver tongue had to throw at the colt. He deserved it, and everyone knew it too well. All she needed was the perfect timing for it.
"Don't be angered towards me, you might as well heard the rumours of my ways. Now, I have news to give you that might as well be benefitual to you, and all of the Assassins. For, if rumour hasn't burst through the lands yet, I have been pregnant during my imprisonment. Don't worry, it was to an outcast stallion whose name is staying out to me, for he is not benefitual. Though, as of last night, the first born Assassin in this band was birthed. A filly named Sikeax. She's something, let me say. You'll enjoy her company once you meet her. She's a hybrid, bares a horn that glows the same pale blue as my eyes. If there are any attempts for my freedom any time soon, I'm not going anywhere without my baby. Now, please tell me what I've missed during my imprisonment, and how in the name of the Gods, did you end up doing Ignita's job?"
Curiosity would always win the best of the spotted mare, and just having Tonka being rumoured as the new Assassin leader was enough to make her raise an eyebrow that she lacked. Things were changing without her around, and it made her feel left out. At least someone came to visit her for it seemed as if no one cared for her. Then again, she wasn't much for making friends and the only other Assassins she had seen/met were Ignita, Tonka here, and Kumal. She'd hadn't seen Kumal since Faelon challenged Knox, and sadly enough, the rumours ring through the land that Faelon was a prisoner with her. Oh, too sad, too sad.

image credits
table by whit

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

A whole year. Roy had wandered this land long enough to see it flush it's colors, from one seasonal gown to the next. Now, as snow piled onto the ground in the beginnings of a blanket, the stallion had heard rumors that the mare he had had a chance encounter with and had courted to phenomenal success, had been imprisoned in the foothills. He knew also that should his actions have come to fruition that it was nearly time for the foal to be born. He knew he had no right to lay claim to her or the foal, but it never hurt to be curious. After all, the new life would share his blood. He may have been pretty young, but even he understood the importance of family.

It was that thought that drove the painted champagne to make his way to the foothills, seeing if the rumors were true. His straight, silver-blue horn gleamed in the morning light. It was straight and narrow as a rapier, and strong as diamond, he wondered if the child would take after him, or if it would take after it's dam more. He wouldn't be hurt either way- the mare had been beautiful if memory served him correctly. He was sure the foal would be amazing.

He eventually came to the border of the foothills and instead of crossing it, for he knew better than to do such a thing, he turned on his back legs and cantered along the scent line. Several yards farther along, he saw two horses meeting, one inside, and one outside. When he got closer he recognized the mare standing inside the border as the mare he had covered. as it had been the last time he had seen her, her beauty took his breath away. This time around, it was easier to hide it behind a much better poker face. He came within earshot in time for her to mention something about a filly and he had a few seconds to remember her name before he had to slow down to a trot, and then to a stop.

He nodded his head up once in way of a greeting to the stallion, and then turned his attention to the mare. "Been a long time, Adrix. I heard rumors you were being imprisoned. I guess the rumors were true, then? How have you been holding up? Have they been treating you well?" The line of questions weren't something you would ask if you had disappeared for most of the pregnancy, but the situation was awkward, and he could feel that fact settling in. It had been so long. Where had he been? And if he truly cared, why hadn't he appeared before now?

He had an answer for all of those accusations that he knew could be rightfully thrown at him, no matter how much he knew she wouldn't believe him. The truth was that he had been young, and it was a chance meeting between two horses doing what came natural during the breeding season. By the time he'd realized his abandonment might have hurt her, it was too late for seeking her out not to be awkward when he found her. However, he couldn't stay away forever, and that was why he was here now.

Tonka, played by Sky
Adrixaura played by Katie
Sikeax, played by Katie
*Awkward Turtle*

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I have to say, I'm pretty good at adventuring. Mom said to stay at the place where I was born, but there was all that white stuff everywhere, and I tried to lie down and take a nap, but it only burned me some more. It must hate me for being so broken because Mom didn't seem so bothered by it when she was lying down in it, and she was lying in it a lot while sleeping. Finally I was able to find a place that didn't have the nasty stuff in it. Soon I fell asleep and when I woke up, Mom was gone. Yeah, her foot prints where in the white stuff, and I could follow it, but I wanted to see what this place was like on my own. Maybe there was places like the place I fell asleep in near by and I wouldn't have to be burned by it.
Yet now, I can see looking for places that didn't burn was harder than thought. The stuff was everywhere, and luckily it quit falling down from the sky, though now there was this thing in the sky that when you looked at it, it made my eyes burn and water like when I fell down. My legs had failed me many of times now because I kept falling, and now everything hurt. Sitting down would just be defeat, and if there was anyone around to see me, I'd probably be laughed at. That seems like my thing, messing up and falling down because my legs aren't too good. Mom will have to teach me how to work them better soon because I'm never going to get this down.
Since she left, I wanted to try out new things. Instead of walking, I wanted to move faster. So I tried running, and finally got it down. If only Mom was around to me learn to run, but that isn't so bad. I'll show her when I see her next. Above me there are all these different noises and flying things I was told where birds that stayed year long. I'm not sure what a 'year' is, but it might mean they stay for some period of time. Right, finding Mom and showing her that I figured out how to run seems like my big goal at the moment. It seems like every five minutes I've got a new goal to do, and find a way to achieve it. Somehow it was making me feel a bit better, and helped me ignore the fact that my legs are wobbly and I fall down a lot and at some point my horn is gonna fall off like Mom's did.
Before me was a hill, and maybe I could run down it. Sounds like a perfect idea, if I should say. And it's my idea, isn't it? It's perfect, no changing it or telling me it isn't. So I'm going to do it. Starting off I kind of half bounced, half jumped, from the top and then somewhat landed on my hooves before falling on my side. So okay, running down the hill is out of the picture and sliding is the new thing. I didn't want to slide as much as I wanted to run, so I panicked and screamed most of the way down because the white burning stuff was touching me and being even more of a jerk and burning me more. Mom will have to get on to it when I find her soon.
At the bottom of the hill was nothing, well not nothing, it was just more of the jerky white stuff and no trees. I slid into a big pile of it before emerging somewhat virtious from it. A pout and a frown comes across my face because I want Mom now and she isn't around. But, as if she heard me, I could smell her. I wanted to yell 'Mom! Mom! I'm over here!' at her, and when I opened my mouth, all that came out was a squeak. Again. Talking still not there yet. So this means I've got to find her on my own because she wouldn't hear my weird squeak and come to my aid.
It took a bit of running (which I think I got down now) to find her, and once I saw her big white body, I moved towards her at a walk, content with myself. And then she just took off runnning!!!! She was running away from me! What did I do, Mom? Or maybe she was just playing! That's it, she's wanting me to play tag with her!
My little legs chased her and I was careful not to fall down and have the white stuff burn me more, and she just stopped! This isn't how the game works, Mom. I'm supposed to chase you and you run from me, and when I tag you, you chase me and I run from you. Not you stopping suddenly. I almost got to her when she turned to the left or which ever way it, I don't know the difference between left and right. I don't even know what left and right is! I'm just guessing and going with what I think is right.
And then up ahead, I saw Mom!
Mom wasn't actually alone, because there was a dark brown stallion with a black mane like Mom's standing there. And then another stallion came along that looked kind of like me! Except he had white stuff all over him. How did it not burn him when it burned me so much? Jerk! But Mom is endanger, and I want to be making sure Mom is alright so I ran up to her and stood beside her. This time I was going to get my voice to work. I pulled up my might, took a breathe, and tried for words.
A squeak.
If I could blush, I would. But I couldn't, and my first meeting with anyone other my mom is starting with my embarrassing myself. Mom's black tail is enough to hide in, so I pushed my face and head into the mass of black strands and stood there. Oh, don't let them laugh at me. I know I'm a laughing stock and broken and my precious horn is going to fall off like Mom's did, but laughing at me would probably make me cry. I need to a way to hide, to blend in with my surroundings, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Because nope, I tend to do embarrassing things and I can't protect my mom when she is probably in danger. A pout escapes me from inside Mom's tail and staying there is my new way of hiding. No one can see here, and I won't let them see me here. Mom won't let them see me either.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter feels success in the most painful manner. He is young and has never truly encountered a fight that hadn't led to death. Though he had once more emerged victorious, making the white unicorn Faelon a prisoner of the Foothills, he feels the hot and searing bruise of Faelon's buck as powerfully as any sort of failure he can imagine. Manhattan trails slowly at his side, forcing herself to slow each step to accomodate for his new weakness.

Knox has grown weary of his role as a guard. Each moment he remembers Adrixaura, spitting fire and screaming hate, he feels less inclined to seek her out. But it is his duty, at the very least, to see her off. Yes, for today she is leaving. As he shuffles slowly towards the border, following her scent and the trail of her hoofprints in the snow, he takes solace in that, if nothing else.

And when he arrives at the edge of the Foothill's land, the line left in the snow a dragged path marking his limp in Frostfall's fresh bed, he is not surprised to see her there. Maybe she's escaping, at this point he could care less. He sees the others across the border, presumably both assassins, but dismisses them with a snort and a wave of his tail. When the foal comes to stand by her mother's side, Knox does not even blink.

"Perhaps it would be best if you and your friends shared your news in the wilds, Adrixaura," he says, his voice a soft, pained grunt and his blue eyes focused on Adrixaura as he pulls himself closer to the border and braced against the aches of the fight. He hopes she'll understand his meaning and just leave, but even Manhattan, standing beside him with her paws buried in the snow, knows that the spotted mare likely won't ever make things that easy. The young hunter is too tired to comment on the foal or the little gathering they've created; he doesn't care anymore. He just wants Ophelia to come and fix this mess for him.

He is still a child, a foolish and mistaken one. Aylin has taught him that, though so too has this mess. But he has learned his lesson and will bite his tongue. Let the hell-beast of a mare go free with her merry band of misfits and do as they please. Knox sees them not as a threat now, just a nuisance.

[[Ophelia will be coming, please don't leave without her x3]]

Knox
ave mortuite salutat
</style>
Credit
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Ophelia grit her teeth as she saw a slew of strangers on the fringes of her land, discussing matters that should not be allowed ever since they won the battle to keep the mare in custody. She frowned and tilted her ears back, assuming her cloak of invisibility to approach unseen. There, she listened and watched, able to smell the familiar scent of Knox also nearby. After listening to the brief conversation and spying on the little hybrid foal with little emotion other than a tight "ahah", she unveiled herself and came to stand just beside Knox.

Tinek, the silver royal spiraled down from the skies and sat upon her crest, talons weaving in her mane for support. Crimson eyes settled on the group, but Ophelia was unafraid. She and Tonka had come to a rather decent agreement, but the mare, Adrixaura, had been nothing but an irritating pain. She had pried briefly into Knox's mind after he had given her permission to do so and was entirely disappointed in the mare's behavior. The spotted one should be more grateful that she had been allowed to birth her frostfall spawn in the safety of a herdland instead of the dangers of the wilds.

Ophelia gently aimed to place her soft muzzle to the crest of Knox, a soft gesture of solidarity and appreciation. Then, her gaze turned to Tonka, the leader, for it was with him that any deal be made. "My fighter has beat yours and your mare has birthed her foal in the safety of our herdlands, ungratefully," she murmured, having heard her complaints and accusations from Knox's mind. "As I told you earlier when you promised to adjust the purpose of your band, I have no more qualms with you. Both your mare and the fighter who challenged for her freedom may go."

She tossed her in the direction of the wilds. "I expect that any more visits will be met on the borders, here."

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka saw the black speckled mare approaching him. He takes in a deep breath of the fresh air, and then puts on a smile. His eyes lit with a sort of happiness to see one of his own members. His crown was held with pride as she approached. The brute’s black and gold tail swished and he let his nostrils flare with delight. His velvet ears flickered forward and he let out a quiet snort of contentment. When she was in front of him, the mare began to talk. A sort chuckle rumbled in his throat.

“The water is far too cold to take a bath, Adrixaura. I must say, although I am no longer imprisoned here, it is nice to see one of my kind. And you have heard right, Ignita has died and I am now the leader of the Assassins.”

The mare let a smile come to her face before she again spoke. Though, she spoke about rumors, Tonka had not heard any of these. Apparently, this mare in front of him was now a mother! That was a good and a bad thing he supposed. It was good that she had brought another member to him and it was great that this mare was so happy about her, but she was also small and much too vulnerable being a new born. What if Tonka could not protect it? This member of his could turn on him and strike out with a rage that could be deadly. That was silly to think of though. Tonka could, and would, protect the both of them.

“Congrats with your child Adrixaura! I am sure that I will love her. If you ever need help with her, you can count on me, for I have always had a weak spot for foals. And trust me, I would never take you away from your foal. I truly can’t wait to meet her. Also, I have got this job because Ignita has died, as I have said earlier. Also, Ophelia has told me to do this. Ignita has stolen this herds being I I was directed to take over and change it.”

Tonka saw could see another horse coming. Ears flicked back bit. It seemed as though this boy had come for Adri. He began to talk, and then another soul began to appear. It was small, very small. Very, very adorable too. This must have been Sikeax. She was an adorable little filly, just as he had expected. It gave a little squeak, and Tonka could not help but chuckle. The cute little thing then hid in her mom’s tail. A smile could not have been any bigger on his face.

Another horse comes. This one was black with a glowing bridle and not to mention had a dog following him. He was too a child, she Tonka assumes that this was Adrixaura’s keeper, judging by his words. His smile dims. The dark bay remains quiet, waiting for his turn to talk. A fimilair figure starts to appear. This figure was none other than Ophelia, the mare who had taken and released Tonka. There it was again, the small smile creeping back onto his maw. Her voice like chimes rang out. This was now Tonka’s turn to speak. “Thank you Ophelia. We shall leave in peace now, and we will not trespass anymore, but wait here if we want your attention.”
With that, the brute turned around and took a step forward. He stopped, throwing his head back towards Adrixaura and Sikeax. ”Come, we will go home now.”

[[Soooo sorry for the long wait]]

[/color]

Credits!!